“Modern stylish hotel but not for Arena” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool

You added Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   107 Old Hall St, Liverpool L3 9BD, England (Central Liverpool)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #43 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Leeds
“Modern stylish hotel but not for Arena”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

If you are in Liverpool for an event at the Arena this may not be a good choice as its a 20-25 minute, albeit flat, walk - this might be OK once but more than that & it gets tiring.

This 9 storey hotel built in a triangle has an open reception area - open to the 9th floor Don't get a room on the 9th if you can't stand heights as the landings are open.

The rooms are big enough and as you'd expect include TV, kettle, iron & board, trouser press and the one major surprise - free WiFi internet.

The staff were also a nice surprise - very friendly & helpful & looked like they enjoyed working there.

Breakfast was typical of any hotel but you had to ask for fried eggs & sometimes they were a touch slow in doing them.
I only had one evening meal in the hotel (via room service) and that was a dissappointing risotto.

Overall this was a nice hotel and you can get rooms that compare in price with budget hotels.

If you want to keep fit there's a health club & pool.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
LBAZH, Guest Relations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Leeds John G,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel, we always welcome feedback from our guests and like to hear when they have enjoyed their stay with us. We are located close to the city centre, 10 minutes from Liverpool One, however we are approximately 20 minutes walking distance from the Echo Arena as it is further down near the Albert Dock. Our Front Office staff are more than happy to call taxis for our guests that will drop them directly outside at only a small cost.

All our standard rooms are of a good size and provide all the amenities you mentioned, including the free Wi-Fi service that can be accessed by all our guests. I really appreciate your comments about our staff they are always lovely to hear and I will make sure they are made aware of them. I wish to apologise that your experience with breakfast and especially room service did not live up to your expectations and do hope this does not discourage you returning to us in the future.

Ruth Sherlock.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Chose this hotel for a one night stay in order to take the Fab Four black cab tour in the morning. We found the hotel staff to be friendly & helpful & our room quite large,clean & comfortable.Because we arrived late in the evening we ate dinner at the hotel & found the food enjoyable & reasonably priced. If you come by car parking could be an issue. I had to park our car in an uncovered parking area some two hundred meters from the hotel. From memory the parking fee was reasonable for an overnight stay nevertheless I was just a tad concerned regarding the security of the vehicle.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear NePat1972,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, we are always happy you give all of our guests information prior to arrival. In regards to car parking for example as I understand you wanting to park somewhere secure overnight. We do offer car parking at the hotel, it is a valet service for £20 per night however as we only have approximately 20 spaces for a hotel with 194 rooms we do advise booking in advance. The NCP is usually recommended and is located opposite the hotel; it is covered by CCTV and we have never had any guests have an issue with parking there, in fact quite a few members of staff park there. I am glad that you enjoyed you stay with us and hope you had a great time on your Beatles tour! We hope to welcome you back soon.

Ruth Sherlock.
Hull, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Couldn't fault our stay here, very comfy beds! The breakfast was great, don't understand how people can complain about it, especially as they serve up til midday :) decent location near the docks and a short walk from the shops.

• Stayed May 2014
LBAZH, Guest Services at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Steven M,
Thank you so much for your 5 star review of our hotel, we always love hearing feedback from our guests especially when they have really enjoyed their stay with us. The beds in the rooms are all huge and I am really glad you had a good night’s sleep! The breakfast provided on the weekend does run until midday, giving plenty of time to come and enjoy all the hot and cold options we have available. We are ideally located for shopping, just a few minutes’ walk from L1 and the docks.

I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Lille, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights on business. Staff very friendly. I arrived 1 hour too early for check-in so went to work in the lounge area - 20 minutes later the receptionist came to find me as my room was ready. The room was spacious, comfortable and even had a small fridge to keep my bottle of wine cool! I ate from the room service menu and the lamb shank was delicious. Breakfast was good - the usual selection of hot and cold food, nothing special. This hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the city centre so it's not in the heart of Liverpool. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the river.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Michelle B,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, whether on business or leisure trips, we always like to hear feedback from our guests on their experience. I am glad you found the hotel welcoming and the staff friendly, all the rooms are spacious and there is 24 hour room service to enjoy a wide range of food from our bar and restaurant menu. Breakfast does offer a huge choice, which I am glad you had the chance to taste. We are located a little out of the city centre, however just a 10 minute walk from the central shops, restaurants and attractions. I do hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

After recently experiencing disappointing coach trip hotels, the Radisson Blue truly stepped up to the mark. A very quick and efficient check in, spacious lifts to take you to one of the nine floors very swiftly. A beautiful clean, spacious well equipped room with a beautiful en-suite bathroom complete with all the complimentary lotions etc and fluffy towels with beautiful bath and power shower. A useful telephone was also in the bathroom too as well as two others in the bedroom. Although this was very much a business hotel, its lovely Filini Restaurant with its lovely cheerful décor including such beautiful chandeliers and its lovely choices of food both at dinner and breakfast were always lovely presented and the welcoming efficient staff who cleared tables very quickly, nothing was too much trouble. There was the White Bar available for drinks and light meals. It was always busy with any time of the day arrivals who probably come for conferences etc as there was a Business Festival on at the time. A very pleasant stay and it was very enjoyable. We had no complaints about this.

Room Tip: Think all the rooms were OK in our experience.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Elizabeth 1,
Thank you so much for your amazing 5 star review this is one of the loveliest reviews I have read from a guest and it is a pleasure to read and know you have enjoyed your stay with us here at Radisson Blu Liverpool, your comments mean a lot to the staff working here and I will happily make sure they hear them all. We do regularly welcome coach trips to our hotel and we try to give just as much a personal service as if it were an individual guest, to make you feel welcome and really enjoy your stay. All of our standard rooms are a good size with plenty of extras such as ThisWorks. Toiletries placed in the bathroom, which I glad you had the chance to enjoy! Our Filini restaurant is open for lunch and evening meals daily with a newly renewed Italian inspired menu to choose from and enjoy with a great view over the Mersey River. I do hope we can welcome you back in the near future and you can enjoy another pleasant and relaxing stay with us.

Blackburn, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Stayed for 3 nights, friendly staff, room was ready at 11am which was immaculate and comfy. My pet hate Buffett breakfast lived up to the usual poor standards for large hotels. A great selection of foods but the full English was at best lukewarm with a mush of scrambled eggs and dried out bacon etc. Apart from the breakfastI would definitely recommend the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
LBAZH, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Hi Nigel W,

Thank you very much for taking the time and provide us with your 4 star review.

I really appreciate your comments about the breakfast and I will make sure these are shared with the team in the kitchen so we can review our quality control on the hot items on the buffet.

I am happy to read that generally you are happy with the hotel and I am very grateful for recommending us further.

Best Regards,
Hans
Bacup, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I contacted the hotel to see if they allow dogs in the hotel and amazingly they do accept small dogs I have stayed in several of the city centre hotels and in my opinion this is the most friendliest.the room 410 is lovely and overlooks the docks. What a nice chap the receptionist is I would definitely come back

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Sandra S,
Thank you so much for your lovely review, we love hearing back from our guests especially when they have really enjoyed their stay! We do accept small dogs and are very pet friendly here at Radisson Blu, Liverpool, I think most of the Front Office team would love to babysit the dogs that stay here! I am glad that you also had the chance to stay in one of our river view rooms and that the staff on reception were friendly and helpful, I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Ruth Sherlock

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool? Share your experiences!