I stayed her on the 13th and 14th of October 2012.In essence it was just for two nights and provided very comfortable accommodation whilst I was in the City competing in the Liverpool marathon. The hotel was built in 1972 and had it’s last major renovation in 2007. It still looks clean and tidy though the décor in the lobby could be changed to lighten things up a bit.
The lobby is given over to a reception area to the left as you enter the hotel with a lounge area and open plan bar to the right.
There are elevators to all the guest floors and these are speedy and comfortable. The main bar is on the first floor and offers views out over the city and the river.
The rooms are modern, clean and comfortable with all the usual facilities – tea\coffee, TV, wardrobe space, Ironing board, etc. Each room has it’s own air con unit thus allowing reasonably good control over the temperature, etc in the room. Unfortunately the air con in my room wasn’t working but given I was only making a short stay it didn’t really matter. On another occasion I’d have telephoned the maintenance guy! The rooms are serviced every day and nothing seems to be too much trouble for the maids. Extra towels,etc.
The hotel is in a good location – close to the Pier Head, Albert Dock , Mersey Ferries, and Museums. It’s also in a good position for easy access to the City, historical buildings and city centre shops. Oh and regional and mainline trains. Point to note – getting across the ‘Dock Road’ is a major exercise. Use the pedestrian crossings – don’t be tempted to ‘wing it’ and cross quickly somewhere. Not sure if there’s supposed to be a speed limit on this road but it’s a race track!
All in all this seems like a good hotel – which I would certainly consider if I was in Liverpool again – even though my room wasn’t ready when I arrived and I had to have a moan. Don’t let that out you off though – this place is OK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Following significant recent refurbishment, the hotel is looking fantastic. Amazing views across the River Mersey and the City of Liverpool. Enjoy a drink in our new Vu Bar and Terrace or visit the Vista Restaurant and Bar for a mouth-watering dinner. We offer 24 hour room service and car parking is available in our own car park or at the NCP next door. Free High speed WIFI is also available throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Thistle Liverpool City Centre, Atlantic Tower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Tower, Liverpool Hotel Liverpool
- Atlantic Hotel By Thistle Liverpool
- Thistle Hotel Liverpool
- Thistle Liverpool