Stayed here around 25th January, the hotel is ok but if staying in Liverpool we would look at other places before hand.
Reception / lobby area very nice, warm and welcoming as well as the reception staff.
The first room we were given (room 1107) was big, but as soon as we got out the lift the smell of gloss paint hit you in the corridor, this continued into the room itself which had also been repainted, at first we thought it may of been refurbished, but upon entering the room it was evident that it had not been, as with a lot of the hotel its furnished with very busy gaudy carpets / patterns that appear to give a very dated feel.
The room was freezing cold, due to the very large single pained glass window, their was climate control in the room, we went out and shut the curtains to keep some heat in but upon returning the room was still freezing cold and the smell of paint would of given you a bad head if we had of slept in the room.
Our next room was more of our expectant standards (room 910) - neutrally decorated but far far smaller than room 1107 with what we thought was a 3/4 bed which again was much smaller, it was clean and comfortable.
The bar area we felt should of been in the lobby area of the hotel to give the place some atmosphere, the bar area on the 2nd floor lacked atmosphere, felt cold and was far too bright, it dd not give the feel of a 4 star hotel and the furniture was uncomfortable, it gave the feeling of been in a working mens club rather than a hotel bar.
All in all, great location, good staff, but perhaps just not for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Following significant recent refurbishment, the hotel is looking fantastic. Amazing views across the River Mersey and the City of Liverpool. Enjoy a drink in our new Vu Bar and Terrace or visit the Vista Restaurant and Bar for a mouth-watering dinner. We offer 24 hour room service and car parking is available in our own car park or at the NCP next door. Free High speed WIFI is also available throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Booking.com so you can book your Thistle Liverpool City Centre, Atlantic Tower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Tower, Liverpool Hotel Liverpool
- Atlantic Hotel By Thistle Liverpool
- Thistle Hotel Liverpool
- Thistle Liverpool