I don't ever write reviews as I'd never had a real cause to provide a public feedback. Unfortunately, I now have reason to do the above in the aftermath of our very first and possibly last visit to Liverpool. My family and I stayed at this hotel over the weekend of 14/15 September mainly because my sons wanted to see the plane graveyard in the parking lot. On Sunday, 15th September, we departed and at Lime Street station, I discovered that I had left my 7 year-old son's swatch wrist watch and bracelet in the bathroom. I had taken them off the previous night before getting him in the shower. The wrist watch was monetarily valuable but the bead bracelet was more sentimental than costly. I sent an email as soon as I arrived in London asking for both items to be forwarded to me, at my cost if necessary. Well, guess what? Nothing was found in the bathroom or bedroom. I had read about the 'non-recovery' of items in this hotel but decided to carry on to London as I was so sure no one could deny locating the items; well, more fool me. This is a call-out - WARNING, if you like - to other potential guests not to assume that left items will be recovered from this hotel. Even as I write this, I still cannot believe the hotel would deny the existence of items I know were there. I am utterly shocked. I normally stay in hotels at least 2ce a month but never again will I darken this hotel's door with my presence. In fact, I won't be returning to Liverpool anytime soon. My son thinks the same.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our friendly Concierge will greet you on arrival at the hotel, a former Art Deco airport terminal building. Take in the vintage aircraft stationed outside the entrance and step into Crowne Plaza Liverpool-John Lennon Airport's Lobby and lounge, where thousands of fans greeted The Beatles in their 60s heyday. Your sumptuous room or suite awaits, or you can head next door for complimentary use of the facilities at David Lloyd Leisure Centre. Crowne Plaza Liverpool-John Lennon Airport is 1 mile from Liverpool-John Lennon Airport and 1 mile from Liverpool South Parkway rail station, with direct trains to the city centre in 15 minutes. Leave your vehicle in our complimentary car park and stroll 20 minutes to Speke Hall, a gorgeous Tudor manor house nestled in the woods. Meet colleagues or clients at nearby businesses such as Jaguar Cars and Shop Direct, or invite 300 to banquets and conferences in our 12 elegant meeting rooms. Our Art Deco Starways Restaurant backs onto the former runway, and you can order from 24-hour in-room dining. For a stylish base in a convenient location, you'll find that the long and winding road leads to Crowne Plaza Liverpool-John Lennon Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Crowne Plaza Liverpool - John Lennon Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Liverpool - John Lennon Airport Hotel Liverpool
- Crown Plaza Hotel Liverpool
- Marriott Liverpool
- Liverpool Marriott