“Good Choice on a busy night out.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: Gecko mediterranean queens square
Mid Wales
“Good Choice on a busy night out.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We visited on a busy Saturday night without a reservation, the attentive staff sat us down on some comfortable sofa with menus and a bottle of wine whilst they prpared a table for us.
The food was good particularily the starter, I had a pasta dish for my main and I think it may have been sitting on the pass a little too long as the pasta was sticking together - but I'm knit-picking the standard overall was fine.
The atmosphere was lively but the service was good and attentive without being overbearing.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Lovely food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

First review on trip advisor. Just wanted to come here to urge you to try this restaurant. It's not located to the centre of town but maybe that's a good thing? Warm welcome from staff, really lovely food, spoilt for choice really. I had halloumi and vegetables to start, lovely chunks of halloumi, enough to share. Lamb Kofta for main with tasty tasty home fries and a chcolate calzone to finish, naughty and very nice. Best Sangria in Liverpool too and all for a great price, we had two 3 course meals, one wine, one beer and a litre of sangria for less than £70.
We'll be back :)

• Visited February 2013
“Fab birthday night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

attended on the 19/2/13

with three friends for my birthday warm welcome nice decor helpful staff. We all had different starters fish, prawns, pork belly and bruchettea all really enjoyed and served in good time.

Drinks flowed and although its not normally done we requested a pitcher of long island ice tea and the waiter and waitress accommodated us.

Mains were Fab but the pasta porting was massive and i only managed half witch was a shame because i wad Fab. i got a birthday cheesekcake on the house too.

surprised it was so quiet as i would recccomend to all.

Had a Fab birthday thank you Geko

Liverpool
“Should be busier!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely loved it, can not fault a single thing. Had mackerel to start and even the other guests remarked how good it looked. They all lives their starters but we're still jealous. Every ingredient worked well, as a chef it's good to see ingredients combined like this; simple yet elegant. For main I had a fillet steak with seasonal beans and a beautiful red wine and shallot gravy, possibly the most perfectly cooked medium rare steak I've ever eaten. Part of me wanted another one instead of dessert. Had the pistachio ice cream to follow creamy and delicious, say no more. Drinks were also superb, Mahou is a quality Spanish pint and the ling island iced tea was a refreshing end to the evening. Floor staff were brilliant, were attentive and friendly and went beyond what you'd expect. A fuss was made of one guest whose birthday it was and she was given a complementary mascarpone cheesecake with berry compote which she loved, little touches like that make regulars, well definitely be back, rest assured. Hope to see Gecko packed out next time they deserve it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Good Veggie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I visited this restaurant after reading all the good reviews on here and in local papers and I have to say it met my expectations nearly!

Firstly on entering we were sat right by the door in a draft with little space when there was other tables avaliable, however after asking to move they did very quickly and with little trouble. Plenty of chioce on the menu and was spoilt for choice. I finally decided on the Bruschetta for starters and Portobella Burger for mains with partner choicing Fishcakes and Spicy Spanish Sausage pasta. Both starters we agreed were missing something - my bruschetta was bland and tomatoes had very little taste. However the mains were fantasic burger lovely bread so good. Pasta also very good. One outstanding thing is the staff who were friendly & attentive. You can tell it caters for the theatre as we were in and out within the hour which was not a problem as we were going to a concert but had we not been it may have felt a bit rushed. Overall we will be back.

• Visited February 2013