“hidden gem” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #95 of 1,157 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Barbecue, Hamburgers, Hot Dogs
Good for: Bar scene, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The attic is situated above the famous Parr street studios, we have a great selection of world beers, signature cocktails and we do a BBQ every weekend on our outdoor drinks terrace!!
liverpool
“hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I have been to the attic during the day a few times in the last few months, and love it in there...a little piece of quiet liverpool different from other pubs...coffee is lovely, burgers are delicious. friendly staff. highly recommended.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Great burgers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Visited recently to sample the burgers after seeing a review on Seven Streets. We weren't disappointed! I had a beef burger with peppercorn sauce and onion rings, hubby beef with pulled pork and jalapenos. All came with coleslaw and curly fries and was all v tasty. Reasonably priced at £6 a burger then 50p a topping. Will definitely return to sample more burgers and the cocktails which looked and sounded nice!

Visited November 2012
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Me and my Brother came here over the weekend on the recommendation of a website which gave the place glowing praise. First off, I was impressed with the location of the place, whilst it was not in the centre of Liverpool, it was away from all the crowds and had an almost exclusive feel to it. Me and my Brother were greeted with the sounds of AC/DC when we walked in an TV screens showing Sky Sports news, it was brilliant already. The atmosphere was relaxed and welcoming too.
Anyway, onto the food, we each went for one of fantastic beef burgers with three toppings each (from a choice of 18 I believe). My Brother had Caramalised Onion, Jalapeanos and Cheese whilst i had Cheese, Pulled Pork and Hummus. It was hands down the best burger we have had in a very long time. It was so good we even ordered Nachos afterwards. The only gripe I have is that I was expecting there to be more chips and more than a tbsp of coleslaw served with the burger.
I will definetly be going back for more in the future.

UK
“Food from up above”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Lovely 60s style, relaxed, jazz club interior with red leather booths, twinkly tea lights, ace films and great music. I was staggered by the quality of the food when it came (quickly). Mid-mouthful I felt compelled to write on facebook '60 Hope St quality with The Egg prices'. There is a wide range to choose from but the menu isn't overwhelming. Attic specialise in burgers and everyone elses looked delicious but I went for the butternut squash, hummus, salad pitta with curly fries for £5 (?). Sounds boring but it was utterly delicious. There's a deal on to get 2 x main meals with a large 750ml share bottle of belgian beer for £18. Other main meals go up to around £8 so this is a major bargain. To accompany the food there is a wide range of beers and wine and the staff are dead knowledgable about what goes with what. They are also really friendly and helpful when I was really indecisive. Go, eat and enjoy. The Attic is ace.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Great place for chillin'.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

A bit off the beaten track but close to the usual hangouts near Slater Street and Concert Square is The Attic Bar.

A bit unusual set above a recording studio it's a cosy, dimly lit bar with nicely cushioned booths and a cool atmosphere.

The very friendly and helpful staff serve a wide selection of bottled beers from around the World and a large cocktail list plus a couple of beers/ciders on draught so there should something for everyone.

On the eating side, this is very much a bar that serves food rather than a restaurant but the limited fare on offer is really good, just what the doctor ordered if you're out for a few drinks.

The burgers are brilliant with their construct your own topping format. I had a relatively simply bacon and cheese however one of our party had goats cheese, bacon, caramelised onion, jalapeños and sour cream! The pulled pork is also well worth a try, it's delicious.

So a great place to chill with your mates for a few bevvies and a really good bite to eat.

Our party ranged from aged 19 - 59 and everyone thought it was a cool place and we all loved our food.

We'll definitely be going back, maybe not all together (a bit of a one off) but we all agreed we'd come back with our respective peer groups from old fogies to students.

Well worth a visit and really to too expensive at all.