“Great Hotel with Great Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Liverpool Marriott Hotel City Centre

You added Liverpool Marriott Hotel City Centre to your Saves list
Liverpool Marriott Hotel City Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Queen Square, Liverpool L1 1RH, England (Central Liverpool)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #45 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Cheshire
“Great Hotel with Great Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

I stayed here on Sunday 3rd July for one night. The check-in was so easy; the Reception Staff were very friendly and knowledgeable and had a happy disposition. The room was a good size and the bed was most comfortable. The bathroom was spotless with the usual array of products. The health suite area and pool is a big plus for the Hotel. The breakfast was well received; the Chef was there in the dining area to prepare your eggs in any way you wanted and the buffet style hot food together with fruit juices and cereal would fill anyone. All the Staff were attentive and I hope the Manager gives a 'pat on the back' to all of them who help to make the Marriott City Centre a top class Hotel. I will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Horsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

My partner and I stayed here for just one night, a Saturday. From the moment we checked in to the moment we checked out we could not fault the staff, they were all locals, all loved their city and were very willing to share what they thought were the best parts.
We had a very busy two days and will certainly go back. The location of the hotel is great, easy walking distance to most places and if not there is a bus station outside and plenty of taxis around. The food in the reatauant was lovely and we upgraded our room, for a penthouse room which was pure luxury. We will certainly be back again.
If you want to be shown customer service at its highest standard then try out this hotel, you won't be dissapointed.

Room Tip: Try the penthouse rooms, they are fabulous.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Motherwell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

Just returned from a weekend with family and friends and not only is the hotel beautiful but the staff have to be the friendliest and and most accommodating and I have ever encountered, and I have stayed in 5 star hotels throughout the world. Nothing was a bother to them and we were greeted with smiles and hello's from the minute we came through the door, from reception, concierge and even at breakfast next morning all the staff were exactly the same especially the chef you have to try his omelettes.
Once again I would like to thank all the staff for making our stay perfect, Mr Fletcher you should be so proud of all your staff.
Elizabeth Kavanagh, Motherwell, Scotland.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

my partner and i have just arrived back from a night over in liverpool, we chose to stay in the marriott as we've used them before and know they are usually of a decent standard. On arriving we discoverd that the room hadn't been pain for when i had made the booking on the internet. We hadn't planned for the extra cost, but even though it was my mistake the girl on reception, sharon was very helpfull and even sent a bottle of wine and birthday card up to the room for me. I thought that she couldn't have made more of an effort to make us feel comfortable. The room was ok and the location of the hotel is very good, but it was the staff that really stood out as being the best thing about this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

Stayed here for my 21st with my friends and family on June 18th for two nights.

When we came to check in we had a lovely welcome from one of the girls on check in (sorry I forgot your name!) who was really genuine and friendly. As it was my Birthday I also woke up to find a Birthday card from the front desk which was really thoughtful, so thank you so much :)

The hotel is a minute’s stroll away from the city centre, and you can find the Cavern Club and other venues also a short walk away. Everything was central and therefore had a perfect location.

We had a good size room, with a very comfortable double bed, large TV and the bathroom contained a lovely power shower! Both the room and the hotel was very clean.

Breakfast consisted of a buffet, cereals, pastries, fruit, and a fry up. Plenty of juice and tea and coffee was offered when you were seated. There was also a chef at the counter who was making omelettes and fresh eggs. Even putting a table of eight together was not a problem for the staff, all were friendly and smiling as well, and offered a good service.

We made use of the swimming pool, sauna and Jacuzzi, and there is no need to take your own towels as these are provided for you.

All in all I really enjoyed my stay at the Marriott, and would defiantly recommend it to those looking for a central location in Liverpool. Thank you :)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Hereford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

We stayed the night to meet up with family for a special occasion and the hotel did us proud. The staff were most helpful, informative and friendly. Our room was really clean, nice size and comfortable with more character than many of the chain hotels. The restaurant was pleasent and we enjoyed a top rate breakfast served by smiling staff who went out of their way to be helpful - makes a pleasant change these days! You're right in the City centre - just a short walk from all the sights and action. Would certainly recommend the place and hope to go back some time.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

we have just returned from a weekend stay here--and what a fabulous time we have had. The reception staff and conceirge excellent. Always happy to help. We upgraded to an executive suite--fantastic--however i must confess I stayed here using my saved up tesco clubcard vouchers. The upgrade cost a little more and the car park opposite cost £12 per day--my husband has difficulty walking --and we always plan our stays so he doesn't have too walk far. The Marriott is in the heart of the centre which was good---we did have a few taxis though.(only 1 disabled bay in the car park--not free to blue badge holders )
The room was lovely and clean and lacked nothing, the breakfast plentiful and the service brilliant--I used the gym and swimming pool each day--open from 6am til 11pm
Will stay again given the chance( and if I can save my tesco vouchers again) A very relaxing stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Liverpool Marriott Hotel City Centre? Share your experiences!