“Great service as always!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool

You added Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   107 Old Hall St, Liverpool L3 9BD, England (Central Liverpool)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #44 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Liverpool, UK
“Great service as always!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

After falling in love with this impressive hotel over two years ago we booked the hotel for our wedding last year and were given exceptional customer service from the original meeting right through until the end of our stay the say after the wedding. The staff are impeccable and extremely professional which made our special day run so smoothly and perfectly. The care from the events team (Kerrie in particular) was personal and thoughtful even in the months after our wedding. All of our guests commented on how wonderful the day was and how kind, polite and approachable the staff on the day were. Going above and beyond to make our day perfect!

As we approached our first anniversary and couldn't book a one night stay to celebrate (there was a two night stay limit on that weekend), Kerrie and the reservations team made special exceptions to get us booked in for our anniversary night. We were also given a complimentary three course meal in Filini including a bottle of delicious red wine and a pint of lager for my hubby courtesy of the hotel which was excellent (as the food always is). Again, the staff were so lovely, all remembering us from our wedding day and being very friendly and helpful.

Sadly, the weather was appalling so we decided to stay in the White Bar for cocktails rather than going out, but we couldn't have made a better decision. Despite being quite busy, we sat in the quieter cottage part of the bar and received wonderful service from Tom and Stuart on the bar. Stuart making the most amazing French Martini's! Highly recommended!

The hotel room was spotlessly clean, incredibly comfortable and with complimentary fresh fruit when we arrived, changed for fruit and brownies upon our return in the evening, it just added that extra special touch!

The breakfast was amazing and being available from 7am-12pm is incredible! Still fresh and plentiful at 11am when we arrived, and even though it was busy, we still received excellent service from the staff.

I cannot compliment the staff enough, they are a credit to the hotel and I would highly recommend a stay here. The breathtaking foyer as well as the view of the Mersey is just an added plus, making every part of our stay here a wonderful experience.

Thank you for making our wedding day and our first anniversary so wonderful! We cannot wait to stay here again!

Room Tip: Although all rooms are amazing, ask for a river view room to get the most out of your stay!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

The Radisson is a short walk from the Old Hall Street exit of Moorfields station and is well located for Liverpool city centre and pubs/restaurants. Inside, it's an impressive high-rise with a large atrium and my room had a good view over the Mersey estuary. Service was helpful, although it seemed to take an age to get checked in - I wonder if this was because I had mentioned about the air conditioning? Having read previous reviews on here I was worried - it was a hot, muggy day - so I asked about it, to be told that they had been having some "maintenance" issues - sounds ominous. Anyway, the room was cool when I got there and remained ok during my stay, although I didn't think the aircon was anywhere near as efficient as the aircon in the Radisson in Amsterdam where I recently stayed. It was just about acceptable, nonetheless. It is probably worth making a point of asking, as I did, if this is something which is important to you.

Food was good (I had both breakfast and an evening meal) and I thought the bed and bathroom were both up to the usual high standard. So really, no major concerns, and I would recommend it. Minus points were the tiny TV screen and the stained carpet. The only other oddity was the atrium-style layout inside - to a British person, this immediately reminds you of a prison! It did give the place an airy and bright feel inside, though.

Room Tip: Views over the Mersey on one side of the hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
LBAZH, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time and share your experience about the Radisson Blu Liverpool.

I am sorry that check in took a little longer than anticipated but I am glad to read that you were happy with the room we have allocated for you. I was also very pleased with your comments about the breakfast and your dinner in our Filini Restaurant.

I hope your overall positive experience and the airy and bright feel of our Atrium lobby are both reasons to decide to stay with us again when travelling to Liverpool.

aberdeen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

spent a few days in liverpool with friends and stayed at the radisson. well positioned hotel and if your lucky enough to get a room at the front , great views of the waterfront. bedrooms are large, beds are large and very comfy and showers are good. very friendly and efficient staff. didnt actually eat in the hotel, so cannot comment on any meals. prices in the bar i would consider slighty high, but probably par for course for this type of hotel. we will return.

Room Tip: room at front gives you great views of waterfront
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
LBAZH, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Normanjones,

Thank you very much for taking the time and write your 5 star response regarding your stay at the Radisson Blu Liverpool.

