“We loved it! Yeah, yeah, yeah!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hard Days Night Hotel

You added Hard Days Night Hotel to your Saves list
Hard Days Night Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Central Buildings, North John Street, Liverpool L2 6RR, England   |
Special Offer
Winter in The City
Ranked #20 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Berkeley
“We loved it! Yeah, yeah, yeah!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2010

If I needed a hotel to love -- this is the one that I'd be thinking of. It's a proper boutique hotel -- with a superbly done Beatles' theme (it has original prints by Astrid K, for heaven's sake!). The staff are exceptionally friendly, and the taxi tour is outstanding (the driver we had was named Joey, he was born in the Dingle, and he REALLY knows how to show people around the Fab Four sites). And it's 60 sec away from the Cavern. And the restaurant has the coolest Sgt Pepper-themed display you can possibly imagine. When we stayed there we felt happy inside, it's just a feeling that, folks, we couldn't hide, we couldn't hide.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
West Midlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

I booked one of the special packages they offer, The Beatles Tribute Thursday for a christmas present for my Beatles fan boyfriend.
Im not a Beatles fan but thought this would be a great treat & we was not disappointed!!
On arrival the staff was very helpfull we couldnt check into our room till 2pm but we was booked on the Beatles tour at 2.30pm so we put our bags behind reception and went off to do our tour (although the directions given by the staff of how to find the pickup point was not very clear). The tour was brilliant even i found it interesting & it was made better by our guide & driver who were very extertaining.
On arrival back at hotel at around 4.30pm we checked into our room which we found we had been upgraded to a room with a balcony on the top floor free of charge (which you normally have to pay an extra £20.00 for) the room was massive & the view from the balcony was excellent!
On the night we went out for dinner in the whetherspoons pub just round the corner & then went to the Cavern club to watch the Beatles tribute band which were very good only fault was they came on too late & after a very early start & busy day only got to see about an hour of them and we left at midnight.
Next morning we had breakfast in Blakes which is also included, the breakfast was delicious but expensive if not part of the deal i wouldnt of paid for it if wasnt included.
The hotel i thought was great & not being a Beatles fan i thought it was tastefully decorated with black & white pictures of The Beatles along the walls of very staircase.
I do think the hotel is very overpriced people like me would only be able to afford to stay for one night but it is a must for every Beatles fan out there especially the tour!
Only fault i would say is you cant check into your room till 2pm & have to be out for 11am for that sort of money i would have liked to have had a bit longer maybe checkout at midday our stay felt a bit rushed epecially as we didnt check in till 4.30pm cos of the tour & then had to check out at 11am next day but i enjoyed every minute of it.
I would definately stay again & we are thinking of returning later in the year, i will prob be disappointed next time though as i will prob only have a normal room unless i pay for a balcony room this time.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

This was our second stay at the hotel and sadly not as successful as the first visit. On our first visit we were left very impressed with the service, the rooms nd the bathroom. This impression was not repeated on our second visit.

We pushed the boat out a little further and opted for a luxury room. It was absolutely not worth the extra money as we found it worse than the original standard room. The luxury room was a little larger (room 212), but it was incredibly noisy. This was not due to the noise outside - but the fact that the windows were not adequately glazed. Given hotel is effectively selling "sleep" - this issue really needs to be addressed. The bathroom was a very awkward and un-workable size. I would strongly suggest to the hotel that they re-classify this room as a "standard" one to prevent further complaints and disappointment.

Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

We rode the train from London to Liverpool Lime on a rainey afternoon and took a taxi to the hotel. I was concerned that my visiting Liverpool would burst my "Beatle Bubble"- it couldn't be further from the truth. We had booked the "Taxi Tour" package and after a restful night- went down to the desk to let them know our whereabouts. "Blakes" is right through the door from check in and we entered to try to find a bite before our 9:00 am tour- yes you rise early if the Beatles are concerned! Inside Blakes we encountered the young staff- they seemed local and so courteous and willing to please. I asked a young man if we could grab a cup of coffee and some sweet rolls to go....he sets about preparing a bag for us from the buffet. While standing there we realize that perhaps we can sit down to the breakfast buffet. I let the young man know and he hands me the bag that he prepared. saying that perhaps we can enjoy it later. We sit and have at least a half hour to eat a wonderful breakfast and admire the surroundings and staff. The young somewhat inexperienced staff made up for experience with charm and just being themselves- I told the desk this upon checkout. Oh yes- my husband had left a pair of shoes in a compartment in our room and the head of housekeeping- sent them Royal Post- no charge- the box is still in our garage.
Our taxi tour is a dream- the driver named Joey is Liverpudlian and so knowledgeable... even about "conkers"- just ask. We visit all the sites...but one of my fav parts was "Penny Lane Cakes" - the young lady and shop front had been pictured in the "Free As a Bird" video- we were served a cup of tea and lemon tart to go. Joey knew everyone that we encountered on our trip - exchanging conversation along the way- from St. Peters Woolton to Strawberry Field. We felt so at home ....the next morning on our way to Lime St. Station we toured the Casbah meeting Roag's wife....sweet. We had booked the National Trusts tours of Lennon and McCartney's homes - I can still see the interiors- be sure to do this inside tour. You'll love Speke Hall where the tours begin. After Forthlin Road we took bus 86- yes the boy's route- back through Penny Lane Roundabout and into City Center. We were a bit confused about when to exit the bus to North John St and a sweet lady read our faces and offered to direct us. She pointed the way around the corner and we parted. I must say that our best memories of our trip were the MANY people who extended themselves to us and took the time to talk- our favorite people were wait staffs, taxi drivers (London, Edinburgh, Liverpool locals) and fellow local travelers on bus and train....we traveled mostly by train and America has so much to learn about this form of transit.

