“Great hotel.....comfortable,clean and friendly.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Thistle Liverpool City Centre, Atlantic Tower

You added Thistle Liverpool City Centre, Atlantic Tower to your Saves list
Thistle Liverpool City Centre, Atlantic Tower
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Chapel Street, Liverpool L3 9RE, England (Central Liverpool)   |
Ranked #35 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Coventry
“Great hotel.....comfortable,clean and friendly.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Nice room....nice hotel. Well positioned to walk to all the great sites in the area. Over the road from the Albert Docks and the Liver building. Liverpool is such a fantastic place....The whole weekend we spent there was magical. The breakfast's at this Hotel are up there with the best.
Would stay there again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Request a view of the Mersey.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thistlehotels, General Manager at Thistle Liverpool City Centre, Atlantic Tower, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Dear nickfire Coventry,

Thank you so much for your lovely comments. Delighted you enjoyed your stay and the great things that Liverpool has to offer. I really appreciate you spreading the word on line and hope to see you on your next trip to this great City of ours.

Best regards,

Alistair

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
  • Indonesian first
Ukunda, Kenya
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

I have been working in Liverpool for the past month and have enjoyed stayes at the Jurry's Inn and Hampton by Hilton which were really plesant.I was booked into the Atlantic Tower for a week by my company as most of the hotels in Liverpool were full.I remembered staying here on a stag do 18 months ago and It was bad,however after looking at the website I was relieved to see it had a renovated since.When I checked in at 10.30pm I relised it was even worse than I remembered and I could not see were the changes to the hotel and rooms were.I checked out the following morning as quick as I could.All I ask for in a hotel and hotel room is that it is clean, this place was FILTHY and RUN DOWN.

My advice to anyone thinking of staying her is PLEASE DONT!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
ABR1, Public Relations Manager at Thistle Liverpool City Centre, Atlantic Tower, responded to this review, March 9, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post your review on line, and I am sorry to hear your stay was not to your satisfaction. I cannot establish which room you stayed in from your review, however, I am sorry that you did not find it clean and up to standard, if you could contact me directly so I could establish your room number and what the actual problem was this would help me moving forward to make sure this doesn’t happen again.

Worcester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

Me and my wife stayed for one night at the Atlantic Tower for our break in Liverpool. We arrived early on the Friday Morning about 9am, check in was not till 2pm, however on checking in at reception they found us a room straight away without having to wait, which was really good of them.

The room itself was comfortable and clean, it had plenty of room and ironing board and iron at hand to use. The bed was firm, however as it wasnt fixed to the head rest against the wall, everytime you sat up in the bed to read a book or watch the tv the bed moved away from the wall creating a gap for you to fall into. The rooms were also a little tired in their appearence, however the view from the room was brilliant could see the liver building in full view and right across the Mersey helped by the fact we were on the 11th floor. The shower was also nice and powerful, which woke you up in the morning.

The breakfast in the morning was good, lots of selection from the usual fried breakfast options, to pastries, cheeses and ham. However, the best thing about the breakfast was the staff, really nice and welcoming as soon as you walked in until you left, quick to serve you coffee as soon as you sat down and take away your plates.

I drove up to Liverpool, so needed to utilise the parking I parked next to the hotel in a NCP multistorey car park. It was right by the hotel and for 24 hours cost £12. Which is neither cheap or expensive, however if your parking for a few days it would mount up. The location of the hotel to attractions round Liverpool is great. Everything is easily walkable, closest are the Albert Docks and Cavern Quarter, which we both went to.

The price of the room with breakfast for one night was £120, I think thats a little expensive, however the going rate. We managed to use Tesco Vouchers as it is part of the Thistle group, so for us it cost £30 in tesco vouchers, which is amazing value.

This a good hotel and would stay happily again.

Room Tip: Request a room high up and overlooking the mersey
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
ABR1, Guest Relations Manager at Thistle Liverpool City Centre, Atlantic Tower, responded to this review, March 9, 2012
Thank you so much for such a kind review!
It really is much appreciated and I hope to see you in Liverpool again soon
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

Myself and husband spend one night at the Atlantic Tower Hotel in Chapel Street Liverpool for my birthday in February 2012. It was a very pleasant break. A very appealing hotel and nice feel to it when you walked in. We arrived at about 5 p.m. on a Friday. There was no queue and we were attended to immediately and very pleasantly, by a young lady who we understood perfectly. (Sometimes overseas accents can be hard to understand). The room was ready and very nice. I had used the winter offer and upgraded to the executive suite which cost me £85. Although very pleasant with a view of the Mersey I'm glad I hadn't paid the full price. It was all very clean, though both, large mirrors needed dusting. The bathroom was cramped and the door needed to be closed in order to get past it and to the toilet. There was plenty of storage, a TV and tea and coffee making facilities, though we didn't find them until we were leaving the next morning and then there were no cups. We bought coffee from the Vue bar at about 1.30 on the Saturday morning after a very good evening out, around Liverpool. The bar was relaxed and the coffee cost about £6 for a large pot which gave 2 large mugs of lovely coffee. We'd had a good night in a bar called Eric's on Matthew St. The band, called Xander and the Peace Pirates are usually found in the Cavern Club apparently. They are excellent, though there can be some dodgy language. A very nice birthday and I'd be happy to stay there again.

