“An oasis in a sea of blue and red” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kemps Bistro

Kemps Bistro
Stanley Park, Anfield Road | Isla Gladstone Conservatory, Liverpool L4 0TD, England
0151 263 0363
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #191 of 1,153 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: English, British, Bistro, Family Fare
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
UK
“An oasis in a sea of blue and red”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

If you have never visited Kemps then I suggest you give it a try as it is always a pleasure to eat at this wonderful, relaxed location, in a beautiful old building.

The cooked breakfasts are superb and the porridge with honey and almonds is a meal in itself. The lunchtime menu is varied and the specials give that extra range of choice. The afternoon teas look amazing with posh sandwiches and cakes.
We eat regularly at Kemps and have always found the staff to be helpful and friendly. They even reserve our favourite table when they know we are going. So don't be put off by some of the previous reviews. Go along and find out for yourself and most importantly of all - enjoy your meal!

Kemps B, Manager at Kemps Bistro, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Lynnek49t

Thankyou for your kind review on kemps bistro, we pride ourselves in our service and our food and are very fortunate to be situated in the beautiful surroundings of stanley park. See you again soon lynne

England
“Always reliable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Although I live in south Liverpool Kemp's is always my first choice when friends come to stay because I know we will not be disappointed. Why bother going into the city when Kemp's provides such a varied menu from breakfast onwards, and the food is excellent both in quality and quantity.
The location cannot be beaten, situated in a lovely well cared for park, and the football stadia at each end. Do bring your mum - the afternoon tea is superb!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kemps B, Manager at Kemps Bistro, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Businesswomenr
Thankyou for your kind review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us our afternoon teas are a big hit with everyone!! we look forward to welcome you again.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“The Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Myself and My Son were in your restaurant this morning for a meal. By The Way I Have this type of business in Ireland but on a bigger scale. Your food was absolutely beautiful,can't fault it. I have to say I was not impressed by your staff,no form of welcoming when we entered your premises,she was standing behind the counter,the least she could have said was hello. She took our order,never came down to ask us 1.) was it ok?? 2.) did we want a dessert?? 3.)I had to call her over to get another drink. Was never asked did I enjoy the meal when I was paying, was everything alright. My staff (and I am not being big headed) in my hospitality business in Ireland live on the tips they make,your staff wouldnt live on there tips. Its a shame when the place is so beautiful!! Will be in again to sample your food,Please do something with your staff as you would have a lot more people in if they were nicer. very dissapointed!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kemps B, Manager at Kemps Bistro, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear SH2013
Firstly I would like to appologise for the unsatisfactory visit you had here in Kemps, I can assure you that this is not normal as we pride ourselves in the service we give to all our customers, I am sorry you did not receive this. I would like you and your son to come back and have Lunch with us so you can see the true customer service we provide. Please call phil on 01512630363 and we can arrange this for you.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Satisfaction guarenteed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have visited Kemps Bistro on many occasions & have never been disappointed,

From the Specials Menu with locally sourced produce to porridge with honey & almonds, everything is delicious. If you need a treat the freshly brewed coffee & scrummy cake selection will do the trick.

The dining area is well laid out with different kinds of seating. Tables & chairs for the serious diner or comfy sofa's for more relaxed chats. There are large windows which flood the space with natural light. All is clean & comfortable.

The staff are well turned out & enjoy providing you with an exceptional dining experience.

GO THERE SOON & ENJOY. x

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kemps B, Manager at Kemps Bistro, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear PDone 12355

Thankyou for your kind comments, we pride ourselves in serving only the best local produce here at Kemps. Our specials are changed on a daily basis so you can enjoy different dishes everytime you visit. I will pass on your comments to our staff and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kirkby
“Great food, reasonable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Good friends introduced us to Kemp's Bistro which nestles beneath the impressive and beautifully restored glass house in Stanley Park. We went for lunch and everyone opted for items on the daily specials menu. As it was our friends' third visit this week they noted that the daily specials had indeed changed since their previous visit. My main course was Steak & Black Sheep Ale pie. The other diners chose fish and chips and chille con carne. It's clear that the 20 minutes which elapsed from ordering to delivery of food were well spent. The food was hot, fresh and beautifully presented. The portion sizes were generous for a lunchtime and we certainly won't be needing any supper tonight! As we ate we noticed other dishes passing us which looked equally impressive and inviting - in particular the afternoon tea which, at £14.95 for two people, looked tremendous value - a veritable mountain of sandwiches and pastries. For an extra couple of quid you can start afternoon tea with a glass of Prosecco. All in all a throughly enjoyable experience. Only small gripe is that there's no menu for drinks which meant my wife opting for a default diet cola, whereas if she'd taken time to go and explore the drinks cabinet she'd have found a much more exciting array of soft beverages. But this is the most minor of complaints and the only one that we could think of. Strongly recommended.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kemps B, Manager at Kemps Bistro, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear PastorG
Thankyou very much for taking time to write a review, we are so happy you enjoyed your dining experience with us. We pride ourselves in offering fresh local produce and daily specials along with a varied range of Coffees, Wines and Boutique beers now available. We hope to welcome you and your family and friends back to Kemps very soon.