I am very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and your comments about the location of the hotel, the size + quality of our bedrooms but especially the friendly and efficient staff are very much appreciated.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon to Liverpool.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The first time I went to Radisson BLU hotel in Liverpool ( old hall street ) i was amazed by the entrance and the location of the hotel its lovely clean and quit, very good reception and very helpful.
I was looking for a hotel for my wedding and Radisson Blu was exactly the one I'm looking for they absolutely made my day the best day ever that a bride can have.
i wanted to share my experience to help other brides who are looking for a place to do their wedding or any one who are looking for a hotel to stay for couple of days

1- HALL : is absolutely lovely it fits more than 100 guests very clean very elegant and perfect for high class weddings
2- STAFF : are really helpful and very enthusiastic for your wedding as you are one of their family
3- EVENT TEAM : they really help you to choose decorations flowers etc. they make your dreams come true so all what you think of they will make it happen
4- Food : the food was the bet food i have ever had in my life even my gusts were amazed by the quality and taste of the food.. i had at the hotel the wedding meal and breakfast because i stayed there for 2 nights
5- Room : I was upgraded to high standard room in the 9th floor the room was split into 2 it had 2 bathrooms , super king size bed , TV , 2 large wardrobes and all coffee and tea facilities it was sea view very clean and smells nice it relaxed me a lot after the stress of the wedding.
6- PRICES : the room are really cheap of the quality they give and the high standard level including the breakfast and they clean the room everyday , change the towels and the bed linen
over all its 5 stars hotel in everything they made my wedding day and i'm very happy me and my husband for choosing radisson blu hotel to stay in and do our wedding there i really recommend to go and stay there for few days you will relax and enjoy very much its the best and 1st hotel choice in Liverpool :)
R.A

Room Tip: rooms by the docks are lovely and sea view its amazinggggggggggggggg
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Roraroro,

Thank you so much for your review and congratulations to you and your husband. I am delighted that you chose to start married life here at the Radisson Blu Hotel Liverpool.

I am very grateful that we have been able to be the host hotel for one of the most important moments in your life and I am very pleased to read you were happy with how you were looked after before, during and after your event.

We very much look forward welcoming you and your family back to the Radisson Blu Liverpool in the near future.

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Stayed for two night for a work trip, purposely booked for location to get to conference.

Staff were all friendly and efficient. Rooms are to a very high standard, clean and spacious.

I can see from other reviews quite a few people have experienced issues, but there was non for me and my two other colleagues really. Only two niggles were that it took 30 minutes for veggie sausages to arrive at table, by which time we had finished breakfast and that there was no plug in my bath randomly and I like to have a soak after a hard day.

Other then that another delightful stay at this fantastic chain of hotels, I would stay there again and recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Bedrooms well sized & well equipped, as was bathroom. Lovely view of the waterfront. Location good for walking into city centre or Albert dock area. Staff very friendly. Made good use of the pool facilities which was lovely after being hot & sticky from travelling. We didn't eat in the hotel at all, as so much choice elsewhere. Had a beautiful breakfast in Mangetout, exceptional value for money and very good quality, turn right out of hotel & carry on down Old Hall Street which also has a Tesco and Sainsburys. There was a ice machine on every floor. Drink in hotel little pricey but hotels always are. We booked through booking.com and got a very competitive rate. Would recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

After shopping around the best price that we could find for a Saturday night at 2 weeks notice was £146. We were attending a party at the hotel and after staying at other Radisson Blu hotels we thought that it was just about worth it.
We were upgraded to a business class room as we were included in a larger party. The room was a decent size and had a great view from the 9th floor. It was furnished in a weird retro style, sort of 1960s Sweden. The TV was tiny, the size of a laptop. It didn't work on the morning we left. There was an espresso machine which was nice touch although we were unable to get it to work. There were instructions though these were for another model of coffee machine altogether. The hotel did give a complimentary espresso on room service though it was barely warm when it arrived.
The room was very warm and the air conditioning worked poorly. The window was locked closed. Really stuffy. Room was very quiet though with good sound proofing.
Breakfast room was quite airy and pleasant. Decent choice. The 'English' breakfast wasn't the best and reminiscent of a Weatherspoon's breakfast. The 'continental' offering on the other hand was very good with nice fresh bread, cheeses and decent quality smoked salmon.
All staff that we encountered were very friendly and helpful especially 'Lucy' on reception.

Room Tip: Room 900 to 910 have views over The Mersey
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool? Share your experiences!