Stayed here for two nights, mid Aug. My husband and I were without a car and could walk everywhere we were visiting from here. The hotel room (first floor) was very clean, excellent wifi/ipod connections and tv / film options, chair & desk, tea/coffee, shower/hair gel etc. It is simply decorated, with everything built in or fixed (even the shower gel), a little utilitarian, and unusually, no pictures/art work. The en-suite looks like a train/airplane bathroom, built out of one piece of plastic, a little odd but very new and clean, and the shower is big enough for two. What made it a mixed experience was the groups of young women (a hen 'do'?) and men (football fans?) staying there. Breakfast was particularly noisy (phone conversations), crowded (meeting up after the 'night before' gatherings) and not a pleasant experience - there aren't really enough chairs and tables in the small 'dining' area (I hesitate using that word having first seen it when I arrived being used as a bar - some of the young women arrived for breakfast without any footwear and after finishing my cereal and juice I left the table to go to the cooked breakfast buffet and the table - despite being left with my juice and cutlery laid, was taken by two men in my absence who shrugged their shoulders on my return, leaving me having to share a table as there were no others free. It looked like most guests were clearing their own tables and stacking the trays on the tall trolleys, but it wasn't clear if that was expected or not, some tables that were left uncleared seemed to remain that way for some time before any staff came to clear. As I say... mixed experienced.... wouldn't be keen to return. We booked quite late and didn't get a good deal like I see in other reviews - if I'd have paid a budget price I wouldn't have minded the 'budget hotel' experience so much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ibis Liverpool Centre Albert Dock Hotel is located 5 km from the airport and a 10 min walk from the city centre. With pubs, theatres, historic buildings, nightspots and the Everton FC and Liverpool FC stadia all within the immediate vicinity, the hotel is ideal for weekends as well as longer business or holiday stays. Offers 127 rooms including 5 for guests with limited mobility, a restaurant, a bar offering snacks 24hrs and secure outdoor parking. Business guests will appreciate use of WiFi Internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your ibis Liverpool Centre Albert Dock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Liverpool City Centre Hotel Liverpool
- Accor Liverpool City Centre
- Hotel Ibis Liverpool
- Ibis Hotel Liverpool