Despite the friendly staff and the great location near the Albert Docks, I thought the hotel was disappointing and not good value for money.
The double room was very small, the carpet was stained, and it wasn't very warm (as it was snowing outside the heating was on but the room was still chilly). The en-suite was a large plastic cubicle inside the room, but unfortunately the slide-door was hanging off its hinges and didn't close properly. I was very surprised there was hardly anywhere to put clothes. A very small hanging area was enough for a coat and a few shirts, but there was no chest of drawers and the tiny shelves provided for clothes were too narrow to put a jumper on, for instance.
I was also disappointed that you can't have an iron and ironing board sent up to your room (as is the case at every other hotel I've stayed at). You have to leave a £10 deposit at reception for the right to obtain an iron for use in the ironing room. Presumably they have a lot of customers who steal things - which again is quite off-putting.
I ordered a sandwich late one evening (they have a 24 hour service for snacks like this), but since reception forgot to bring it up I had to go down and ask for it. The hotel shares a foyer and dining area / bar with the £25-a-night Formule 1 hostel which is attached. This seems to be used primarily by stag parties and football fans, so expect noise.
All in all, I was disappointed with the hotel. I wouldn't recommend it, and I wouldn't go back. I've stayed in other IBIS hotels that were much better than this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ibis Liverpool Centre Albert Dock Hotel is located 5 km from the airport and a 10 min walk from the city centre. With pubs, theatres, historic buildings, nightspots and the Everton FC and Liverpool FC stadia all within the immediate vicinity, the hotel is ideal for weekends as well as longer business or holiday stays. Offers 127 rooms including 5 for guests with limited mobility, a restaurant, a bar offering snacks 24hrs and secure outdoor parking. Business guests will appreciate use of WiFi Internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your ibis Liverpool Centre Albert Dock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Liverpool City Centre Hotel Liverpool
- Accor Liverpool City Centre
- Hotel Ibis Liverpool
- Ibis Hotel Liverpool