I stayed at 62 Castle Street with my partner for his birthday. It's an excellent location for the main shopping areas and bars. Check in was slick and first impressions was good. Upon entering our room - we were blown away. Both of us agreed that it was the best room we had ever stayed in (and we've stayed in some lovely places). So much so that we didn't really want to leave.
The bathroom was amazing. It would have been perfect if it had a bath but everything else was wonderful. Full length windows opened up to a bustling square outside and streams of sun burst in the room. I loved the mezzanine area for the huge bed. The panels in the hallways and bouncy carpet just reaffirmed you were in a boutique hotel.
We had only booked for one night (we wish we could have stayed longer) so to make full advantage of the room, we decided to have breakfast in our room. One full English and one veggie breakfast. We called room service to order it. After 30mins of waiting I called again. Eventually it arrived but both were full English and no tea had been provided. At this point we had waited so long that it was getting very close to check out. I called to explain that they had not provided a veggie breakfast. The waitress tried to persuade me that it was a veggie breakfast!!! I was furious. When another waitress arrived with the tea, I told her that my other half had to have breakfast alone and I had nothing to eat. She was apologetic and took away the uneaten breakfast.
When we checked out, they tried to charge us for both breakfasts. After some debate, the receptionist took both off the bill.
Apart from the breakfast incident, the stay was lovely and we would probably stay again but this time, go out for breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beautiful boutique hotel, 62 Castle St. boasts one of the most enviable locations in Liverpool City Centre. Perfectly located to take in the sights, sounds and of course, shopping, the city has to offer.Whether your visit is business, leisure or pleasure, the exquisite ‘Old Bank’ building, with it’s intricate façade and grand interior, 62 Castle St., is first choice when it comes to luxury.The hotel encompasses 20 boutique suites, including the Grand Suite, for the most indulgent; our adjoining decadent gourmet restaurant and cocktail bar is the ideal place to dine, drink and we’ll ensure you dream with our plush SuperKing beds. With the most popular places of interest within walking distance, for those seeking culture and history, the Albert Docks, The Liverpool museum and of course the infamous Cavern Club are literally on your doorstep. With Liverpool One beckoning you into its vast selection of high street stores, 62 Castle St. is the number one choice when it comes to a boutique hotel in a prime central location. No stone is left unturned when it comes to each individual suite in 62 Castle Street. Equipped with the latest in: climate controls, luxury linens &toiletries, flatscreen TV, direct dial phones, high-speed Internet access, wake up services, separate lounge/sleeping areas, onsite parking, business services with meeting rooms, concierge desk, and 24-hour reception- there is little you are left wanting with – so treat yourself, try the room service and relax in ultimate indulgence at 62 Castle St. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your 62 Castle Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 62 Castle Street Hotel Liverpool
- 62 Castle St Liverpool
- 62 Castle St Hotel Liverpool