Room Tip: I chose the winter break and upgraded to the executive as I wanted to ensure that there was a view o...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post such a kind review.
I’m Glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed your time in Liverpool.
I have already spoken with the housekeeping department regarding the mirror and the missing cups so thank you for bring this to our attention.

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

First appearances of this hotel are pretty good. The lobby is big and well decorated, although, be warned there are a few stairs to drag your bag up!. The welcome was nice and check-in was stress free with a lovely fellow called Mark or Martin (Sorry, I'm terrible with names). We were in a room on the 8th floor with a gorgeous view of the Liver building and the Mersey.

Although clean the room was small, and wreaked of smoke. I think another contributor compared it to like being in a cabin, which I would totally agree with. The bathroom was tiiiiiny but perfectly fine for one nights stay, for anyone complaining about only having one towel... the other set is in the wardrobe. In general the room was a bit old and just needed some TLC. The front had broken off the AC panel and some of the buttons were missing, there were a couple of dents and scratches in the wallpaper and the desk chair was wobbly. Overall, just needs a bit of love. There was a maintenance form to fill in, however no pen!

We went to the restaurant in the evening (we originally planned to go to the bar, however it was closed for a function, which no-one had told us!) The restaurant was well-staffed but I think they seemed to lack polishing. The table we were sat on had a dirty table cloth and no knives and the couple next to us had no knives or glasses. We ended up choosing food from the bar menu as the restaurant menu wasn't really appealing and we had a lovely bottle of malbec. the overall bill came to about £50, a little steep for a burger, spag bol and a bottle of wine.

I decided in the morning that I wanted breakfast adding to the room as I was awake and hungry, all I had to do was buy a voucher from reception (£10pp) and head on up to the restaurant. Breakfast was good, nice selection of hot food and juices. Again the staff were all lovely and Elaine, who also served us on the bar the night before, was a superstar.

So overall a very average stay, the hotel staff are lovely but the hotel itself just needs a but of TLC.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great views
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to post your review on line, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our staff lovely I have passed your comments onto Martin and Elaine. I have and can agree that are smoking floor needs some TLC as we are waiting confirmation for our owners to get this floor refurbed.

Thanks again for your comments

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

We have just returned from a 5 night stay where we were very happy with our stay at this hotel, we had a standard double room which was amazing very large room with a beautiful view of the River where we were watching boats coming in & out very relaxing with peace and quiet, room was quiet, spacious & cleaners came in every day to tidy up and empty bins. Room very comfortable and safe with a good stock of refreshments every day, this is probably one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in whilst visiting the UK, very close to shopping amentities and restaurants and close to Albert Dock.

The hotel reception was clean, efficient and lounge area was clean and tidy.

We had many nights in the Vu Bar and thought drinks were reasonable priced and nice to relax in, again clean & comfortable, we didnt have evening dinners or breakfast in the hotel so cant comment on the food.

we havent stayed at the hotel before we hope to stay again very soon as we are very fond of Liverpool.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher levels like level 11 & 12 will offer fantastic views of the River & were...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
ABR1, General Manager at Thistle Liverpool City Centre, Atlantic Tower, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Dear John and Sarah,

Thanks so much for your lovely review! All the more pleasing from a long stay guest!

Great to read you had such a good stay, and hope to see you back in Liverpool soon,

Alistair Risk
Plymouth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

I stayed at the Atlantic Tower last night whilst visiting Liverpool on business. There were five of us all in separate rooms and everybody was pleased with the standard of the accommodation. My room was clean and comfortable with a fridge and tea and coffee making facilities. The shower was over the bath but other than that it was very good with multiple sprays. The hotel has parking for £6.00 per night which is very reasonable for this area. As far as the location goes, the hotel is next to Princess Dock so the is plenty to see and do if you want to go out. Dinner at the restaurant was very good and breakfast was also extremely good. Book breakfast with the room or you will be charged £15.00.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thistlehotels, General Manager at Thistle Liverpool City Centre, Atlantic Tower, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Dear KevinPlymouth,

Thanks for your kind review which is very much appreciated. I am delighted that we ticked all the boxes for you and hope you will be back with us again soon.

Best regards,

Alistair Risk

Been to Thistle Liverpool City Centre, Atlantic Tower? Share your experiences!