We Stayed here at the Atlantic hotel on new years eve and found it great! But what i will say before we start is that we got a great deal on lateroom.com we booked a week prior and paid a total of £68 inc 2 breakfast for a standard double. To do this through the hotels own website it would be over £160. So make sure you shop around, i wouldn't have paid their prices.
But because we got it so cheap it was fantastic value and loved it there. We arrived at 2pm checked in and went up to our room. It was quite small but very acceptable for a short stay. We found it very clean with tea and coffee making facilities, large tv with free view, decent beds with good quality bedding and a nice view of the Liver building and the river. Bathroom again very clean with large towels just how you would expect in a 4* hotel good sized bath and powerful shower.
We ate twice at the hotel on our stay, once before we went out, we had pizza in the bar it was quite dear at £12.95 but is was of a good pizzeria quality so we didn't mind, it was very good actually. Drinks are pricey though i think it worked out at about £9 for a Archers and lemonade and a bottle of Corona, but we wernt stopping anyway.
The second time was at breakfast which they held slightly later for new years morning which i did appreciate 9-12 instead of 8-10. Very good selection for cereal, fresh fruit and juices. Hot section, is full English all of this is buffet style, and delicious, tea and coffee is served by the waitress but there's no limit.
All in all a very good stay and well within walking distance the nicer bars and restaurants in town, Echo arena, Albert dock, Mathew Street and Liverpool one also. We definitely would stay again if we could get a similar price, even up to £120 it would have been worth it in my opinion.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Tower, Liverpool Hotel Liverpool
- Atlantic Tower, Liverpool Hotel
- Atlantic Hotel By Thistle Liverpool
- Thistle Hotel Liverpool
- Thistle Liverpool
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Following significant recent refurbishment, the hotel is looking fantastic. Amazing views across the River Mersey and the City of Liverpool. Enjoy a drink in our new Vu Bar and Terrace or visit the Vista Restaurant and Bar for a mouth-watering dinner. We offer 24 hour room service and car parking is available in our own car park or at the NCP next door. Free High speed WIFI is also available throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Olotels, Otel, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Thistle Liverpool City Centre, Atlantic Tower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.