“Good but for a few little things” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool

You added Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   107 Old Hall St, Liverpool L3 9BD, England (Central Liverpool)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #43 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
London, United Kingdom
“Good but for a few little things”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed here for one night on business. The hotel is well-located for the more business end of the city centre, close to Moorfields train station and surrounded by offices. The reception area is cavernous but warm, and the staff were all friendly. Check-in took a matter of minutes.

The room was spacious and the bed was a super-king, two singles on a base, and was incredibly comfy, with a nice thick duvet. However, I had recently stayed in the Radisson Blu in Durham, and in comparison to that, the Liverpool room felt cold, rather than cozy. Maybe it was the shade of the wood and the white walls, but the Durham room felt better. The armchair in the Liverpool room was also difficult to get out of (and I'm an able-bodied 35-year-old) and there was no side table, unlike the Durham room. I did have, however, a river view, which was nice. Be aware that river view rooms are right on the ring road, though I noticed no traffic noise.

Breakfast was plentiful and the bar area was very nice. I'd stay here again, but mainly because it's right next door to my office in Liverpool.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
LBAZH, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time and provide us with your review regarding your recent stay with us.

I was very pleased to read that you recognised the friendliness of our staff and the comfort of our beds. I am sorry to hear that the room you stayed in the last time did not fulfil your expectations from a design point of view. We have 2 different room styles in the hotel and if you decide to stay with us again, please feel free to request a different room style during the reservation process or upon check in.

We are here to make your stay as comfortable as possible so please let us know your preferences when staying with us next.

Kind Regards,
Hans

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Northumberland. UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This was our first visit to this hotel and we were pleasantly surprised after reading some of the reviews. The room was a good size with a massive bed that was very comfortable and the bed linen was chrisp and white. In the room we had everything provided for us, trouser press, iron and ironing board, tea and coffee making facilities with biscuits, hairdryer and toiletries.
We had an excellant view across the river but unfortunately our friends room was over the main entrance with a street view, although they said they were not disturbed at all.
The only critiicism we have is that at our time of life we need reading glasses, but are lucky that we do not need distance glasses but could have done with these to view the tv because of its size. We would have given this hotel 5 stars only for this.

Room Tip: As for a room with a river view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
LBAZH, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Hi,

Thank you for taking your time to comment on your recent stay with us at Radisson Blu Liverpool.

I was very delighted to read that you were pleasantly surprised on your first visit to our hotel and that you enjoyed the comfort of your room. As part of the ongoing improvements made to the hotel this year we will also upgrade the TV's in our bedrooms next year.

Thank you for your review and I hope to welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to Liverpool

Dalbeattie, Scotland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed here recently for a BirthdayWeekend, sadly dissapointed . Had to ask to get our room cleaned after 2 nights. Breakfast was ok if you like it cold. Hotel is situated in the buisness district so found it very issolated.Spa very grotty. I would sack the staff if i was in charge.

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi Angela

Thank you for taking your time to comment on your recent stay.

I was very disappointed to read your review and about your experiences while staying with us. I have already reviewed all your concerns with the Housekeeping department and our Food & Beverage Manager and at the same time highlighted the areas which we failed to meet your expectations.

We are currently undertaking many improvements in the hotel and have just completed the 3rd phase of the project where we upgraded all our beds, pillows and duvets for the new ones. We have also put together a small project which should improve the Spa area and at the same time enhance and benefits to the guest experiences.

Thank you again for your review and I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed at the Radison Blu twice in 2012, in April and again in October.
Both stays were outstanding value, for comfort, service and overall quality
this is a difficult one to better with its proximity to the city centre, museums and Albert dock restaurants

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hi

From your profile I could see that you have been travelling quite a lot and visited a few places. I was very happy to read about your positive experiences and that you found our hotel an outstanding value for comfort, services and overall quality on both occasions while staying with us.

surrey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I spent last Saturday/sunday at this hotel and after all my stays in Liverpool i was very disappointed.

I booked in on Saturday 27th till Monday 29th October.

I went with executive class. All the little extras. Robes and slippers.

Room was very small, no robes. Had to ask for them.

No milk!, when it was delivered, just enough fot two cups!

The room was freezing!

Complained to reception on the second night. Offered to move us to another room! it was 8pm and i was leaving the next morning!

Would i like to get ready in another room? Err No, my clothes are in this room.

So I was offered some blankets for the night.............

At this point Im totally , shut up! Please its a radisson....... More blankets!

I declined. Got ready in the cold and ordered breakfast in my room the next morning.

Hey guess what....It never arrived. So with 30 mins left I ran down and got my own.

while having a drink in the bar and chatting with one of the bar tenders they had problems with the heating through out the hotel for the last few days!....So my room was cold!

My train was delayed back to london and needed to stay an extra night in Liverpool. I opted for an other hotel!

I must add I had a spa treatment at the Radisson and that was fantastic, just not the hotel itself!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Toulouse, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

From the outset I was dealt with by polite, courteous and genuinely friendly staff - from reception to the dining room & bars. The hotel is a bit lacking in atmosphere as its quite modern and minimalistic - but the staff more than make up for this. The location is good with easy access to the dock road and waterfront, museums, Albert Dock etc - however, as its situated at the northern end of Old Hall Street, there is not much going on in the immediate vicinity ie: restaurant choice. That said, there is easy access to Moorfields underground station, a choice of 'brand' coffee bars and mini supermarkets within 500 m of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Hi,

Thank you for taking your time to write this review.

I was very happy to read about your positive experiences while staying with us at Radisson Blu Liverpool. It is always very nice for me to read comments of this nature and in particularly when they relate to our professional and friendly staff. I will be sharing all your comments with the team.

Once more thank you for your review and I look forward welcoming you back in the nearest future

Bristol
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Warm and friendly staff, good food that didn't cost the earth, very happy with the service that was provided. Location of the hotel is useful for getting to local amnenties. Am looking forward to coming back! Having stayed in other hotels in and around the city, I was very impressed. My friend even had a problem with her room, and the staff were so horrified that the room was not 100% ready for her, that they upgrading her and moved me into a room next door to her upgrade. I simply cannot fault the facilities, the service or the high standards the manager must have. Many thanks for a wonderful stay in the hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
LBAZH, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Hi Danielle,

We pride ourselves on delivering high customer service and I was very happy to read about your positive experiences relating to our attentive and friendly staff. I will personally share those comments with the team.

I look forward welcoming you back to Radisson Blu Liverpool again in the not too distant future.

Thank you again for the review.

Kind Regrads

Hans

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool? Share your experiences!