I booked a one night stay at this hotel whilst visiting relatives in the
city as an economy choice. It is sited approximately 6 miles from the city
centre off the main road and in the middle of an industrial estate. On
arrival at the hotel to check in at approximately 9 p.m. I went to reception
where I was made to wait without acknowledgement whilst the Receptionist/
Bar Maid was busy serving a large group at the bar which adjoins the
reception desk. No effort was made to summon another staff member, if there
was one, and after eventually being able to check in went to my room.
The room was of reasonable standard with ambient lighting, bed lights and a
table lamp at the desk by the T.V. To enable you to read or work as you wish
The first problem was that this did not work and when I made the fault
known to reception I was told that there would be someone coming on duty at
11 p.m. That would be able to fix it! As I was going out for the evening
this was O.K. And it was done by the time I returned.
As part of a supposedly International Hotel group I could see no facilities
for International travellers in the form of instructions for use of any of
the facilities which I find very surprising in a "City of Culture".
After a good nights sleep I got up to shower and dress and went to make
myself a cup of tea from the provided kettle and condiment set in the room
only to find there was none in the room only 3 sachets of coffee 4 teaspoon
sized cartons of milk, sugar but no sweeteners which I normally use. As you
are in the process of "getting ready" you certainly don't want to be waiting
whilst you phone to reception and have to wait for them to be brought up to
you at that time of the day.
I went down for my breakfast to find that it consisted of a choice of Baked
Beans, sausages ,what appeared to be reconstituted powdered scrambled egg -
(overcooked). When I requested bacon I was informed "We don't do bacon" and
neither were there tomatoes,mushrooms or anything else to accompany this.
The sausages would have good contenders for a World War 2 recipe book as I
think there was very little meat content in them. Then to the toaster - Thin
sliced bread put through once brought out two very lightly singed slices -
put through for a second run to brown it up a bit brought them out nearer to
black!! Then to the butter to put on the toast stored in plastic pots in a
dish next to the hot breakfast cabinet. So well liquefied when opened. Then
the marmalade which was obviously bought with greatest economy in mind -
tasteless runny gloop! All of this was able to be enjoyed? In the ambience
of the barn of a room serving as reception - bar and dining room with a
lovely outside view to the car park of the Garden Centre next door.
In fairness to the staff they seemed to be friendly enough but just doing
their job with the facilities provided and they have to work with.
All in all I think I would have been better served by choosing a 2 Star
family run guest house which cares for it's guests better and charges less
so giving greater value for money.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-John Lennon Airport Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-John Lennon Airport Hotel Liverpool
- Holiday Inn Express Liverpool
- Holiday Inn Liverpool
- Liverpool Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Express by Holiday Inn Liverpool John Lennon Airport is ideally located for both Liverpool Airport and as a base for exploring the fabulous City of Liverpool, which is celebrating as European Captial of Culture 2008. Whether your stay is for business or pleasure, our modern hotel offers both comfort and value for money so you can relax, recharge and face the day with a smile. We offer complimentary secure parking at the hotel for any guests staying overnight or attending a conference in one of our 3 purpose built meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-John Lennon Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.