“A Liverpool treat” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 100 hotels in Liverpool
London, United Kingdom
“A Liverpool treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Comfortable hotel; brilliant service and friendly, helpful staff. The rooms are excellent and the 4th floor gives great views over the city.

We really enjoyed our stay here and gorged on the wonderful breakfasts.

The hotel is a comfortable walk from the city centre and all tourist attractions.

We shall certainly come again.

Room Tip: Choose the higher floors
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

1,036 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

This was a last minute booking id made, for a weekend away with my fiancee. From the minute we arrived we got a sense of being treated really well by the staff,even coming straight out to let me into the car park before checking in. The whole style of the hotel is smart, clean and individual. i thought it was new. Location was spot on, 5 minute walk from the city centre,in what i would say is the nicer side of liverpool.the room was massive, well laid out,even had an ipod dock.breakfast was proper fresh ingredients.chain hotel owners should visit here, to see how it should be done,i cant recommend this place enough.basicly if you want a hotel in liverpool dont bother with the mass produced on the dockside,i have stayed at them and been let down. Try here and see a hotel that shows what liverpool has evolved into, a modern, friendly, cultural place.

• Stayed November 2012
St Peter Port, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Myself and My Husband travelled to Liverpool to watch Don McClean in concert at the Phillamonic Hall , as a Travel Agent I do a lot of research in to various Hotels and Locations and because we were arriving at 1700 I needed to stay as close as possible to the Venue.

I found that the Hope Street Hotel was right opposite the venue and went straight on to their website to make a booking, they had all different options to book a room , you could book a Sunday evening special which included dinner in their London Carriage Works restuarant but because we were arriving late I thought it would be bext to just book Bed and Breakfast.

We arrived at approx 1715 by taxi and went straight in to reception which was very contempary in Decor , we checked in and went straight to our room , as soon as you walked in it had a lovely feeling about it , solid wood floors , the focal point was the Brick wall behind the bed and natural wood beams , the bathroom was very contempary and it had everything you would expect from a luxury boutique hotel.

We went down in to the bar which is along side the restaurant and had a glass of champagne and a glass of wine until we had to walk across the road to watch our concert, The bar is so nice and as a lovely atmosphere that after the concert we went back in to the bar to have a drink before going to bed.

We had an excellent nights sleep in a very comfortable bed and went and enjoyed a full breakfast in the Carraige Works Restaurant which had everything from cereals, continental breakfast and you could order a full english breakfast along with kippers, poached eggs etc.

We spoke to Jimmy who kindly took our order and chatted to him about various things and asked him a few questions as we wanted to find a couple of music shops and he went out of his way to get a map and show us which way to go to get to the shops. The Hotel is a five to Ten minute walk in to the City Centre which is perfect as it is in a fairly quiet location which great for us as we would prefer that and walk in to town than to stay right in the centre and have a noisey room.

We loved our stay at the Hope Street Hotel and we vist Liverpool quite often as we love going to concerts and the Liverpool Echo Arena is a fantastic place to watch bands and now we have been to the Phillamonic Hall that is fabulous aswell so we will definately stay and recommend this hotel to our friends and clients .

Thank You Hope Street Hotel for being so Unique it is a pleasure to stay in such a lovely Hotel

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

First time in Liverpool and I couldn't have chosen a finer place to stay. Room was homey & clean with all the amenities needed to make my stay relaxing; even a towel warming rack.... Nice quiet comfy lounge area with plenty of couches to sink into. The staff was extremely friendly and accomodating. We called the hotel from Anfield Stadium after the Liverpool Football match , when we couldn't seem to hail a taxi... they called a taxi for us and sent it right away. Looking forward to returning in the not to distant future. Cheers !!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Friendly and helpful staff. Great service and food. Lovely full English in the morning! Clean room and quiet. Comfy bed! Great spot for the main attractions in the centre. Lime street station is a few minutes away by car, about 10 min walk. Highly recommended. I'll be back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I had a wonderful stay everything thought of and delightful staff and too much to choose from at breakfast! Rooms delightful and relaxing.
The location is great and I can't wait to go back next week!
Janet

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed at the Hope Street Hotel over three nights (Friday through to Monday morning) and had an enjoyable and relaxing time. Check-in was smooth and efficient and I was given room 205, which overlooks Hope Street itself. The bedroom was clean, spacious and stylish with a polished wooden floor and exposed brickwork. The bathroom was also nicely furnished however there's a very disconcerting view from the window. Opposite the hotel is an office block (currently empty as I write this). Anybody in that building could easily see into the bathrooms and indeed any of the hotel rooms overlooking Hope Street if they wanted to. The bathroom windows do have blinds (as does the bedroom) but I felt very exposed when I first went in the bathroom!

In terms of sleep quality the bed was very comfortable but there was a certain amount of noise from the main road. Hope Street doesn't seem to be particularly busy but late on the Saturday night I could hear the sound of music pumping out of a nearby pub / bar and several noisy groups of partygoers went past the hotel in the early hours of the morning. If you're a light sleeper and/or you like to have a bit of privacy, I suggest you ask for a room that doesn't overlook Hope Street.

I tried both the cooked and continental breakfasts over the three mornings I stayed. In my opinion, the food was very good but not exceptional considering the price you have to pay. The cooked breakfast could have been a bit more substantial and the continental buffet could have offered a slightly better choice of meats, cheeses and pastries.

Plus points: The location is fantastic - easy walking into town and local attractions / places to visit. The staff are very friendly and I found all of them to be helpful with a genuine service with a smile mentality.

Minus points: My room didn't have a room safe - at least I didn't find one and was surprised at this oversight for a higher priced hotel. No minibar either (unless it was cunningly hidden) however this wasn't a big deal as the bar was open until the early hours of the morning. The television was extremely small considering the size of the wall it was mounted on.

I would definitely stay there again but personally I'm not convinced that the price you pay is as good value-wise when compared to other hotels of similar quality. That said, Hope Street is arguably one of the best (if not the best) in Liverpool and if you book directly through the hotel's website, there's a good chance you'll pick up special deals and rates, which is what I did. If you do book a special package with them, make sure they don't charge twice for breakfast (as happened to me). It was an oversight on their part and they quickly amended my bill once I'd pointed out the error.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, ask for a room that doesn't overlook Hope Street as it can get no...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hope Street Hotel? Share your experiences!