“Worth it” 4 of 5 stars
Review of YHA Liverpool

You added YHA Liverpool to your Saves list
YHA Liverpool
4.0 of 5 Hostel   |   25 Tabley Street | off Wapping, Liverpool L1 8EE, England (Formerly International Youth Hostel)   |
York, United Kingdom
“Worth it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here on 18th April 2015 for a friends hen do (we are from York). Great idea as there was 11 of us so we got two rooms next door to each other. Great fun with the bunk beds, beds were clean and comfy but only one pillow each. The bathroom was basic but has toliet sink and shower as en suit. Need to take own towels or you can hire one from reception.The reception is smart with welcoming staff. There is a bar at the front which surprised me and they do food 24/7 we didnt eat here though only cos we planned to eat in town. Security is good with perimiter fencing and gate is locked at 11pm with intercom access. Is only a £5 taxi ride to town or it is walkable to town. Will defo stay again if on group event.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here as a family in a private room with an ensuite . Staff were very friendly and helpful. Wifi worked great in the communal area and our room. Bar service was great and enjoyed the use of the tv room. The rooms were spotlessly clean and very comfortable beds . The rooms are a bit tired looking and carpets could do with a clean . Unfortunately we didn't have a great sleep on our 2nd night due to the room above us making too much noise . This wouldn't stop us staying here again on another of our family trips to a city we love. The location is fantastic and near McDonald's for breakfast as cheaper then buying the breakfast .

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We book for one night before liverpool vs newcastle game
The room is big and clean, the staffs was nice. They also guide me to the place to go and how to get there
- 5 minutes walk to albert dock and other museum near there
- 7 minutes walk to liverpool one bus station
- 15 minutes walk to Cavern Club (The Beatles first club performance)

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
YHALiverpoolManager, Manager at YHA Liverpool, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thanks very much for your feedback. I will pass it on to the staff.

Please come and stay again!
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As a group of 16 we needed a good location and well priced rooms! This was exactly that!
We spent a very little amount of time in the room! But it was ideal for what we needed bunk beds were a decent size and rooms were clean! Could do with some new carpets however! Breakfast was included and was great! Reception staff also helpful!

Only negative was the poor shower! You had to dance to get wet and the wall bracket was broken!

Room Tip: Very busy main road outside the hotel! The other side maybe quieter!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Hi,

Thanks very much for the review.

Apologies about the shower- I will look at replacing any broken fittings as soon as I can.

In regards the carpets, we are due some new ones! I can't wait for them to be fitted!

We hope to see you here again.
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was here on a stag weekend. Hostel is in a very good location. Rooms are basic but you get what u pay for. Best feature in the rooms was that all the beds even bunk beds had their own socket and light. Free WiFi too. The staff on reception were the best thing about the hostel, Steve in particular was very helpful with anything we needed. They were very understanding with us on the stag too and put up with a lot of messing. If I was returning on a stag I would stay here and recommend it to friends too.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
YHALiverpoolManager, Manager at YHA Liverpool, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Hi,

Thanks very much for taking the time to leave us a review.

I think you may have drank too much, as we don't have a Steve working here. James, however, I believe would be your man in question mentioned what fun you guys were and were a great stag group!

We'd love to have you again.

Cat
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Would recommend to family and friends. Staff very friendly...... Isn't that what scousers are known for???

Rooms are basic but are clean could do with updating but apart from that everything that I needed. I stayed in a room with a double bed which is a bonus I thought it would be bunk beds :) I did note a hole in the wall, maybe some one could have a look at that? But again no impact on my stay.

I did eat here in the evening, dinner did take a little longer than hoped, but the lady did explain to me that it would do, at least I was told.

Breakfast in the morning, made by Michelle best I have ever had!! Michelle made my stay, she couldn't be anymore helpful than she was. :)

The only draw back was I felt the older gentleman on nights wasn't to helpful (I think his name was ted) felt like I was in his way.

I hope to come back again soon.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Hi, thanks very much for your lovely review.

Michelle will be pleased with the comments about breakfast!

In regards the rooms, we are actually about to have a small renovation of the rooms which should be completed in the next couple of months... so if you come back, hopefully these issues should be fixed!

Thanks again

Cat
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've stayed in this hostel before but returned to stay the night in a grubby and dirty room. The sanitary bin was not emptied, there were stains on the bed sheets which looked generally quite old and a very dirty carpet. Also I know it's a cheap hostel but it would be nice if soap had been provided. All in all I think I'll happily pay more for a clean and fresh room!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
YHALiverpoolManager, Manager at YHA Liverpool, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Hi,

Thanks very much for your review.

I am sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with your room. It would be useful to know which room and exact date it was so that I can look into who cleaned it. You could email me on: liverpoolmanager@yha.org.uk if you would like to pass on that information.

As feedback in the meantime:

The sanitary bins are not emptied by YHA staff, but an external company. I will call them out on their next working day after the bank holiday to empty and replace the bins ASAP.

The bedsheets are sent away to be laundered daily and fresh sheets come in which we make up the beds with. Occasionally we recieve substandard linen back from the company, I will remind the housekeeping staff know that if they find a stained sheet within the delivery to take it off the bed immediately.

In regards the carpets- we are undertaking a renovation project now for the next 3 months and replacing the carpets is top of our list!

Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review- I take them all seriously and will try and ensure this doesn't happen again.

Been to YHA Liverpool? Share your experiences!