“Good value, great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Liverpool Central The Strand

You added Travelodge Liverpool Central The Strand to your Saves list
Travelodge Liverpool Central The Strand
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Strand, Liverpool L2 0PP, England (Central Liverpool)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Saver rooms available
Ranked #40 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
“Good value, great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Me and my boyfriend stayed at this hotel middle of December as we were going to an event at the echo. Reception staff were nice, room was small but nicely equipped, no frills room. Good location, everything within walking distance. Easy check in and check out. Would definitely stay here again

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Boyle, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We booked this hotel because it was near the city centre, we did not quite realise just how many other better hotels are within walking distance.
We booked our stay over the phone, talked with a very polite gentleman from Cork and, paid in advance. We informed him of our flight times, arrivals etc. Not a problem , he said.
When we arrived, they have a check in time of 3:00 pm ,[ we got there about half an hour before that], we were informed by an extremely rude young lady at reception that it would cost us £10.00 sterling, if we wanted to go directly to our room, either that or we could sit in the bar or indeed go outside and play with the crows until 3:00 pm.
There is no bath in the room, and no wardrobe, just a few hangers on a rail, which I suppose is fine for an overnight stay, alas it does not show this on their web page.
On the morning of our departure I went outside to see if our taxi had arrived to take us to the airport, it was 7:30 am, only to find that I could not get back into the hotel, even though I had a swipe card to do so. Eventually some one in reception open the door.
Liverpool is a wonderful city to visit, don't let our experience put you off, we will be wiser next time.
Just remember, if you have booked a stay with Travelodge....BRING AN EXTRA TENNER !!!

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Booked a two night stay in this hotel, decided to stay here due to location and price. It was located right by the venue we would be visiting but also handy for shops and restaurants.
The hotel itself was great, all the staff were great very friendly and approachable,nothing was to much for them. The food in the hotel was good and well priced. The bar is open till 4am and food is available at this time too.
Yes I would choose to stay here again when staying over in Liverpool.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
St Helens, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I booked a 1 night stay here as we were going to a gig at the Echo Arena, a return taxi was charging £45 so when I found this hotel for the same price it was a no brainer!

Located right opposite the Albert dock with great views from the front of the hotel and 5 min walk to the arena. You have to press a buzzer to get into the hotel for check in which can be awkward with road noise to hear what the intercom is saying, i expect its to keep out people who would otherwise hang around smoking in the warmth as reception is on 1st floor. Staff on check in /out were fine, car park is 3 mins to hotel and with the car park voucher we paid £9.50 for parking - brilliant as its about £8 for 5 hours normally!
Our room was at the rear/side of hotel so no view but road noise etc is quiet which is more important in my opinion, doors banging on the corridor were quite noticeable and woke me a few times. The room was fine, double bed, 2 pillows, shower and w/c, the pillows weren't great and the water from tap was luke warm, I do like the hand wash dispenser and having a bottle opener on side of the desk is helpful.
If I was going to the echo again I would probably stay here, however I did stay at the Liverpool Central Exchange St Travel Lodge 2 weeks ago and found the rooms there more comfortable and I slept better there - I suspect it's used slightly less so pillows more bouncy and less banging doors. It's only a few minutes further on so might be tempted to go back to that one.
Over all I've been impressed with both stays for the price and am considering a travel lodge for when we go to London.

Island of Anglesey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Booked this for a 1 night stay back in April got a deal for only £21 for the two of us. Location is great for going to the ECO arena or sight seeing in the dock.

I can't fault it for the price I paid.

Our room was small but comfy and clean. However there was loads of crumbs in the carpet in the hallways.

Staff were friendly.

Bargain and I would go back :-)

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Bangor, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel has become very dirty over my last couple of stays
the bathroon was not very clean and the rest of the room was not neither.have stayed here 8 times since it opened but has become poorly ran and maintained

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Liverpool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We only paid £27 for a one night stay on a Thursday following a concert at the Arena. (about 7 minutes walk from the hotel).

I appreciate we were in a city centre on a busy main road and when the check in clerk asked if we would like any particular part of the hotel I kind of laughed when I asked for a "quiet room". We stayed in 517 which was one room in a corridor of just 7 rooms. It was VERY quiet and we slept right through until 9.30am!! The windows are very good at keeping the noise out.

We did look out over the back of the hotel so not a great view but we wanted a good nights sleep so were happy with the room. However the front of the building where the lifts are is glass so the views over towards the Liver Buildings and the Albert Dock are great.

Our room was "compact" but the bed was comfortable and the shower good so we can't complain about anything really.

The hotel has a bar which is open until 4am and the hotel also serves some food.

We would recommend to friends and would stay here again - I've scored this on the price and the comfort for the level of star of this hotel. Obviously it is a "budget" range of hotel so it's not going to have the grand entrance and big lounges that the likes of the Crowne Plaza will have but I feel it does deserve Very good for the price.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Been to Travelodge Liverpool Central The Strand? Share your experiences!