“Will definitely be returning.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Thistle Liverpool City Centre, Atlantic Tower

You added Thistle Liverpool City Centre, Atlantic Tower to your Saves list
Thistle Liverpool City Centre, Atlantic Tower
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Chapel Street, Liverpool L3 9RE, England (Central Liverpool)   |
Ranked #41 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Dublin, Ireland
“Will definitely be returning.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Went over to Liverpool for a long weekend away with my other half and I'd heard reviews of the views the hotel had so made sure to request a room with a good view when booking. When we got into the room I was absolutely astounded by the views. Brilliant room, albeit a tad on the small side. Very clean, lovely big bed, excellent facilities and the view really just made it. Apart from the miserable weather this weekend we really loved our stay. Will definitely be back.
Also the young girl on reception when we checked in on Friday night couldn't have been more friendly and welcoming. A credit to the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask specifically for a room with a view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
ABR1, General Manager at Thistle Liverpool City Centre, Atlantic Tower, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear lola_star2,

Thank you so much for your very favourable review. My team and I are greatly encouraged by your comments.
Hope to see you back again soon,

Alistair Risk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
  • Indonesian first
Downpatrick, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed in the liverpool tower on our way to Lisbon it was a very nice hotel food was very good the panoramic views over liverpool from our room were spectacular .would go back again liver pool was a great place loads to see and do

Room Tip: front rooms
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear downman1948,

Thanks for your kind review which was short but sweet!
Delighted you enjoyed the hotel, and I agree that Liverpool is a great City and well worth a visit!
Hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I have stayed here a number of times on business and have always had a pleasant stay.
Reception has always been neat and efficient (though perhaps more businesslike than friendly and welcoming).
Parking is a little awkward. If you arrive late, then you can park in the multistorey next-door out the back, but because there is no direct connection to the foyer, you will have to lug your heavy bags around 3 sides of the city block. Or you can take a chance by leaving your car in one of the nearby 'waste site open air' car parks overnight (after carefully removing your laptop and all valuables) - but be aware that their charging regime starts very early in the morning and if you are late you could end up with a ticket.
Location is otherwise OK and its only a skip and a jump to the Albert Dock.
The real knock-out is the view if you get the right room. Ones that overlook the floodlit church next door and the floodlit Liver Building are SPECTACULAR.
Rooms can be very oddly shaped (triangular) and this means that they can seem a little small and cramped.
Otherwise the rooms are clean and perfectly servicable throughout -no complaints there.
If you want to mix with the locals, there is a very friendly pub just across the street where the staff and locals are very happy to tell you about why they love their city.
Would I use this hotel again? I do- regularly.

Room Tip: A room with a view of the floodlit church and Liver Building will take your breath away!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ravenser,

Thanks for taking the time to post your review; I am pleased that you are a regular stayer! I guess we are somewhat unique in our set up here at the Atlantic Tower, so I will take the "Slightly eccentric" as a positive!
Look forward to seeing you again soon in .2013, when we celebrate our 40th Anniversary with a floor of refurbishment and an upgrade to our restaurant and bar areas.!

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I booked directly and was given the choice of a smoking room which I accepted.
When I arrived the receptionist was robotic and abrupt.
She told me there was no smoking in any of the rooms and if I had to smoke I was to stand outside. O.K but just be more customer friendly about it please. I smoke and it's not a crime...yet.
The room was cold and there was no extra blanket. That would have helped in mid winter.
I didn't want to approach the mechanical receptionist for help. My view was an office block.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear rockinggranny,

Thanks for taking the time to post your review.
I am sorry to note that the receptionist did not handle your arrival and room allocation well.
We are in the process of changing our smoking rooms to non smoking, officially from the point of refurbishment which takes place in January of 2013. In the meantime we have been trying to prevent the rooms from being used as smoking to give the best opportunity to remove any "smoking" odours. This may have led to some confusion with regards to the booking. I will of course follow up regarding how the matter was handled. So often on these pages my team are mentioned very favourably in terms of their Guest service skills and their friendly approach, so I am disappointed that you were not met with the same.
I do hope you will return to the hotel in future, and look forward to welcoming you back!

General manager
Birmingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Enjoyed our stay here. The room was a decent size and very clean.
Check in was slow but not the staff's fault as their system was down.
During the evening there was a problem with the electricity in our room, so we had to move. The staff were very helpful and apologetic - they even got us another 'corner' room, which was lovely.
Great location, 10 minute walk from Albert Dock.
Only negative was having to go to the bar to get more tea-bags and milk. Not ideal on a Friday evening, plus there was only one poor girl serving!
Would definitely stay here again at a good price.

Room Tip: Ask for a 'corner room' overlooking the dock - lovely
Dear Duet4123,

Thanks for your kind overall review, though it does look a little generous considering the couple of issues you highlighted.
I will be sure to follow up on your comments.
I am however, delighted that the overall experience was good enough for you to see past them and give us a good overall rating.
Many thanks and hope to see you back at the hotel soon,

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night as we were attending a function at the hotel. The hotel was very clean, the room was nice (a bit small and the bathroom was tiny - but it was fine), the staff were very friendly and the breakfast was lovely. My only complaint was that they didn't appear to be serving food in the lobby area during the afternoon, even though there were menus on the tables.
All in all good value (£95 b&b) and a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 10th floor - they have been refurbished and there is no traffic noise.
Dear Ladybradycoen,

Thank you for your kind comments! No complaints at all is always a good place to start, and I am pleased that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful.
I note your comments regarding the Lobby service. We do tend to alternate the service areas, depending on what is happening in the hotel, but your point regarding the menus being on the tables is a valid one, and I will ensure that it is acted upon.

Many thanks and hope to see you back at the hotel soon.

Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed for one night after Xmas shopping,room was excellent fabulous views and staff in the Restaurant were so friendly and helpful we will definatly stay again,we both really enjoyed it.
Breakfast was excellent too.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 10th floor overlooking The Mersey,views were amazing.
Dear Elaine M,

Thank you for your kind review, which is much appreciated.
I really appreciate you spreading the word on line.
Hope to see you back again soon,

General manager

Been to Thistle Liverpool City Centre, Atlantic Tower? Share your experiences!