“Why is Nando's so popular, overpriced rubbish !” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
barnsley england
“Why is Nando's so popular, overpriced rubbish !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

I ate here on 20th July, it's the 1st time I had ate at a nandos & from all the reviews & hype expected good things. Oh dear how wrong can I be, My wife had the chicken wrap & I had the double chicken wrap, each with a side order, we ordered a drink each, lemonade & a beer, £27 something. At least I knew my double chicken wrap would be filling & worthwhile but then it arrived, oh dear they've got the order wrong & have gave us child portions by mistake. My wife's chicken wrap was the same size as a £2 supermarket wrap, mine was a little bigger but shockingly poor. We left here £30 worse off & hungry !
This was the 1st & last time I will visit a Nando's, the staff were great, the different sauces were great, the food was too small & overpriced, I would have got better value in Harrods or Harvey Nic's.
Never Again

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Hen party lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We visited this restaurant mid afternoon, on saturday 13th July. There were 11 of us, we waited 5 minutes to be seated. We were on a long table which was well situated. We all ordered food separately, our order came to the table and we all ate together which was excellent. The food was hot, and very tasty, and good portions. Reasonably priced. The staff were very helpful, and kept asking if everything was ok. The table was cleared quickly allowing us to have some time chatting, the staff also offered to take photos with our cameras with the whole group which was nice of them as they were very busy.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

God awful food and even worse service. Went for a birthday (only because my brother seems to love it there did we agree to go), booked a table weeks in advance as we know it gets busy at lunch (although god knows why!) turned up 15 minutes before to be told they had given the table away!! Waited 30 minutes for another. Someone had spilt vinegar on the chair and floor and it stank. We asked someone to come with a mop or a cloth so we could sit down and they came with a dirty dish cloth and kitchen roll and left it for us to do!! Disgusting treatment and no apology. Food arrived 45 minutes after ordering and was cold. When asked if we could have it hot we were told they could microwave it if we wanted or have fresh but fresh would take about an hour! Will never go to Nandos again!

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“"Chicken Licking Good"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've lost count the amount of times I've been to nandos,I should have shares in the company.Chicken pitta medium,spicy rice,chips and coleslaw is amazing.I always start with a red pepper dip but I have to say they made a big mistake changing the recipe.Its not as spicy and its more tomatoey.Can never fit a dessert in as I'me always too full so I follow it with a nice cappuccino.Staff are always pleasant and the service is quick considering there always busy.
You have to give it a try and see for yourself

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ballymena northern ireland
“amazing meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

encouraged my husband to try it.i have eaten in a nandos before,he hasnt.food was delicious and restaurant was lovely.butterfly chicken medium hot was yummy,i even got him to eat the spicy rice.highly recommended and would definitely go back to it again.

Visited July 2013