“Excellent City Centre Deluxe Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hard Days Night Hotel

You added Hard Days Night Hotel to your Saves list
Hard Days Night Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Central Buildings, North John Street, Liverpool L2 6RR, England   |
Special Offer
Winter in The City
Ranked #21 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Holmfirth
“Excellent City Centre Deluxe Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Superb range of food and drink - service excellent.
Room was extremely comfortable and quiet - dispite overlooking the city centre. Location is second to non, with all city centre locations a few minutes walk away.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Went with my 3 daughters as a birthday treat, as I love the Beatles. The girl on reception when we arrived needs a good shake, to say the least...good hotel but check in was not as smooth as it should have been. This girl hadn't a clue when our rooms would be ready, knew nothing about our booking for the Magical Mystery Tour...we didn't get the rooms requested, we were on separate floors, when we asked our rooms to be as close as possible ! Also there was scaffolding outside our bedroom and we were wakened very early when the workmen started their days shift.....I think they charge far too much for such rotten service...not even a 'enjoy your stay with us' or 'hope you enjoyed your stay'

Room Tip: I spoke to a couple who were staying in the Premier Inn and they were very impressed with their acco...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Ashton in Makerfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Hotel was fine, we chose it for the view from the balcony which was amazing, but the only thing that disappointed me was the air conditioner. No matter what we did, it still was freezing cold and kept blowing cold air instead of 25C!!!!! Food was very good. Not to mention the style of this place. We will be back there if you fix air conditioner!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

I booked the hotels Magical Mystery Tour package as a treat for my mum's birthday. She was VERY excited as she had never been to Liverpool despite being a Beatles fan all her days! I also booked a room for my two sisters.
Unfortunately, the hotel did not live up to our high expectations. Upon arrival we were told that only one room was ready. The girl at the desk seemed to struggle a bit with her English as she explained that she would have to call housekeeping to find out when our second room would be available. She explained we could wait in the room that was ready for her to let us know when the 2nd was ready.
I agreed to pay for both rooms there and then before going upstairs. As I paid I asked her to confirm that both rooms were twin rooms. When we arrived in the first room it was made up as a double.
I also asked her for details of our Mystery Tour Package. She looked confused and replied 'i do not know' and then told us she would find out for us.
When our 2nd room was ready, I went down to reception and collected the keys, then asked again about our mystery tour. Again, she replied that she did not know and would find out for us. Thankfully, a gentleman who was standing behind the desk overheard and booked us into the last 4 slots for the tour - just as well we didnt sit about and wait!
Our hotel room windows were covered by scaffolding. We were not made aware of any likely disturbance at check-in so assumed that any ongoing work would not be anything that would disturb us. Wrong! Each member of our party were awoken at 6.30am on both mornings with the sounds of lorries and workmen arriving at the hotel. Our room window in particular was on the route of a elevator for the workers on the scaffolding, which made the room shake when it was travelling up and down, and resulted in us having to keep our curtains drawn for obvious privacy reasons. Not that our view was any good anyway!
As a result of all the noise, each member of our party has returned home absolutely shattered. The quality of sleep was terrible.
On our first morning when we went for breakfast, we were pointed to a table for us to sit at. We sat down, a bit unsure of what was what. We read a card on the table that read tea and coffee and toast would be served to our table. We decided to go help ourselves to the buffet style breakfast and on return there was still no sign of said tea/coffee/toast. After about 15 minutes a member of our party had to go ask for it to be brought over. It was brought over with no offer of an apology and certainly without any friendly smile...
The next evening as we were preparing to go out, I dropped an earring which landed just under the desk in our room. When I bent down to look for it, I discovered a dusty lip balm that had somehow been missed when cleaning. Don't know how long it could have been there for!
When the tiresome stay was over and it was time to check-out, the same girl was on the reception desk again. I asked to check-out and she took our room keys from me and clicked away at the computer. After a pause she said 'that is it, there is nothing to pay'. I was a bit miffed - she did not ask how our stay was, or wish us a safe journey.. Not even as much as a goodbye!
In the end, I couldnt wait to get home. It's such a shame the service and noise was so bad. The hotel was lovely, great decor, every Beatles fans dream! Bar Four served great cocktails and the hotel was within walking distance to nearby shopping and Albert Docks attractions.
The service let it down completely and at a cost of approx. £700 for our party's stay, I can't help but feeling I should have perhaps booked elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2013
essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed the Sunday of my birthday weekend. It is really central which has good and bad points.
Good. Everywhere is easy to get to.
Bad. Can hear noise from the street. On Monday morning we could hear the lorries loading and unloading.

The hotel itself is fantastic and a must for any Beatle fan.
The rooms are of the highest quality and had both a bath and shower room.
Our room was street facing.
We arrived at the hotel early but were allowed to check in 2 hours early which was nice.

The bar was good but rather pricey.

Room Tip: I would choose a room away from the street next time.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike57d, General Manager at Hard Days Night Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I hope we played our part in you having a terrific 60th birthday.
liverpool
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This was by far and above the worst supposedly 4 star hotel I have ever experienced.We arranged with management for guests to join us for an after function drink. When the guests arrived they were refused entry by what can only be described as. in polite terms over zealous security people with absolutely no social skills.When we demanded to see the manager we were treated with utter contempt it was only when all 8 of us threatened to cancel any sort of compromise was reached.When we reached the bar we were told the only draught beer was becks my partner complained that for a 4 star hotel 1 beer was paltry we were then told they had others but were finishing in10 minutes so it wasnt worth it.I could go on about the residents bar but suffice to say things got no better cant pay with cash can pay with cash no till found a till.I live 4 miles from town I have never been so ashamed of any facility attaching itself to liverpool and the beatles that attract so many tourists.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
merseyside
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed over at this hotel quite a few times... And can never fault it... But if you are looking for a good Bar... Great service and on Saturday evenings a little bit if musical entertainment... Start here... It gets busy... So sometimes standing room only but it's has a really good atmosphere ... Fantastic service... Keeps you wanting more!!

• Stayed June 2013
Mike57d, General Manager at Hard Days Night Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
So gald you enjoy the Bar I know the girls and boys who work in there will be thrilled with your review.

Been to Hard Days Night Hotel? Share your experiences!