“Lovely stay ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Thistle Liverpool City Centre, Atlantic Tower

You added Thistle Liverpool City Centre, Atlantic Tower to your Saves list
Thistle Liverpool City Centre, Atlantic Tower
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Chapel Street, Liverpool L3 9RE, England (Central Liverpool)   |
Ranked #41 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely stay ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed here last weekend for our Christmas party night the staff on the front desk where very polite and helpful. Our room (915) was clean, comfortable and the view was lovely. The night was fun and breakfast was good we both had a lovely stay, thanks

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Indonesian first
Llangristiolus, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Have just had a one night stay at the Thistle Liverpool having been to see John Bishop at the Echo.Such a friendly check in.Had a lovely room with a nice view .Breakfast ,for £10 each ,was well worth it .Food lovely and fresh ,and such pleasant staff.Parking great,secure and a minutes walk from hotel .Booking out efficient and again friendly.Will definately book this hotel again .10 minute walk from Echo arena ,and 5 minute walk to shops.

Room Tip: We had a nice view of sea and port but being on the road side meant we had a little bit of traffic n...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
lancashire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I do not think that the hotel was worth the £210 I paid for two nights. I booked it as a surprise for a present and thought that by booking the executive room with 'views' that perhaps we would avoid the disappointment some people had with their rooms.
Even though the rooms were decorated nicely, on inspection it was clear to see that there were scuff marks on the walls and two of the lamp shades were broken. This did not bother me too much.
However, what did bother me was how absolutely FREEZING the room was. It only had single glazing and the heating system in the room was terrible, we had the fan on full and heat on 30 degrees yet the heat never seemed to reach the bed. on the Sunday we went back to the room at around 2o'clock and we had to get under the sheets because it was just too cold to sit on the seats or on top of the bed. Both mornings when we woke up the windows were full of condensation and it was literally pouring down the widows. As some people mentioned you could hear the road- but you have booked a hotel room in the centre of Liverpool and should expect that it isn't going to be a silent night! Again, I am not complaining about the noise of the traffic, it simply didn't bother me.
The staff member who booked us in could do with a course on how to smile and welcome customers. If it was a cheap hotel then I wouldn't be bothered how I was greeted, but at the price I paid I expected a little warmth off her.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Bath
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Have stated in a couple of Thistle properties in London. They have all been refurbished and offer a good contemporary hotel experience. I assumed this had been rolled out across the group. Sadly this is not the case and the Atlantic Tower is dated and very much in need of some TLC.

The rooms we had were ok but housekeeping was not great. Beds were uncomfortable. Facilities in room were functional.

Generally staff were pleasant apart from the barman who needs a lot of training. Ordered a glass of champagne then told it would be 10 mins as he had to chill it in the freezer. When we said to cancel it he said he could not as he had already charged it and did not know how to cancel it!

Would not stay again.

Stayed December 2014
Oxford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Visited Liverpool for the first time, and enjoyed my stay thoroughly. The hotel was clean, comfortable, all the staff i met were pleasant and eager to help. Can't fault it. Our room 1014 had a great view of the Liver Building and the Mersey. About a 20 minute walk to the town centre.Big Thank You All..

Room Tip: Ask for one which has a great view of theLiver Building
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Rotherham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Fantastic location, great view over the Mersey.Comfortable room, although the heating was hard to control and noisy, no touch pad easy to read thermos control, just some old fashioned hand held zapper!Not great for Thistle Hotels.Restaurant menu was standard, although the cheese and biscuits was lacking in hard cheeses and was also lacking on biscuits!The staff were friendly and efficient, however you need to have a better monitoring system on Friday /Saturday nights when the party goers arrive back between 1am and 6.30 am, drunk, loud and irritating!
Thistle Hotels should do better....Premier Inn do !

Room Tip: Ask to be away from potential "lads"groups.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Nikki P, Guest Relations Manager at Thistle Liverpool City Centre, Atlantic Tower, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Dave W

Thank you for writing a review on Tripadvisor. Whilst I am pleased you liked the hotel location, bedroom and views. I am sorry you found the heating control cumbersome. Housekeeping do t check and set themperature in each room, for comfort on arrival but in light of your comments maintenance will take action to improve. I have also passed your comments regarding your cheese to the F & B team and they would like to be associated with my apologies for the lapse in standards and will review procedures.

I do sympathise with being disturbed from late night Christmas revellers. We do have personnel patrolling the hotel through out the night and signage is located near bedrooms requesting consideration for fellow guests. However many people book individually ,online and we are not always aware that they are in groups. At this time of year the reality is most hotels will experience some noise from party revellers, this isn't the norm and where possible we do allocate rooms to minimise disruption. I do hope we can welcome you back in the future and restore your faith in Thistle Liverpool.

Best regards

Nikki Palmer
Relationship Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My friend and I were booked into the Thistle for 5 days during a business trip to the city. We had a twin room each on the 7th floor with amazing views over the River Mersey. (715 is a better view than 722). It is about a 15-20 minute walk to the shopping precinct Liverpool One. We stayed on a bed & breakfast basis and the breakfast is a buffet with plenty of choice. Very pleasant and helpful staff. The lady on reception gave us a map
So we could find the nearest Wetherspoons. The only let down of the hotel is it is only single glazed and is on a busy main road when you can hear traffic from 6am. I would not hesitate to stay again though if I were to visit the city again in the future.

• Stayed December 2014
Dear Lynne0670

I am delighted to read you had a great time at the hotel whilst on your 5 day business trip to the city. We are ideally placed for exploring the city centre and I am glad you enjoyed the views and the breakfast buffet and found the team were pleasant and helpful with all your requests. I am so happy you would choose the Thistle Liverpool again for future stays. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Best regards

Nikki Palmer
Relationship Manager

Been to Thistle Liverpool City Centre, Atlantic Tower? Share your experiences!