“value for money” 4 of 5 stars

Hanover street, Liverpool L1, England
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Good value for money , great service and good selection of food . Manager very pleasant and staff very pleasant .

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

68% Recommend
“Really disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I appreciate this is a cheap way to eat but the food had very little flavour. The sauces were thin and insipid. We had to queue even though tables were free and they didn't appear to be booked. The staff did not appear to be in a hurry to seat people. Would I go back again? The answer would have to be no!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Ok but wont be going back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have been here quite a few times but on my last 2 visits I have found a hair and a dead fly in my food needless to say this has put me off going back. The food is nice as are the staff and since my last visit it has received a lot of bad publicity regarding cleanliness. It has apparently cleaned up now so I would recommend it as up until my last 2 bad experiences I never had a bad word to say. Great value for money too.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Very very good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

The staff were attentive and friendly for a Chinese restaurant.The buffet servery was kept clean and a good selection of foods were available at a reasonable price.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Widnes UK
“Clean & Tidy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We decided not to visit the Buffet Star again after the bad publicity regarding food hygiene earlier on in the year. Anyway, we thought we'd give it another go as we always enjoyed it there in the past. The place was clean & tidy (hopefully the kitchen was too) there seemed to be a number of new staff who were extremely helpful & friendly. The food was way up to standard with plenty of choice. I'll keep my eyes open for any future reviews and hope they now keep up the excellent standards that should be expected of them.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere