“Loved it - yeah, yeah, yeah!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 290 things to do in Liverpool
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: The Holy Grail of The Beatles trail. The place where it truly all began for the greatest music phenomenon of the 20th century.
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Loved it - yeah, yeah, yeah!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

As a lifelong Beatle fan and as I used to have family in Liverpool, I had done much of the Beatles history. However, I had never got around to visiting the Casbah. A fellow fan suggested it and I jumped at the chance. I did wonder about the price when I first saw it but decided it had so much history to it, the cost wasn't important and I wanted to see it. When we walked up the side of the house I did wonder where we were headed and would my friends hold the cost against me! But, once we were in, as other reviewers have said it was like stepping back in time. I had heard about the original artwork done by John and Paul and there it was! Roag's very entertaining tour was brilliant (I always love going to small historical sites and museums which are run by people who know what they are talking about and ooze enthusiasm!) He pointed out where Brian Epstein sat and signed them to become THE Beatles. As one rather nit picking review pointed out, the plastic chairs wouldn't have been there but, the artwork was (including John's etched signature in the ceiling) so I can ignore the plastic chair! So if you are a real fan, visit here before the more commercialised venues.

Tasmania
7 attraction reviews
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This was my second visit to the Casbah and it was just as amazing as the last time I was here. For a Beatles fan such as my self this is the number 1 Beatles attraction in town without a doubt (and I have visited many).
Roag Best was a fantastic guide again and his dynamic and amusing storytelling is really fascinating. It is magical to hear the stories of how the Casbah club was started and how Mona Best supported the Beatles in their early career as well as many other great bands of the time.
I can not recommend visiting here highly enough- a must see in Liverpool

Dallas, Georgia, United States
“Day in the life”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

great atmosphere and nice stop on the tour after a cold rainy tour. Our coffee was dark and delicious and I had Yorkshire tea.

Sussex, UK
“Rated the best of Liverpool by my three boys!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

My three boys ranging from 12 to 16 were so quiet during the tour of the Casbah that I thought something was wrong. As soon as we got out they couldn't stop talking about how amazing it was!! They really enjoyed the stories and felt it was an amazing part of the Beatles History. I can't wait until it is all restored as it is an impressive part of Liverpool's history. Well worth it and I even managed to book this tour two days before we went to Liverpool so call!

Visited February 2012
Orsa, Sweden
21 attraction reviews
“Simply the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Another tour with Roag. Amazing. The real Beatle-experience. Not as "plastic" as other venues. Small, scruffy and marvellous!