“Sleepless in Liverpool” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool

You added Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   107 Old Hall St, Liverpool L3 9BD, England (Central Liverpool)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #43 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Wigan
“Sleepless in Liverpool”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed Saturday night and were upgraded to a Business Class room on the 9th floor. Good spacious room with a Nespresso machine which was nice as I love my espresso but not in a mug !!!! The main problem was the noise from the air purifying machine which despite pressing all the buttons in every combination did not stop it and kept us awake through the night.We rang reception but they couldn't do anything about it as it has to stay on at all time because the window can't be opened.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

The Radisson Blu, Liverpool, is a comfortable, clean stylish hotel. It has a most attractive restaurant, with very good food. The bed was 6' and very comfortable. We used the valet parking, which cost £20 for approx. 27 hours. This was efficient and gave peace of mind.

Room Tip: We had a room at the front of the hotel. It was not noisy, There was a side view of the Mersey.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Just thought I would share my experience at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Liverpool, Massage Spa.

I was given a Full Body massage voucher for Christmas although to be honest without sounding disrespectful, not something I wanted!

I was going to give it to another family member to use however a friend of mine had also recently had an hours massage at the Radisson and advised me to at least try it!

I called to book an appointment and was given various dates/times to pick from which was great as my free time is somewhat limited.

Upon arriving, I was greeted and welcomed at reception which was very reassuring since I've never had a massage before and being a guy... well, lets just say beauty and therapy is not something we have experience with!

I was booked in with a lovely young lady called Shannon who was very polite and professional. She immediately made me feel at ease as I was quite nervous! She was very friendly which again made the whole experience a more pleasurable one!!!

The massage was absolutely amazing! It lasted the full hour and, well, you will know what I mean when you get one! If you are stressed or need cheering up, you can't beat a good old massage!

I work on a computer so my back can feel very sore as well as play football which can cause aches and pains in my legs.

I was quite impressed with her knowledge of causes and prevention of this as well as various tips on things like knots which lead to stress if not dealt with.

So yeh, 11/10 for my massage experience here

Have not stayed at the hotel yet although I plan to in the future. Hopefully it will match my experience at the Spa :-D

Jay

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Crawley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed here for one night and found it to be of a good standard. The swimming pool was a touch on the chilly side, steam room and sauna were good- would be an idea for the hotel to perhaps provide slippers or robes though for guests to use in the spa area. My room was a great size and bathroom was good. Its in a central location close to everything within Liverpool.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
LBAZH, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Happy New Year!

Thank you very much for taking the time and write a review regarding your stay with us.

I was very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay and that you experienced the location of the hotel and its facilities as good.

Thank you for staying with us and I hope you will continue to stay with us in the future.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

There's nothing wrong with this hotel. It's comfortable, clean and the staff are very helpful. But, it's no more than an average chain hotel. The bar area was soulless and had a sixties feel to it not surprisingly there was never more than a couple of people in the bar area. The breakfast was ok but again pretty average buffet fare. The £20 a night for car parking was a bit steep but I guess that's better than parking in a multi storey car park overnight.

I can't fault the hotel but its really nothing special

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Happy New Year!

Thank you very much for your review and for staying with us.

I was disappointed to read that we have not been able to meet all your expectations.

I am happy with the overall 5 star scores for sleep quality, cleanliness and rooms. Hopefully once we have refurbished our Bar area on a later stage this year we are able to improve your experience.

leicester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is cool the staff are very friendly
The white bar in the lobby is good and comfy with big screen
Rooms are modern and a good standard ours had a massive bed good sized bathroom views of Mersey v nice
Parking is competitive and valet
Hotel has a cool triangle layout and was very clean
The spa was nice and relaxing and included in price
Booked thru late rooms and paid £100 a night It was a fair price
Lots of choice of hotels around that area but think the cleanliness and welcoming staff made this a good bet

• Stayed January 2013
Hi Tim,

Thank you very much for taking the time and write a great review.

It is great to read that from the selection of hotels available you decided to stay with us. Your comments about the facilities of the hotel, the cleanliness and the welcoming staff are a fantastic confirmation of a job well done by everybody.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon during your next visit to Liverpool.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed here for a business trip with some colleagues in September. It was pretty easy to find with the Sat Nav, however was disappointing to find that there was no free hotel car park. The NCP car park is down a little side road opposite.
The staff I encountered when checking in were very friendly & welcoming. They were keen to help & very attentive. My room was on the 3rd floor, with a large window overlooking the docks. The bed & pillows were extremely comfortable & the room was a nice temperature.
The shower & bathroom were lovely. The TV had a fault, whereby it had the top half of the screen at the bottom of the picture, but that didn't matter as I was not going to be in the room for long.
I was happy that there were sachet's of hot chocolate with the complimentary drinks in the cupboard, which was a nice surprise. Lovely biscuits too :-)

Just a minute walk is a Tesco & Sainsbury's express, so that was handy, as I'd forgotten my deodorant annoyingly!!
We walked to Liverpool One for our evening meal, which took about 15 minutes, not too far at all.
Breakfast in the morning was very tasty, was very impressed that they had both black & white pudding with the cooked breakfast. It wasn't the hottest breakfast, but I still enjoyed it.
Overall, a good stay & would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hi Emma,

Happy New Year!

Thank you very much for writing your review regarding your stay with us in September.

I am sorry to read that you were not informed that the hotel does not have any free car parking faciities available. We do offer valet parking service for £20 per night but alternative parking is available just across the street as you mentioned in your review.

I am very happy to read that overall you had a good stay and that you would stay with us again.

Your positive comments about the friendly staff, the quality of the room and the bedding and the quality of the breakfast are all areas that we focus on with the team to get it right.

I will make sure I share your feedback with the staff as well.

I hope that you will stay with us again when your next in Liverpool.

Hans

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool? Share your experiences!