“Friendly service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Thistle Liverpool City Centre, Atlantic Tower

Save Saved
You added Thistle Liverpool City Centre, Atlantic Tower to your Saves list
Thistle Liverpool City Centre, Atlantic Tower
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Chapel Street, Liverpool L3 9RE, England (Central Liverpool)   |
Ranked #41 of 99 hotels in Liverpool
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Couldn't fault the service and friendliness of restaurant staff. Room was quite small but recently refurbished. Interconnecting door meant you could hear everything next door but luckily didn't have noisy neighbours. Restaurant area had been upgraded with great views of the Mersey. Food was much better than expecting. Hotel car park quite small and just round the corner from the hotel but we managed to get a space.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
ABR1, General Manager at Thistle Liverpool City Centre, Atlantic Tower, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Anita1967,

Thanks for your review, and delighted you found the hotel so much to your liking.

Hope to see you back again soon.

901 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
Swindon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Stayed here with a large party of people, don't be put off by the outer appearance inside is much better. The bars and restaurant face the Mersey and although expensive are well looked after. The rooms, which we had at an excellent rate, are not tired and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was clean and the shower excellent. Breakfast was also really good and included in our room rate. I'd definitely recommend this hotel and be happy to stay again, the staff are excellent and the customer service is brilliant. Worth a try!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Christian A,

Thank you so much for the kind review, and hope to see you back in the hotel soon,

Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Great hotel overlooking the Liver building and Liverpool Docks! Rooms are a good size, not massive but comfortable. I had a great room overlooking the Liver building! Some colleagues complained of traffic noises from the streets below the hotel - I couldn't hear anything! Breakfast was good, the buffet was hot and replenished often! Again the restaurant has great views, along with most public rooms in the hotel. Parking is a short walk from the hotel - not great in the rain! I would definately stay here again!

Room Tip: Request a front facing room if possible!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Lloyd1025 ,

Thanks for your kind review which is much appreciated, and I am delighted that you had such a good stay!
Hope to see you back in Liverpool soon,

Tyne and Wear
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for three nights last weekend. Room was a good size with a fantastic view and was of a good standard. However, our room was located in the middle of a stag party on the Friday night; this party left on Saturday morning, only to be replaced by a hen party on the Saturday night. On both nights we were woken up at around 2 a.m. with much shouting and knocking loudly on room doors; this ritual went on for at least 2 hours each time, resulting in very little sleep.This type of behaviour is not something we would expect in a four star hotel. Consequently, our "leisure" break was far from relaxing. We noticed that there were a number of single sex groups staying at the hotel, so it is obviously a popular choice for hen/stag parties. Wished we had known this before we had booked as we would definitely have looked at other options in this price bracket.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JeanTyneandWear,

Many thanks for your review, and sorry you found the noise from other guests to be a problem. We do have procedures in place to manage noise from guests as quickly as possible, and whilst we do welcome a small number of stag or hen guests to the hotel, we do endeavour to manage this to ensure minimal disruption to other guests. Liverpool is a rather popular City for weekends away to party and in many cases groups come to us which do not identify themselves as such.
Your feedback is much appreciated and I hope that you would return agauin to see that your experience was not typical.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I took my new girlfriend and her parents to a Faulty Towers Theme Night at the hotel, which included a 3 course meal and a 2 hour show. The whole evening earned me incredible brownie points - the service was fantastic, the show was faultless and the facilities at the Atlantic Tower, including the newly refurbished restaurant, were excellent.

The plush restaurant offered sublime comfort and style, and the flawless service tied in perfectly with the comedy onslaught of the cast. The food was delicious and well presented, and the the location the price was more than reasonable.

When the show finished, we went to the upstairs terrace bar, where the views were absolutely brilliant. The balcony offers a superb view over the river Mersey and the Liver Buildings. I would highly recommend the hotel to family and friends as a great venue.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jamie L,

Thank you for your great feedback. The faulty towers was a different venture for us and a great launch for our newly refurbished Vista Bar and restaurant, so I am so pleased that it proved such a good night!

Thanks for spreading the word online and hope to see you back at the hotel again soon,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The room here was pretty standard...Comfortable and clean but nothing special. I had dinner booked with my room and headed to the restaurant, the staff were friendly (although as a 30something I strugle with being called madam but there are few alternatives!) and the food was both fast and tasty. I'd be happy to stay here again in future.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear twistedbarbie,

Glad you had a good stay and enjoyed the food and the room. I hear your comments on the use of "madam" which does seem a little old fashioned these days and will share it with the team.
Hope to see you back again soon,.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed at the Thistle for a friends birthday for two nights. Nice, clean and central hotel. My husband and I stopped in room 702.
On returning home, I discovered I had left two items of clothing in the wardrobe.
I e-mailed the Thistle group and explained what had happened and asked if they could let me know.
I never received a reply.
Today I have just received them through the post!
I really thought that I would have to pay for the postage, before receiving them, so I would like to say a big THANK YOU to the staff for sending them on to me. I really appreciate what you have done.
I would definitely stay here again.
Once again thank you
Regards
Irene Sage

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
ABR1, General Manager at Thistle Liverpool City Centre, Atlantic Tower, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear raine8,

Thanks for your comments, and I am pleased you have now received you lost property. Apologie4s for the lack of contact, though I believe the housekeeping team had tried to get through. I have discussed this with the team to ensure communication lines remain open until property is confirmed as received.
Glad all ended well and hope to see you back at the hotel soon,

Alistair Risk

Been to Thistle Liverpool City Centre, Atlantic Tower? Share your experiences!