“Don't ever forget valuables” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #42 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
London, United Kingdom
“Don't ever forget valuables”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I don't ever write reviews as I'd never had a real cause to provide a public feedback. Unfortunately, I now have reason to do the above in the aftermath of our very first and possibly last visit to Liverpool. My family and I stayed at this hotel over the weekend of 14/15 September mainly because my sons wanted to see the plane graveyard in the parking lot. On Sunday, 15th September, we departed and at Lime Street station, I discovered that I had left my 7 year-old son's swatch wrist watch and bracelet in the bathroom. I had taken them off the previous night before getting him in the shower. The wrist watch was monetarily valuable but the bead bracelet was more sentimental than costly. I sent an email as soon as I arrived in London asking for both items to be forwarded to me, at my cost if necessary. Well, guess what? Nothing was found in the bathroom or bedroom. I had read about the 'non-recovery' of items in this hotel but decided to carry on to London as I was so sure no one could deny locating the items; well, more fool me. This is a call-out - WARNING, if you like - to other potential guests not to assume that left items will be recovered from this hotel. Even as I write this, I still cannot believe the hotel would deny the existence of items I know were there. I am utterly shocked. I normally stay in hotels at least 2ce a month but never again will I darken this hotel's door with my presence. In fact, I won't be returning to Liverpool anytime soon. My son thinks the same.

Room Tip: Find another hotel to stay in.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool - John Lennon Airport, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear phoebe s s,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate your interactions with the staff prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We would like to look further into your experience, and have sent you a private message.

Thank you again for your comments, we look forward to being of further assistance.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Stayed prior to flying out, the price included parking for upto 15 days. For the past 4years we have stayed at the Hilton across the road from the terminal but after seeing some photos of the Crowne Plaza thought we would give it a try. Not al all disappointed.
The hotel was really nicely decorated some lovely in an art deco style. The rooms were very spacious (ground floor) and well furnished.
A bonus was being able to use the David Lloyd centre next door. Reception provided a towel and a padlock to use on the lockers!
We didn't have breakfast as we had to check in at 05.00 but did have something to eat on the evening we stayed. Not a fantastic choice but reasonably priced. My only criticism for the food would be not a particularly healthy option and poor choice for vegies.
I was a little concerned about the parking at the rear of the hotel after reading previous reviews. We arrived after midnight to find the gates locked. Our taxi driver drove us around to the front. However when I went in to ask about access I was told that a member of staff had already left to open the gates. Apparently when they see a taxi drive around some one rushes out to open the gates. (obviously not quick enough for our driver!). The 'gate opener' met me and took me throught the hotel rather than my having to walk around the building at night. He also waited until I was in the car before leaving. When I drove around to the front he was waiting there to load the cases into the car........
The staff (all of whom we met) were fantastic, pleasant, helpful and professional . I really cant fault this hotel I only wish I'd booked the night of our return. The taxi to the airport - I used a local mini cab rather than a black cab and was pleased to find that it was the grand total of £3.80 for each trip - pretty good value as the return trip was after midnight.
ps I've ticked the box for breakfast by mistake !

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
mango15, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool - John Lennon Airport, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thank you for your most complimentary review of our hotel, I have shared your feedback regarding healthy options with our New Executive chef and he has taken this on board.

I hope to welcome you back to stay with us before and after your next holiday!

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed here for a business trip in the second week of September and it was a thoroughly enjoyable stay. It was my first time to Liverpool and I was greeted with a smile and a soft scouse accent. Welcome to Liverpool! The hotel is absolutely beautiful and decor is top notch. There is historical aviation things around the place but not overbearing. All the staff I encountered were all scousers which was suprising as Ive stayed in Manchester and Gatwick a few times and rarely spoke to someone with a local accent. Staff were polite, helpful and courteous. The double room I had was fantastic, the bed and pillows soft and the bathroom spotless. The breakfast buffet was a nice choice and the WIFI was good. Overall a nice place to stay on a business trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We pride ourselves on providing a warm welcome and a home from home for those guests who need travel for their business. Thank you again for your kind comments.

I do hope to welcome you back soon and maybe we could teach you some Scouse!

Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights on a weekend in late June. The reception staff were extremely helpful and friendly, very informative.

We stayed in a corner room at the front on the 2nd floor (I think). The room was spacious, very clean, bed large and comfy, etc., The only thing that was odd was that only one pack of hot chocolate was ever put on the refreshments tray - strange.

Breakfast is buffet and there is an extensive choice. Again, the staff couldn't have been more pleasant. It is a lovely breakfast room and very relaxed.

