“The lady manager I found to be very rude” 1 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Swindon, United Kingdom
“The lady manager I found to be very rude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I've been to this restaurant a few times and the food is lovely.
I rang today to see if they had a table free and the manager said they were full, but I had kids screaming down my ear, so I asked her to repeat her self and the lady on the phone rudely shouted, "sorry...we're full!" And hung up.
Needless to say I will not be visiting the restaurant again if this is the type of person I would have to speak to.
I called back to speak to the manager and she was the manager.
She actually owns the restaurant with her husband so there is no one to even report her disgusting attitude to.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
“RIP OFF!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We visit Jalons quite often, the food & value is usually good, but we went last week for a Birthday meal & we were shocked to see that the set menu price had gone up, also we had to pay extra for the Lamb this usually comes with veg but this time we had to pay extra for that!! RIP OFF!! We then orderd the Christmas Pudding BIG MISTAKE, it was that small i had to put my glasses on to see it. it was that small, three spoonfulls & it was gone! That cost £5 each! The meal just was not worth what we paid.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Blackpool
“Wouldn't go again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

A group of 28 of us went on a Saturday night. There is a set meal of £20.00. You pay a supplement for steak, a supplement for lamb a supplement for this and a supplement for that. The price does not include chips which were £3.00 extra and a plate of mixed veg was £1.50sh. Most people in the group said the food was OK but not worth the eventual bill which was a nightmare to sort out. If you don't order chips you just get a steak and nothing else which I thought was a bit strange. The £20.00 set price is a bit misleading in my opinion.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Good food, limited menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Ate here one Friday evening. We were shown to a tiny table right next to where the waiters prepare the bills etc in the glare of some fluorescent lighting. On looking at the menu, you don't seem to have a choice as to what courses you can have- you are having the starter and a main at a set price. Except that all dishes apart from about 3 have an additional add-on price if you choose them- why not just price everything individually instead of pretending it's 'x amount for 2 courses'!?
The starters were lovely- I had pate which had a cumberland sauce and it was exceptional. The main courses were a little limited for choice- pretty much EVERYTHING came with risotto, a couple of dishes had some sort of mash. Would prefer some to have potatoes or veg or chips etc etc. However the dishes did taste wonderful.
During the main course the live music arrived. Evidently other customers had planned for this as there was a mass exodus then, we however had to endure the rest of our meal with a really loud Sinatra impersonator which definitely ruined the atmosphere.
Didn't stay for pudding as they were too overpriced and the music was just too loud.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Jalons well worth paying a visit!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We go to jalons regularly couldn't fault service or food even better the live music.. very friendly staff and always make a fuss of my son which he loves.
set menu always changes so never get bored with the menu.
We have booke to go for Christmas day once again and look forward to it.

• Visited October 2012