“Dont stay here!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Antrim Hotel

Antrim Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Liverpool
Antrim Hotel
72 Mount Pleasant, Liverpool L3 5TB, England (Central Liverpool)   |
Ranked #78 of 99 hotels in Liverpool
Leeds
“Dont stay here!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

When we are arrived at the hotel, it seem fine from the outside, although there was only 3 parking spaces available for customers. We were given a family room of 2 double beds. This room was horrible, there red stains and mold all over the ceiling, the front panel had come off the chest of draws, the blankets where extremely worn although the sheets where clean and had recently been changed. We had one curtain attempting to cover part of the window whilst a old blanket was being used as a second.

The window was also a fire escape door which looked like it had not been updated in a very long time. This door was not alarmed and outside had a bowl full of fag ends and a bottle of bud. The stairs here were blocked at the bottom by an old bed so if there was a fire, you would struggle to escape. This yard area was covered in old furniture looking like a tip rather than a hotel.

The bathroom was very dirty and the shower looked like it had not been cleaned for several weeks. Although you did get soap provided.

Overall, I would not recommend anyone to stay in this hotel!!! This room cost us £160 for four people. Look for somewhere else!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

29 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

Never, never stay in this hotel! The room was dirty, had obviously not been renovated since the 1970s and probably not cleaned since the 1980s. It had a musty old smell. The window was also partly broken. When we returned to our hotel that night, we were woken up at 3am by screaming and bellowing from one of the adjacent rooms. It was manic, uncontrolled shouting from a very drunk and obviously mentally disturbed man. We were terrified and put one of the extra beds in front of the door. The screaming went on for ages and there was clearly violence of some kind going on. We heard a loud crash which we afterwards discovered was the man pulling the TV off the wall and throwing it. We hardly slept a wink. After what seemed like hours the noise subsided. When I came downstairs the next morning the man at reception didn't blink an eye and asked me for the full amount of money. I had to point out that we had hardly slept at all because of the noise, and he then knocked some money off. He explained that the man had eventually been taken away by the police. He tried to minimise these events by saying "Oh, it happens every Saturday night." Surely you would think he would say it was totally out of the ordinary! I think the only thing that could possibly recommend this hotel to anyone would be the fact that it has a bar. However we didn't avail of this and afterwards we were very glad we hadn't!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Knottingley, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

i advise anyone not to book into this hotel its absalutaly filthy there was 24 of us what went for my hen do wasnt expecting much cos wouldnt be in our room that much but for 35 pound i expect better than that i wouldnt let my dog sleep in that hotel its that bad it needs shutting down.

• Stayed April 2011
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

I read the reviews on Antrim Hotel which is now called Mount Pleasent Hotel. Me and my four friends stayed in room 2A on 4th Feb 2011 for a hen party. The hotel management are fab, they go the extra mile, e.g. went to shop for us, informed us of local events and good places to eat. The room was large, clean carpets and bedding. Before I went I was really anxious as read the reviews about this hotel but when we got there it was totally the opposite, like I say, clean, friendly and management who are helpful and go the extra mile, would definately stay again. Just to say the hotel is 5 minute walk from town centre.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
derry
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2009

after reading all the reviews posted on here about this hotel i was nervous about staying there last weekend when we were over for a stag party but from the moment we arrived the staff were unbelieveably good to us especially keith the owner the rooms were clean and tidy and we were able to come and go as we pleased. the prces were very reasonable especially the bar prices. dont be put off by small minded people who are obviously snobs

Stayed August 2009
liverpool
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

I Was Put In The Antrim By The Social Services As They Couldnt Find No Were Else For Me to go, I Was Made Up The Had Found Me Some Where To Stay And Was Looking Forward To A Nice Shower And A Good Sleep, When i Arrived I Went Straight To My Room Expecting a Nice Clean Room, But I Got The Oppisite The Sheets Were Filfy And Smelt Like They Hadnt Been Washed For Weeks, The Toilet Was Full Of All Kinds And The Shower Was Broke And Worst Of All the Sink Had About 10 Cocroaches In it ALIVE.
When I Went Out To The Shop I Bumped InTo Some Of The Other Guests, Who Where Screaming At Each Other and Where Also Smoking Weed. They Then Started Fights And I was Stuck In The Middle Of it. i Dicided That Night i Would Rather Sleep On The Streets.

• Stayed June 2009
cumbria uk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2008

we could not get a room anywhere for the night it seemed til we rang the antrim an they had rooms, strange we thought?? as there was a match on an we were told off every hotel they were fully booked!! so thought maybe it werent a smart place. on arrival we were told r rooms werent ready, so we went shopping to pass the time. wen we got back we were told we had a famiy room an a single room! we had booked a double an a twin! we were told we cud have a double once they had kicked some polish guys out at t-time! we decided the 4 of us would just share the family room as it was there mistake not ours so saved £60! when we entered the room i nearly died! the place was fithy, drawers were falling to bits, wardrobe had 1 door hanging on it, shower cubicle was filthy and stunk of damp. staff were never about if u needed something and when they were they were unfriendly! the whole place smelt foisty, a plug in air freshener wouldnt of went a miss!!!! the noise from rooms above kept u awake all night (paper thin) i confronted the manager about the state of the room, he was rude to me an wasnt interested in coming up to the room to look at the state it was in, he turned his back on me an went back into the so called bar area, that was empty and stunk! i definitly would not recommend this hellhole. im no snob im happy with a bed an a shower but hey this place is in desperate need of some tlc!!!!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — everything in it!!!!!!
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Antrim Hotel? Share your experiences!