The hotel is quite interesting because the interior décor reflects the art deco style of the building, not something I usually like, but in this case very well done. No problem with the curtains on the huge curved window in our room. They closed properly which was just as well because it was unseasonably cold that weekend with a howling wind which blew threw the windows which the staff had helpfully opened to air the room! :-)

A couple of things which came to light afterwards, however, marred our stay.
1) We paid upfront for our 2 night stay, but, when checking our bank statement afterwards, we found an extra charge upwards of £70 had been charged to us. This was eventually refunded after several contacts with the hotel, but, there was no explanation for the charge against our room;

and for future guest information, be warned,

2) Vehicle registered at reception upon arrival. As we left the car park for a day out, I noticed that the car park was operated by ParkingEye Ltd. Because of past experience, on our return to the hotel, checked with reception that we would not be charged for parking and did so again when checking out the following day. Within a week we had a demand for a ridiculous amount of money from ParkingEye. This involved contacting the hotel again and a few emails to have it cancelled by that company.

Had I realised that ParkingEye had anything to do with this hotel, the booking would never have been made in the first place. This is the second experience of registering a vehicle whilst staying in a hotel and then having an unwarranted demand from that company. It is probably best to ignore these companies and just not respond to them, but, we thought the hotel should be made aware of the annoyance and aggravation caused to some guests.

Note: Check the parking arrangements at hotels and establish who operates their car park before deciding to book. Parking is free for guests at this hotel (on a two night stay anyway).
My policy is not to use a hotel where guest parking is charged.

Basically, we were happy with the hotel and staff during our stay. Shame about the administrative problems afterwards.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for you positive comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Crowne plaza Liverpool John Lennon Airport. I sincerely apologize for the administrative challenges you faced after you left the hotel. We have been using the Parkingeye company for 3 months now and I appreciate your comments towards the company as a hotel team we do our up most to ensure our guests register their car with us on arrival and if there are any errors that we rectify them in a timely manner.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Nuneaton, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

How does a business person cope without being connected in the modern world? Well, thankfully for me and my colleagues we had 3G connectivity. On checking in we were given the wifi code, which was part of the organisation rate for the hotel. Having successfully hooked up to the wife with full signal (apparently) it was not long before I turned the wifi off and relied on that 3G signal for my mail and intranet browsing.

The rooms now look and feel dated, as does the marble bathrooms and inadequate shower heads. The bed is very comfortable but the curtains do not fit the whole of the windows resulting in light shining through all night.

Overall this was a poor experience and one that I shall not repeat.

Room Tip: Avoid the corner ground floor bedrooms because you will get noise and car headlights breaking your s...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your constructive feedback regarding your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Liverpool John Lennon Airport. I would like to assure you that your comments have been passed to relevant departments and actions will be taken to rectify the issues you highlighted.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future many thanks.

Ballymena, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We arrived at the hotel at 7pm after getting married that day. the staff were very friendly and welcoming. Without asking, after they discovered we were just married, they upgraded us to a better room. The following morning we went to the reception as we had booked another nights stay, but this night was a free stay received with our ferry crossing. We asked if they wanted us to check out the room and then check into a new room, but the hotel manager told to do no such thing and stay in the room we were in. On the Monday morning we went down for breakfast at 10am not realising the breakfast finished at that time through the week. The woman in the restaurant could not have been any more helpful. She actually apologised to us for us being late and offered to get the chef to make us something. We will definitely return to this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Stay there on your wedding day, you may get an upgrade!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Liverpool John Lennon Airport to spend your special night. We are delighted that we could make your special evening just a little more so. I look forward to welcoming you back on your 1st Wedding Anniversary! Congratulations.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We arrived at the hotel friday evening around 5 and saw lots of signs asking "Have you paid for parking" We went to reception and asked, as residents, did we have to pay? The receptionist said no, and put our car registration into her computer.

We checked in and went to our room which was spacious and airy with a shower.

We stayed two nights and found the hotel nice and clean with an ok breakfast buffet. The waitress arranged gluten free bread for my wife, and there were enough options for her to have a nice meal.

No complaints about the hotel. Its opposite a retail park, a few minutes drive from Liverpool airport. I did see tourists asking for adapters and if there was a shop nearby, but the receptionist said there were none. Maybe adapters is something they could look at.?

Nice enough hotel, bus outside takes you into town, but a taxi back, at 3am cost us 16 pounds.

I would stay again but would try to get a bit closer to town.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Liverpool John Lennon Airport for your recent stay in Liverpool. Thank you from all the team here for your positive and encouraging comments regarding our hotel and the services we offer. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Guest Services Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza Liverpool - John Lennon Airport? Share your experiences!