“Mexican munchies” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Mexican munchies”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

A great place for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner.
We eat here regularly and have never had a bad meal yet, the service is excellent and the food is excellent value, quality & quantity

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I used to be a regular at The Tavern until about 4 years ago when I felt the food and service really went down hill, however I recently went again for the first time in a long time and had a really enjoyable experience. With it being a Friday night there was a 20 minute wait on the table so we just had a drink in the bar area which was very pleasant. Once we were seated our drinks order were taken promptly and the waiter came back after about 5 minutes to take our food order. The food didn't take too long to arrive considering it was very busy and the food seemed to be back to its best- full of flavour and really tasty. Staff were pleasant and although our waiter seemed to be run off his feet he didn't forget about our table. I definitely will not be waiting 4 years before I come back again!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wigan, United Kingdom
“Brunch At The Tavern, Really Worth a Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We have had Brunch at the Tavern on numerous occasions and it has never failed to impress. And by that I do mean every aspect of the visit: the food, the quality, the service, the value and the consistency. While I do find the background music a little too loud sometimes (possibly reflecting my age!!), I had it reduced on request on my most recent visit. It is worth noting that my son, a frequent visitor, commented that he hardly notices the music loudness level! There is always a considerable cross-section of ages present so clearly this is no major issue. For those of you wondering about making the trip I would heartily encourage you to do so. It surely has a special ambience, not mention the choice and quality of the food.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Amazing Venue, Amazing Food, but...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Lovely setting, food was superb - nachos to share; steak; gourmet burger. Drinks pricey (as you'd expect) the only downside was a couple of the staff (food runner and female waitress) seemed cold and un-interested the manager was cheery and popped over to deliver drinks.... We'll be back soon and would recommend anyone give this a go!

Visited June 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Nice place good food (few minors)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Firstly I'd like to praise the floor manager in his attentive attitude and the welcome we recieved. We was placed on a lovely table in the window but a little noisy at time (as the quieter back part was closed, although we asked for a quiet area of the restaurant on booking we still enjoy our evening), the floor Manager asked if we wud like to move to another table that had become free but I didn't want to make a fuss. Food quality, portions and value of good standard. I had the potatoe skins for starter and lacked flavor and the Cajun Chicken little spicey. I would go back tho :)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere