“Superb food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Bridgend, United Kingdom
“Superb food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

The majority of the reviews are absolutely correct, this is a real gem. Excellent food and unpretentious surroundings. Superb value for money, I shall definitely be back soon.

Visited July 2013

“Unpretentious great food, very friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a hearty feast of meat and found exactly what we were looking for. It may be unspectacular looking from the outside but this is a cut above the late night kebab. They grill meat on charcoal for a start and I didn't see a single shaved piece of donor in sight. The mixed grill is a proper feast that would please the most hungry of carnivores and the salad with Turkish cheese was also really tasty. It was all really good value too and Jade our waitress was incredibly nice and gave us ls of great tips on where to visit in the city. The only thing we'd say is that the music choice could be a bit better as it was a little repetitive.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Should not be one of Trip Advisors top places”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Simply stated, this place should not be in the top ten for Liverpool restaurants. We came to Shiraz only because of its high rating on Trip Advisor; we usually trust and are always pleased with the top restraunts in the town. The place was practically empty not buzzing as most top rated restraunts usually are. My yogurt drink was literally that, some unappetizing yogurt mixed with yogurt. I think i managed three sips. I had a starter that on the menu said spicy sausage on bread, it ended up to be fatty sausages on a plate. That's it. The hummus my family shared was lacking any flavor. My meat calzone was way too big, about half the plate and filled with meat and cheese but also not great. The only silver lining was our waitress who was wonderful and gave us suggestions for things to do the next day. I do not recommend this place but it is very affordable if thats what your looking for.

Visited July 2013
Lincolnshire
“Never Judge a Book......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

as they say and it's so true in the case of Shiraz. From the outside it doesn't look much and even when you first enter its not the most upmarket place but looks are deceptive. Having read the reviews and spotting the place as we walked around Liverpool, I managed to persuade my wife, Carmel, that we shouldgive it a go. We were not disapointed and I lived to tell the tale (death is almost the certain outcome of persauding my wife to eat somewhere she has taken an instant dislike to) and not only that it received the seal of approval from Carmel who rated her bacon and egg sandwich as one of the best. I awarded a similar rating to my mixed Kebab and looking at the other food being served I was only sorry that I didn't have chance to go back again and try other items on the menu. I should also mention the staff, very friendly and welcoming, always a good sign.

Southport, United Kingdom
“Great value breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Since venturing around Liverpool looking around for breakfast since some places were rude and refused to serve breakfast or just closed as its a Sunday morning. As I was giving up hope looking for somewhere I found shiraz and I must say its great for anyone who is on a budget and looking for breakfast this place is fab!