“Excellent, time after time...” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Brasserie
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Excellent, time after time...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I've eaten in the Hanover Street Social a number of times now. The food is consistently good; very reasonably priced...which is why I keep going back. Definitely worth a try...

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Lovely relaxed lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We went down to Liverpool for the day for my wife's birthday, and went to the Hanover for lunch. It was excellent - we really liked the decor of the place, subdued lighting, dark wood, red leather - a shame it was so deserted. We had a nice cocktail each and then a three-course lunch from the a la carte menue - about £75 all told, so not cheap but the food was excellent - sea bass fillets with pea risotto was a real treat, and the chocolate mousse dessert was exceptional in quality and quantity! Nice idea to have wine by the half-litre. The service was really good - attentive and very friendly. All-in-all we couldn't fault anything - we'll defo be going back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Price Lunch Menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

3 of us visited after day sopping in Liverpool before a visit to the theater. Their lunch menu is served noon till 6pm which is also incredibly cheap price ( 2 course £9.95 or 3 courses for £12.50 ( 16th Jan 2013 ) for the great food they serve with approx 6 options per course. All food was tasty, well presented & cooked & hot. Portions were not huge but what do you expect for this price, by the time we had 3 course's were were thoroughly satisfied and reprieved of our hunger. We enjoyed it thoroughly even though i cant believe how they can afford to offer this menu for this price. we ate around 5pm and the place was deserted which is a real shame, The service was prompt & friendly and bar drinks reasonable. i would definitely return on any future visit to Liverpool.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Hi this was our first time at the restaurant. We were served quickly and there was great choice from the menu. I had the soup for starter and it was piping hot with plenty of flavour. We all enjoyed our food an was reasonably priced. I would recommend the restaurant/ bar to family &friends

Liverpool
“Worst experience I have ever had”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Hanover Street social looks like a lovely place to eat, however it was the most terrible dining experience I have ever had.
The waitress was lovely to be fair, she knew what she was doing but she was far too busy and I felt for her. The food was awful, it tasted and looked like it had been sat out for hours.
The bar was even worse, the staff were incredibly rude and slow. I sat and listened polity while I was fed information about cocktails that was absolute rubbish. I asked for a 'black forest martini' and it was drinkable, as I was with a friend i didn't want to complain when the next one I ordered was made totally different to the first one.
As for the lady managing at the time, I have never experienced a more arrogant, patronizing pathetic excuse for management ever before. I have a lot of experience in this field and quite how this woman is managing is beyond me.
Overall I think Hanover Street Social would have much more potential if they changed the management, bar staff and attitude. (this cannot be said for our waitress as she was very helpful and lovely).
Unfortunately this is not the first time I have been to Hanover Street Social and been disgusted by the place, however I thought that would have been a one off.
I would not advise anyone to go here as it is nothing but a let down.

• Visited December 2012