“Best food in liverpool” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
“Best food in liverpool”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

I have been a fanatic of Indian food for as far I can remember, travelling across the globe and experiencing many Indian cuisines. I must say Cafe Sekender is simply divine. This is a restaurant of the highest of calibre and magnitude. The staff are exceptional and the food is to die for. Mouthwatering. Will not hesitate to visit back again.

• Visited June 2013

Liverpool
“Saying it was 'OK' is being generous..”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Oh dear. Went to Cafe Sekander on a Living Social Deal with my OH. Restaurant was busy on arrival but we were seated pretty quickly and the waiter checked our voucher. My OH asked what drinks were available and was told that only Fosters or a glass of wine were allowed on the deal. Bad start. We ordered two glasses of wine which I had and OH ordered a seperate Cobra beer.
We were given the menus which were vast - I am always wary of huge menus as this usually means they dont specialise in much - and they were laminated, cheap looking.
I ordered prawn puri, OH a chicken kebab thing as starters and for mains I ordered Chicken Sagwala, OH Chicken Tikka. The prawn dish was tasty and hot but the prawns were chewy. OH's kebab thing was tasteless according to him. Sagwala not the best and meat seemed 'processed' and salty. OH's Tikka was ok but he felt it was processed chicken too. Keema naan had all the keema meat down one end!
Plates seemed to be thrown at us rather than with any care or consideration. Service was not particularly good or attentive. Decor was ok although the lights above us were thick with dust and the area behind the till was falling apart. I saw instant coffee being served to the couple opposite us!
I don't know whether it was because we were on a Living Social Deal but I thought these were designed to bring custom back, we however, won't be.
Not good enough Sekander!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Best Indian restaurant in Liverpool”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

My name is moks. We visited this restaurant in last week and enjoyed the best meal we have eaten in ages . Everything was cooked and presented to perfection with imaginative and delicious combination of flavour the duck just melted in mouth leaving behind a wonder satisfying taste . I will most definitely visit again very soon

• Visited May 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Best Indian in the city, bad reviews seriously???”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Me and my family eat regular here, and have been for many years now. I have to say that no other Indian in the city compares to this, and iv'e eaten at nearly them all! Fantastic prices, and food is delicious, always cooked and presented to a high standard. We have had many family occasions here and have never been disappointed, recommend to anyone.

• Visited April 2013
Chester, United Kingdom
“Delicious Food..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is our favourite Indian Restaurant due to the quality of the food and also the efficiency and friendliness of the staff. Everything is clean and tidy, but best of all is that the plates are hot and the food is placed on a hotplate at your table. Being a slow eater, this helps. The food is plentiful and delicious - the quality and tenderness of the meat is second to none. Beware, they place a bottle of water on your table when you arrive - be warned, if you drink this, you will be charged for it - it is NOT complimentary. Best of all - 'you can take your own alcohol' - we usually just take some cans and lemonade, so I can make a shandy and this really does help with the cost. Small corkage charge for wine, I think - but overall really worth it.

• Visited February 2013