“Great location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Thistle Liverpool City Centre, Atlantic Tower

Save Saved
You added Thistle Liverpool City Centre, Atlantic Tower to your Saves list
Thistle Liverpool City Centre, Atlantic Tower
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Chapel Street, Liverpool L3 9RE, England (Central Liverpool)   |
Ranked #41 of 100 Hotels in Liverpool
London, United Kingdom
“Great location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My fourth visit as good location and rooms have great views, bathrooms are being refurbished old ones are poor. Main restaurant being refurbished however catering staff inattentive in the bar and restaurant so we went out for evening meal. Breakfast was ok. Will be back

Room Tip: Go for higher floors
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ABR1, General Manager at Thistle Liverpool City Centre, Atlantic Tower, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear William1974603,

Thanks for your review. I am glad to note you will be back, but do note your comment regarding inattentive catering staff, and I will be sure to follow this up. We do pride ourselves on having a very friendly and helpful team, so I appreciate your comments and will quickly follow them up.
Hope to see you back in Liverpool soon.

With best regards,

Alistair Risk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
Bacup, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This hotel is not as nice as it sounds in the bumf. I stayed for 2 nights while attending a conference. Bearable but I wouldn't rush back. Very over priced. Room on the 7th floor, dirty windows didn't open, I felt shut in. Furnishings dated. Room cleaning not to standard for an AA 4 star hotel. Bathroom not cleaned at all while I was occupying it. Stains on carpet, crumbs under chairs ignored. Hospitality tray not cleaned. Thin walls and doors, you can hear ALL activities in rooms. I was kept awake till 3am by next door's TV. Dirty tablecloth, breakfast bacon rock hard. Breakfast room staff friendly. Despite the nice entrance area I felt like I was staying in a dirt cheap B and B in Blackpool with the users these places attract. Liverpool is a brill city, plenty of hotels - I've never had problems with Premier Inn. Hotel location was close to Liver Building so a few minutes walk got you to the dock area. Much though I like the sound of church bells they were very close, and a couple of hours of them (Thursday evening) enough was enough.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel! Avoid side nearest the church unless you like loud bell ringing. Unless you g...
Dear 826ScareyMary826,

Thanks for taking the time to post your review, and I am sorry to read that you had such a disappointing experience.
The 7th floor was refurbished in 2012, so should present very well. I am concerned that your bathroom may not have been serviced during your stay, and will follow up with the Housekeeping team.
With best regards,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel but do not stay here if u want a lie in and u no your guna b rough next day as we stayed here for 2 nights n didn't have a lie in the bells in the church were goin on Saturday from 10-12!!!!!!!! Then Sunday from 8-30-10 wouldn't stay here again!!!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Charl03,

Thanks for the brief review. Glad you found the hotel to be a nice place, and sorry that you were disturbed by the Church Bells!

They have helped many a late night reveller make their trains and planes over the years, and do have a certain charm!

We can allocate quieter room’s at the rear of the building if requested, but you miss the great Views.

Hope to see you back soon!

Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

My room was large and really great.
The windows were just like being at the bridge of a tall liner
(Room 715) with a magnificent view of the Mersey by night.
The staff were very helpful. Particularly reception and concierge
Break fast at 8 am was adequate and very good quality. Not many guests in at that time
Staff were helpful except for coffee top up. And a kind act of bringing me my toast from the machine but it was well overdone
One annoying thing was a member of staff knew a table of guests and disturbed with an over loud raucous chat broad cast to the whole room
Apart from the wee blips I can't wait for an excuse to come back and I have no hesitation in recc

Room Tip: Face Mersey Go high great lifts
Dear SydGraham,

Thanks for your online review and for the overall positive feedback. I do note the point regarding the loud member of staff, and whilst I am keen that the team are able to engage with our guests, I will follow up on your point.
As for an excuse to return, Liverpool has so much to offer that no excuse is really necessary!
Hope to see you back soon!

Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights whilst attending a conference at bt centre in the docks. I will definitely be back! The location could not be more perfect for sightseeing. The rooms are perfect and have everything you need - one small complaint was that the bathroom sink had a large crack in it but this did not bother me. Unfortunately we had a issue with our food order in the bar area but this was sorted out extremely well by the manager and I cannot really fault the food, only the time for service. I appreciate that refurbishment is being in taken and their were signs everywhere so I am sure this will be sorted out soon.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Frost3,

Many thanks for your overall positive review. I do note your comments regarding the sink and the delay in service in the bar though.
Whilst the refurbishment does present a few logistical challenges, I am keen to ensure that it doesn’t negatively impact on the guests stay whilst it is going on, so I really appreciate you mentioning this and will of course follow up with the team.
Hope to see you back in the hotel soon,

Runcorn, Cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We stayed at the hotel as part of an evening out at Liverpool Echo Arena. We arrived too early to check in but our bags were stored so we could explore the city.

We had booked a meal as part of the stay but the restaurant opened too late for us to book a meal. The receptionist arranged for us to have a meal in the bar at an earlier time. The restaurant manager phoned us later in the day to advise that they would open the restaurant early for us so we could enjoy our meal in a more ambient setting. The food was outstanding, five star.

The restaurant staff were superb and can't rate them highly enough. A big well done to Keith the restaurant manager for making our stay really special.

We actually had a suite which was beautiful and the facilities were lovely.

One of the nicest and friendliest hotels we've ever stayed at and would recommend highly.

Room Tip: Try and get a special offer for an upgrade, well worth it!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear kimr0lls,

Thank you for your very kind review! Keith and his team are very pleased with your feedback, as am I.
I really appreciate you spreading the word on line, and hope to see you back in the hotel soon.

West Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night Monday 11th February 2013 for the Liverpool Match. Staff very welcoming and friendly. Room clean and big enough for 1 night, loved the view. Excellent breakfast and very friendly waiting staff.

Would stay here again when in Liverpool.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ABR1, General Manager at Thistle Liverpool City Centre, Atlantic Tower, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear WestYorkshireRainbow,

Thanks so much for your review, which is short but sweet!
Glad you had a good stay. Most guests in the hotel that night who were attending the match were Travelling Liverpool supporters, so odds on you didn’t get the result you were hoping for. I am pleased at least we managed to make your visit a positive one.

Alistair Risk

Been to Thistle Liverpool City Centre, Atlantic Tower? Share your experiences!