“Nice but awful New Year's Eve ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool

You added Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   107 Old Hall St, Liverpool L3 9BD, England (Central Liverpool)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #44 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
London, United Kingdom
“Nice but awful New Year's Eve ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

If I have to criticize the room for someone to stay in I would say that it is just great, spacious and really clean and at a nice location. But as we went there for the New Year's party I must say that it was far below expectations. Decent menu but overpriced and really boring events afterwards that we had to wonder in the city for something more exciting!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
LBAZH, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear EM_nosotros,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, we appreciate any comments from our guests as we want every one of them to enjoy their stay with us. All of our rooms are spacious and the hotel is in an ideal location for business or pleasure in Liverpool city centre. I am sorry to hear the Restaurant and New Year’s Eve celebrations in the hotel fell below your expectations as we want any of our special events such as this to be one of the highlights of our calendar. We would aim for all our guests to enjoy dining and dancing before maybe venturing into town for some later entertainment so I will ensure that your comments are followed up. I do hope this does not discourage you from staying with us again in the future.

Chris Wormald
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Hi we've just returned from a hen weekend in liverpool. I would like to say we were really impressed with the hotel, the customer service, cleanliness, breakfast and location.

Christopher the manager deserves a special mention since he went to extreme lengths to help us with setting up our function for the hen party when the technology I had brought with me, failed to work! He was amazing- nothing was too much trouble! He clearly works long hours but is always really cheerful and helpful.

Thanks again chris and all the team, we will be back!

• Stayed June 2014
LBAZH, Customer Relations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear MorriskBristol,

Thank you so much for your amazing 5 star review! Comments about our staff are always greatly appreciated as their behaviour and attitude can impact on our guests’ experiences remarkably. I will ensure Chris is aware of your lovely comments, he is consistent and unyielding in always giving outstanding customer service to all of our guests and inspiring his staff to do the same. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that everything including the room and facilities to the staff and service exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your return.

Ruth Sherlock and all the staff at Radisson Blu, Liverpool
Ruthin, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

9 of us stayed over the weekend for a hen party. We stayed in a business class room on the 9th floor which was fab! So clean and modern! Lovely breakfast on the sunday morning and found all staff to be very friendly!
However, rooms are FAR too hot! Spoke to reception to make sure we were using the air con properly-which we were but the air con doesnt cool the room down at all!! This really needs addressing as it was hot to the point of making me feel quite faint!
Also during the afternoon we went for cocktails to the white bar and waited up to an hour for drinks with the barmaid rushing round serving food as well as working behind the bar!! We had planned to stay at the white bar and have lunch and drinks all afternoon but in the end we abandoned the idea of waiting another hour and headed into city centre instead!
Overall though, we enjoyed our stay and would reccomend to others!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear helsrobs1984,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review, it is always lovely to receive feedback from our guests particularly when they have enjoyed their stay with us. Our business class rooms are spaciously designed with extra features such as Nespresso coffee machine and robes just to make your stay extra special, especially when celebrating an occasion such as you were! I must apologise for the room temperature and that the air conditioning did not seem up to scratch, I will ensure this is checked with our on-site maintenance team so that other guests do not experience the same issue. I will also enquire as to the White Bar, which can get busy during the weekends and evenings however we do not want any guests to be kept waiting for an hour for their drinks to be served. I hope this did not slow down your celebrations for the evening! I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay and would recommend us to others this is one of the most meaningful comments our guests can make. I do hope we can welcome you back in the future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

This hotel is in the new business district of Liverpool. If you look at the hotel on a map it seems like a far walk from the city but actually its not. This is one of the better Radissons I have stayed in,
and it doesnt disappoint. Its easy to walk into the city and theres a mini mart just down the road.
Easy to walk to the Liver building .......the lobby has an interesting sculpture in tribute to the former industries of the old docks there. I was given a business class room with views over the Mersey river. Loved the Nespresso machine! Breakfast in the morning had a good variety of food, but if you like eggs I recommend you order them fresh as the scrambled eggs werent very tasty.

Room Tip: Overlooing the Mersey river.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear ddodgydaveraves,

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely 5 star review of our hotel, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and had the chance to experience one of our Business Class rooms and the Nespresso machine that comes with it! There is a great river view over the Mersey in all of these rooms and they include breakfast which has a huge choice of items ranging from hot and cold options. We are ideally located just a 10 minute walk from the main city centre and attractions such as Liverpool One and Liver Buildings. There are handy amenities such as local supermarkets and cash points located on the same road and all our staff are more than happy to direct our guests to these and offer maps to aid them. I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Christopher Wormald
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I had a good sized room. The breakfast was big, English breakfasts are always big thankfully. The bar had good staff, good food and good drink, very relaxing. There is a vertigo issue issue in this hotel when you come out of your bedroom but a little piece of advice, don't look over the edge! I needed help getting an airline ticket printed out as I didn't have my own printer and the staff at reception had it ready for me when I checked out. I couldn't ask for much more.

Room Tip: If you suffer from vertigo stay close to the ground floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear EM_nosotros,

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I had a 2 night stay here for a business trip. Stayed on the 8th floor with an excellent view and the extra features of a Business class room (espresso machine especially is a good touch)

Rooms are of a good standard but some of the communal features are a bit tired especially the furniture in the white bar and the whole of the Ark pool and Spa

The restaurant (Filini) was decent although they did have possibly the worst bacon I've ever had on my 2nd morning.

As a hotel in general it is decent but a little below the normal standard expected from a Radisson

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
LBAZH, Customer Care Specialist at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear sddwhy,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I am glad you had the chance to enjoy one of our business class rooms which includes the river view over the River Mersey and great extras such as the nespresso coffee machine and bathrobe in the room. I apologise that the White Bar and Ark Health and Fitness Centre did not live up to your expectations, there are some aspects of furniture that are in the process of being repaired or replaced in the hotel and the Ark itself has had a lot of work done recently and continuously to improve the facilities for all our guests and members. As for breakfast I will ensure our Head Chef is made aware of your comments so they can investigate further. I do hope you can stay with us again in the future, and we can show you how great Radisson Blu Liverpool can be.

Customer Care Specialist
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We had a fab stay here at my Godsons wedding. Everyone was welcoming and throughout the hotel, especially our room was spotlessly clean. Everything we needed was in the bathroom and an ice machine on the floor. We loved it and will definitely be going back when we get the chance.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

LBAZH, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Paul A,

Thank you so much for your lovely 5 star review, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay here with us at Radisson Blu Liverpool, we do our best to ensure all of our guests are satisfied with their stay especially for special occasions such as weddings. I do hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Kind regards
Christopher Wormald
Front Office Manager

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool? Share your experiences!