Of course we made it to the Cavern- but did not have time for Albert Dock and some other spots that were missed- sooooooo- back we go this October to London and Liverpool. We have already booked "Hard Days Night". You see the way I think- is that the positive aspects of the boys that became the Beatles rests so much on the very nature of this special city...and we just want some more contact.
I remember reading a "Travel and Leisure" article last summer about how magical a visit to Liverpool was for the writer...even a ferry across the Mersey...and you have to make that magic happen in your own life.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Canadian in London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2010

We LOVED this hotel. Being huge Beatles fans and always wanting to make the journey to Liverpool, this was the perfect retreat for us.
Okay, so we got the worst painting of Ringo in our room - we were hoping for Paul, but there you go...ha ha. The room was huge for a basic double and everything was very clean and modern - even providing complimentary slippers.
The bed was incredibly comfortable and I admit that I took down the name of the pillow manufacturer so that we can get some for home.
The hotel was very well designed, every little detail was great - from the colour of the decor to the rain shower in the room. I can't stress enough how lovely of a stay it was.

It's also in a great location - we managed to have a great night out at The Cavern and could literally crawl back since it was just around the corner. The hotel's shop next door also provides various tours, so it was really easy to book and plan our day.
The price was quite high, but worth it even if you're not a Beatles fan.

Now, I hate to turn this review into a moan, but we had took a major disliking to the hotel's restaurant (Blake's).
Upon check-in we were asked if we'd like to upgrade to have the breakfast in the morning, which meant obviously paying more. We were happy to upgrade since the weekend was to be a relaxing break from London. The woman checking us in asked if we had any dietary requirements and we let her know that I was a vegetarian. She was lovely and said that she would let the restaurant know and took our names down. We thought we would see how breakfast went and then possibly make a dinner reservation.
However, the next morning we arrived to chaos. The breakfast turned out to be a buffet, with okay food (nothing special). We had to stand around for ages until we were directed to a tiny, cramped table that was dirty. The buffet was never fully stocked, so after about 6 people went up, it was empty, resulting in people just standing around looking lost. Most of the staff seemed to hang around the food hatch socialising and laughing. I went up and asked one girl about vegetarian alternatives and was told that I could have a side of baked beans. It was all just very disjointed, with stressed people everywhere. Nobody ever came over to check on us or offer us sides, which was confusing since it seemed that if you wanted eggs (other than the watery, scrambled mess they had on the buffet), beans or toast, you had to order it separately.

Overall, terrible service, terrible food, terrible seating and layout. It was surprising that a hotel this good had a restaurant this bad. I wouldn't eat there for free let alone pay for it.

Stay at the hotel, but say no to Blakes!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Oldham, Lancashire, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

Stayed there last Friday and had a great time. We stayed in a deluxe room on the 5th floor which had a small balcony too. The rooms were great, very spacious and well appointed. The reception staff were very helpful and the door man was friendly and polite. We didnt eat in the restaurant but did order room service, the room service menu didnt exactly have a big selection but the food we ordered was nice and delivered quite quickly. The breakfast was ok, but as with most hotels very overpriced. I was a bit concerned before we went after reading several reviews about the noise but our room had double glazing and we didnt hear anything once windows were closed. We only stayed one night but we would definately go back. It was in a great location and all in all was a very nice place to stay. It was probably a bit overpriced but we definately thinking about going again to stay for a few nights. The car park was only a few minutes walk away and quite easy to find

london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

I booked this trip for my partner for his birthday treat as he is a big beatles fan. I booked the 'love love me do' special through visitliverpool.com because the hotels site said they had no more avaliability on my dates.
The hotel advises you to park in the Liverpool One car park, which was fine, and easy to find. However, trying to then find the hotel from one of the many exits of the car park was not easy. I think the hotel could put a little more effort in helping people find the hotel when walking around the town centre.
The hotel was impressive on entering, although some guests had their luggage taken for them, however we were just pointed through to reception. My partner took some pictures of the reception and bar area, luckily without being stopped, as there is a notice informing people they cannot take pictures. This seems very unfair when staying somewhere mostly because of the sights inside! Reception staff were friendly enough but did not give us a warm a welcome I would expect from this hotel.
We later went for a drink in the bar area of the reception lounge. We waited a couple of minutes before the bar man came to the bar and chatted to another staff member for 5 minutes before asking if he could help us. When we asked for a drink he told us we needed to sit down or go through to the other bar. A sign indicating this would be helpful! Two waiters/waitress were around the bar but were not pointed in our direction by the barman. Instead we had to wave one of them to us after waiting another 5 minutes. Due to where we sat I was able to watch the bar, and to be perfectly honest I would not have spent money on a expensive cocktail made by that barman. He was constantly looking at pieces of paper, even to pour a glass of red wine! At one point a older gentleman went up to the bar and asked for a coffee, he was told to sit, but the man had to beg for just a quick coffee, and that he didnt want to sit down. The bar man then told the man he would have to order it through the waitress standing next to him. It was like chinese whispers and completely pointless.
The room was really nicely done, with all lights and temperture controls on the headboard. The bathroom was also of a high quality. We couldn't fault the room apart from the windows. Having stayed in high quality hotels before, in much more busier locations, we were very disappointed and unhappy that the hotel had not taken steps to stop so much noise coming through the windows. We had people shouting and screaming until 5am on Sunday morning and then at 8am we had glass bottles being emptied into a bin for about a hour. Not the nice romantic morning we had planned!
We had brekafast in our room as part of the package and it was on time and nice quality. All staff doing the room service were really friendly and helpful.

Overall it was good to have gone there for the experience but not pleasurable enough to return! Only go to this hotel if you are a strong beatles fan!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hard Days Night Hotel? Share your experiences!