“FANTASTIC TOUR” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 129 Activities in Liverpool
More attraction details
Owner description: Hi there, I'm Jackie and I've been a Beatle Fan all my life, and professionally qualified Tour Guide for almost 20 fun filled years. I've been Liverpool's OFFICIAL Beatleguide since 1995. My private tailor made tours are the real deal for disccerning Beatle Fans planning the trip of a lifetime - satisfaction guaranteed. They're not the cheapest, but they are chauffeur driven by my lovely sidekicks so I can give you my full attention. I also offer walking tours & step on guiding for coach companies. The Blue Badge is the top qualification for professional tour guides in the UK, and a guarantee of excellence. Most importantly, I'm a Liverpudlian born and bred, Love Liverpool, Love The Beatles, and would love to share my city with you.
Brewster, New York
4 attraction reviews
“FANTASTIC TOUR”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My wife and I took a tour last year with Jackie when we were on a cruise and it was great. It was so good we decided to go back to Liverpool this year and spend the whole day with her and see other sites we couldn't fit in last years visit. What a great day.

If you have any interest in the Beatles make sure you go on one of Jackie's personal tours. She is the best guide around and you will learn more about the Beatles in one day than you thought was possible.

Thanks Jackie for making our trip back to Liverpool so much fun.

Lynn and Bob Wood
New York

Visited September 2013
beatleguide, Owner at Beatleguides - Jackie Spencer, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Hi Lynn & Bob, was great to meet you both for the second time. You wont be the first 'day tripper' from a cruise ship who loves Liverpool so much that they come back agin (and again...and again) :) WIll try catch up with you on my New York trip in February to commemorate 50 year since the Beatle Invasion, Jackie

Batavia, Illinois
“Beatleguides - Jackie Spencer - Treat Yourself to the Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

To celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary, my wife & I achieved a life-long dream by visiting Liverpool to see the Beatle sites, and we were lucky to find Jackie online to be our guide. It was a personal tour: the two of us, Jackie, and a driver. Jackie's positive spirit, breadth of knowledge, and personal touches all contributed to the best experience we could hope for. If a Beatles' Liverpool tour is as important to you as it was to us, treat yourself to the best... and that's Jackie!

Visited September 2013
Ahhh thank you Ed, I'd be far too modest to say so ha :) I have years of guiding experience, and the top professional qualifications, but far more imprtant than any of that ilove my home town and I love the Beatles and hopefully that shines through. All you need is LOVE!
Vienna, Austria
“She's got a ticket to ride.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

As absolute Beatles fans, close friends and my husband and I visited Liverpool for the first time in 2011 and had the pleasure of enjoying the Beatles "All together now" tour with the great Jackie Spencer (found in Tripadvisor of course - see my review of 2011). Because we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and tour in 2011, we decided to visit Liverpool again for the "International Music Festival" with emphasis on the "Beatles Festival" in August 2013. Of course spending a day with Jackie Spencer was a must! As we'd seen alot of great Beatles locations in Liverpool in 2011 we decided on the tour "Chester, Wirral and Daresbury" she also offers for our 2013 stay. And: she did it again. Not only perfect weather but also a great tour of the Wirral countryside with a visit to the beautiful towns of Chester with its Roman excavations and thatched houses as well as the hometown of Lewis Carroll (Alice in Wonderland) Daresbury. Jackie with er personal touch, as always had Beatles stories, music (and "singalongs") and a few surprises in store for us (I will not reveal these, check them out for yourselves on your next visit). The typical "English countryside", the marvellous pubs, food and friendly people topped off the wonderful day out of "town" with "our" Jackie. Thank you very much luv.... We will certainly be back.

Visited August 2013
Oh my dear Austrian Australian! I love it when we get to go slightly off the Beatle track and my day in the country with you and your man was just wonderful for me too. The sun was shining, the food was good, as was the beer....the company excellent......oh I do love my job :)
NY USA
“Beatleguides - Jackie Spencer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Hey Jackie,

Thanks for your time. It was fun and informative. I would recommend your tour to anyone who wants a more intimate view of Liverpool and Beatle History than any public tour could offer. Much more personable than riding a bus with a bunch of people. Personal service with an intimate guided tour of Liverpool . Well worth it!!! No other way to do a Beatle tour!!

Thanks
Bob and Sue

Visited August 2013
Thanks Bob and Sue, Glad you had a good time in Liverpool, Gotta love our Fab Four for bringing you here :) From me to you, Jackie
Bridport, United Kingdom
“The best you'll get in Liverpool! Trust me I'm a musician.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I am a professional musician and record producer and a VERY hard customer to please! I was dreading a cliche, platitude filled tour with all the recycled stories and anecdotes we get whenever anyone mentions the Beatles and Liverpool. Jackie was amazing! She knows all the places the larger tours can't get to and this combined with her extensive knowledge and attention to detail really brings the Beatles story alive. She places their songs, lyrics and stories in geographical, architectural and biographical context so you are transported into the historical realities of their lives, teenage ambitions, humble origins, family conflicts and eventual global domination. Jackie is obviously well respected and loved by all the characters we met on the tour and it was this personal touch that made it so special. At no point did I feel I was getting herded around on a well worn tourist route. You don't have to be a Beatles fan to enjoy this tour. I'd recommend it to any one who wants to get a feel for the real Liverpool. It's an amazing city full of amazing stories and people and Jackie really does the place justice.

Visited August 2013
Simon, I was so honoured to be involved in your project, and hope a tiny bit of inspiration for that beautiful music came from our tour. Anyone who comes to Liverpool must now try the Lush Spa Beatles Inspired treatment to experience some amazing magic.