“Run down, not as expected” 1 of 5 stars

You added The Block to your Saves list
The Block
Kings Dock, Keel Wharf | City Centre, Liverpool L3 4FN, England   |
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Run down, not as expected”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Me and my 4 friends stayed at the Block apartments for my 25th birthday late June. Originally we wanted to stay at ‘base2stay’ but unfortunately they didn’t have any rooms available for the dates we required. So therefore the Block apartments seemed like a good shout.

When we first came into our room (to accommodate 4) everything seemed nice the rooms looked a bit smaller than advertised but initially seemed OK. The on-suite bathroom was a little strange as there was NO door I mean NO door, basically your view on the loo is the actual bed! I don’t really understand that logic if I’m honest I felt like I was staying abroad!

The other main bathroom looked immaculate until you looked above the shower, to find the wall above was covered in mould which was grey and black! Then all of the other problems began to surface…. There were lots of blond strands of hair amongst many dust balls by one of the bedroom doors. All of the bedside cabinets were dusty and there had been no effort to clean the room what so ever.

We complained and they upgraded us. The upgraded apartment had even smaller room space around the bed and there were marks on the walls such us make-up stains and other black marks. My friend opened the freezer to check if there were any ice trays, but instead ended up with the handle in her hand!

Overall I wouldn’t recommend this place it seems a bit tired and small tweaks could improve things but haven’t been done.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Burnley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Just back from another fab weekend in liverpool, stayed in The Block on kings dock, apartment was really nice and modern,lovely big soft white towels and comfy bed.Loved the ensuite wet room, kitchen well kitted out even a dishwasher. Lovely views over the docks. Would have given an excellent review but the bedrooms were too hot and we could have done with a fan or air con !! Realise we don't normally have these heat waves .. So I suppose it won't always be a problem.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
yorks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Spent a weekend here the apartment was very modern in a great location over looking the dock a short walk to Albert dock pier head and the city centre the two bed apartment was very clean well equipped only thing missing was the tv remote would highly recommend these apartments to anyone seeking a central location in liverpool

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Bedford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights from 13 to 17 July.
The rooms are spartan ie one very small bedside table in a twin room. Not enough place for 4 people to unpack their clothes.
The so called sleeper couch is a leatherette futon style thingy which is really uncomfortable and not anything like a sofa bed. Cannot be made up into a comfortable bed - okay for dossing for a night or two but that is all.
Serviced appartment? It was not cleaned once whilst we were there, bins not emptied in kitchen and bathroom which was most unpleasant in this heat. No clean towels provided (I had to ask 3 times before we got any). Then I had to go and ask for more toilet roll.
I don't understand the good reviews - it seems as if these customers are describing a completely different place.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else
Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Just got back from The Block after a 4 night stay. We had a double & twin bedroomed apartment. Very clean, with lots of natural light. Big enough for 4 adults sharing. Plenty of towels left and changed after 2 days (same with sheets). Slight hiccup on arrival - no cutlery, large saucepan or TV remote. However, a 'phone to reception and a meeting with Jo in the lift got these items replaced very quickly. Our toaster caused the electricity to 'trip' on our first morning, but 2 electricians came in minutes to show us how to adjust it. I found the staff on reception very helpful - any 'phone call was dealt with promptly. It was extremely hot during our stay and, yes, the apartments would have benefitted from air con., but how often do we get such a hot spell of weather in this country? Last July we were getting washed out!! I got a fan from reception which was used in the back bedroom (no window). We also left the living area window/doors open during the night to get some air circulating, with limited success. There was no extractor fan in the bathroom. There was no door on the ensuite in our double room, but this did not trouble us. We just closed the bedroom door. The apartment was a few minutes stroll to The Albert Dock, with lots of restaurants and attractions. Also a short walk to Liverpool One and the city centre. We had a great time in Liverpool and will be back at The Block.

Room Tip: One dishwasher tablet supplied and some washing up liquid. Bring extra tablets to avoid hand washin...
Derry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed at The Block a few days ago and cannot say better things about it. The rooms were big and spacious and felt like a home away from home. I had a sea view room and the view was fantastic and with the weather being nice it was lovely to wake up and look out. My room had 2 double beds and 1 ensuite and I couldn't have asked for a better room; clean, open and spacious. My one complaint was that our neighbours were quite noisy but that is beyond the staff's control. I will definitely stay again and will recommend to everyone coming to Liverpool!

Buncrana, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were in Liverpool last week for two nights, and the place that we had booked overbooked and we had no place to stay, the receptionist at another apartment who was very kind and called around to find us alternative accommodation (He had no rooms himself) and got us this apartment. We could not have been happier as it was so nice they even gave us an upgrade to a beautiful room with a great view, the staff were so nice, especially a lady called Mrs Pugh , I will recommend these apartments to my friends and will come to stay again, thank you all again for being so kind to us in our predicament.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Block? Share your experiences!