“Luxury prison” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
england
“Luxury prison”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Went o the bridewell Saturday night with friends, had a wowcher to use, very good indeed , eating in a old prison cell with today's luxury. Food good, atmosphere good, will deffo go back

• Visited November 2012

Liverpool
“Will return for more!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Visited here with my partner on Friday and really enjoyed it.
We sat in our own cell which was really fun and got served by a lovely helpful waitress immediately.
Atmosphere is good as you are sat on your own but you can still hear people around you having a good time and the staff 'check ' on you regularly.
I had the black pudding to start which was delicious and then I had the sausage and mash which was fab! Sausages were really tasty (3) and the mash was really creamy and buttery. Nicest sausage and mash I've ever had!!!
My partner had the burger which he said was gorgeous too. This came with homemade chips which were to DIE for! They were gorgeous!!!!
Drinks choice good too if you like your beer and cider.
All in all will return as great ambience (definitely an experience given the history of the building) food great, staff lovely and in a good part of Liverpool for moving onto bars.
Go!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Liverpool, UK
“Jailhouse Rocks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Went to the Bridewell on Friday as we had friends visiting for the weekend and we wanted to do something different (and eating your tea in a prison cell is different for most of us!)
I know its only a couple of weeks since I reviewed it, but we enjoyed it so much I just wanted to add a few bits ;
We all ordered steak ; amazing, really tender and full of flavour, and all 6 cooked to perfection ranging from well done to medium and variations in between. The onion rings were fantastic. I could happily of eaten a whole plate of them.
Paul the chef/owner came out of the kitchen to talk to us, which I thought was a really nice touch, and our waitress was brilliant, my only slight grumble was we waited quite a while for our food, but when it arrived it was more than worth the wait.
The tucked away location of the Bridewell means it isnt as busy as some of the more popular bars on the main drag, but its definitely one of my favorites and I am telling everyone I know how good it is.
We will be back .....

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Liverpool, UK
“Saturday Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Went for lunch Saturday afternoon as we had a Wowcher voucher I'd previously purchased. Have eaten here before and it was very nice, but didn't know what to expect now I was using the voucher ,as I know some restaurants tailor their menus & portions when one is being used. There was no cause for concern, when our food came it was a decent size portion and very tasty. The Aberdeen Angus burger was cooked perfectly, very flavoursome and a little pink in the middle. The chips were hand cooked, not too chunky but not like skinny fries. I wouldn't have been too unhappy if I'd gotten this meal without the voucher.
There was a good choice of cocktails, and the barman was happy to make a different one for me after some discussion. My husband had a pint of Blue Moon, there was also a good choice of real ales for those that like something other than lager.
The Service was very good. The young lady was very helpful and pleasant. Nothing was too much trouble.
I would encourage people to try Bridewell, and to also enjoy the different surrounding to your normal bar/restaurant, which is a nice change.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Great bar/restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Great food, generous portions and a great atmosphere, you won't be disappointed. We took our 3 boys on a Saturday afternoon and they loved sitting in the cells! On another visit me a husband dined upstairs (lovely grand piano) in a newly refurbished part of the restaurant.

• Visited September 2012