We checked out of the hotel this morning (Sunday 28 Oct 2012). The hotel seems pretty good (3/4 star) on first impression. The check-in process was adequate, not ideal but ok.
The room allocated was small, smelt musty and wasnt overly impressive, however the bed was comfy.
The bathroom was tiny for a Crowne Plaza.
Now for the points that back-up my poor rating:
1. The bar was poorly manned, with staff flitting around chatting and more interested in their own drinks than serving.
2. We were allocated a room on the second floor, which we found out at around 10pm (when the music started) was located directly above a function room.
3. At midnight, we tried to call down to reception to find out how long this was going on for, and no one answered!
4. We went down to the reception desk and found an unhelpful attendent, unwilling to help. We asked to check out as we were not prepared to stay any longer. We were told that we would be billed regardless!!
5. The music stopped just after 1am....good thing the clocks went back.
6. We ordered one newspaper and received a completely different one.
7. When we raised this to the reception desk attendent when we left first thing this morning, we were met with a stony inconsiderate response. Not what I would have ever expected from a hotel that has 4 star certificates on its walls.
I could go on, on arrival we found just over half a roll of toilet paper provided? dirty bathroom floor, ironing board not working properly. I have tried to concentrate on the primary function of a hotel room; that of providing a room to sleep in and good service.
Bottom line: The worst Crowne Plaza I've ever stayed in; as a regular business user and priority club points member of considerable status I am appalled that the company still has properties of this standard on its books. I have written to Priority Club already to express my disgust.
I would recommend using one of the numerous other hotels in the immediate area, closer to the airport if this is your requirement, or closer to the city centre if you need this. I will never stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Liverpool - John Lennon Airport Hotel Liverpool
- Crowne Plaza Liverpool - John Lennon Airport Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Liverpool
- Crown Plaza Hotel Liverpool
- Marriott Liverpool
- Liverpool Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our friendly Concierge will greet you on arrival at the hotel, a former Art Deco airport terminal building. Take in the vintage aircraft stationed outside the entrance and step into Crowne Plaza Liverpool-John Lennon Airport's Lobby and lounge, where thousands of fans greeted The Beatles in their 60s heyday. Your sumptuous room or suite awaits, or you can head next door for complimentary use of the facilities at David Lloyd Leisure Centre. Crowne Plaza Liverpool-John Lennon Airport is 1 mile from Liverpool-John Lennon Airport and 1 mile from Liverpool South Parkway rail station, with direct trains to the city centre in 15 minutes. Leave your vehicle in our complimentary car park and stroll 20 minutes to Speke Hall, a gorgeous Tudor manor house nestled in the woods. Meet colleagues or clients at nearby businesses such as Jaguar Cars and Shop Direct, or invite 300 to banquets and conferences in our 12 elegant meeting rooms. Our Art Deco Starways Restaurant backs onto the former runway, and you can order from 24-hour in-room dining. For a stylish base in a convenient location, you'll find that the long and winding road leads to Crowne Plaza Liverpool-John Lennon Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Crowne Plaza Liverpool - John Lennon Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.