“The Adelphi” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Britannia Adelphi Hotel

You added Britannia Adelphi Hotel to your Saves list
Britannia Adelphi Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ranelagh Place, Liverpool L3 5UL, England (Central Liverpool)   |
Ranked #65 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Omagh, United Kingdom
“The Adelphi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

In short, its not what it once was, but it is still pretty impressive inside with the massive early 20th Century style sitting area, large wide hallways and pretty big rooms. Although the rooms are a great size, they are pretty worn and dated now and Ive been in better showers. The staff were mostly friendly and the price was really good (£40 for a twin room). It also has a friendly and lively resident's bar. A tradition that seems to be disappearing. I always wanted to stay in the Adelphi and now I can say I have. It needs some updating but overall I was satisfied, particularly considering the rate I paid and the great location. Would use again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (854)
Swadlincote, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Myself, two daughters and a good friend have just returned from another long weekend break at this wonderful hotel. WOW....what a truly magnificent place it is. Every time we visit we are amazed by the standards of the accommodation and this time is no exception. We felt like royalty in our huge interconnecting rooms and even found it necessary to enjoy a "girls pj night in" on Saturday with a few drinks, made even more enjoyable by the huge bucket of ice which was delivered within minutes of it being requested, free of charge. It is always a pleasure every time we visit to see so many familiar faces among the staff. They always appear to take so much pride in their jobs, never without a smile and happy to assist. Everything about the Adelphi, the staff and the customer care points to an excellent 3* hotel and in my opinion worthy of 4*s. Our next visit is already being planned and can't come quick enough.

Room Tip: Always opt for a bed and breakfast package because the self service buffet breakfast is without doub...
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed at the Adelphi with 7 friends with National Holidays, I shared with one friend and the room we were given was no bigger than a store room, 2 single beds pushed next to each other with a single headboard, we had a window which was internal and backed onto an internal staircase used by staff. Bathroom was tiny and no natural ventilation in bathroom or bedroom at all. The room was stifling hot. The 3 rooms our friends were given were really large so i think we got the short straw. Complained at reception to be told hotel was full. Must say Liverpool is great and other than our sleeping in a cupboard we had a good weekend.

Room Tip: Do not have room 356 as tiny and no outside window.
Whitchurch, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed at the Adelphi in December last year to celebrate a family members birthday. The room was clean and well serviced , the hotel was lovely and warm throughout and we enjoyed our stay very much.
The situation of the hotel being right in the centre of the city is good for site seeing and exploring the local pub and restaurants.
All hotel catering was presented well with plenty on offer, staff were always on hand to help and advise.
For the price this was a very worthwhile visit and I plan another visit soon.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have just come back from staying at the Adelphi with 48 women on a hen weekend! Well I must say it was my first time to Liverpool & it definitely wont be my last....I loved the City!

I definitely wouldn't think twice about staying at the Adelphi again but I must admit this is only down to the excellent staff that they have working there!

I must mention Colin the Nights Manger, Paul, Simon & the 3rd guy that they had working on the door over the weekend they all did a superb job; first class, efficient, friendly but professional service by all four!

I lost my phone during my stay & these guys aswell as the reception staff & DM helped me out as much as possible to help recover it.

The hotel had a mix of ages but it looked like hotel guests had a brilliant weekend!

Thank-you all for a fantastic time... keep up the good work & us Swansea girls will see you again in the next few months! :)

Wakefield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We travelled with National Holidays for an overnight stay & i must say i was disappointed with the hotel.The building from the outside is imposing,the reception area & public areas were well decorated & look really nice.It's a shame same couldnt be said for the rest of the hotel.Our room 660 was a twin & was very tired.The window had a piece of metal hanging off the frame & was rusted.The window was a jar & werent able to close it,which meant we heard every noise from outside.There was a bar over the road which opened while late & was quite noisy.There were sirens all night & the bin men were round at 5.30am to empty the bottle bins!! The bathroom was clean though mould was starting to show on the ceiling.The shower definately needs renewing & had a lot of limescale on it. The evening meal was like a school dinner,the starter was pate which was a large piece however the slice of bread was very small so a lot was wasted.The main course meat dishes were all in gravy or some kind of sauce & the veg were carrots,green beans & roast potatoes.Desert wasnt much better.The saving grace food wise was the buffet breakfast which was lovely & set us up for the day.For what we paid it was ok but i wouldnt pay the full room rate as i dont think its worth the money & i wont be staying there again

Room Tip: dont request room 660
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed at the Adelphi Liverpool with a National Holidays tour as I heard that the hotel was really good, when we got inside the reception area the line of people was right to the door, as it was a coach party this was to be expected. When we eventually got to the desk the recepionist took our booking form from us and give us an envelope and said room 670 this was the only conversation we had, not very polite at all, never told us what floor or where the lifts were to get to the floor. When we found our room we opened the door the smell of cigarette smoke just hit us in the face it was really strong ( which I can only blame myself for not asking for a non smoking room ) but it was really smelly. When we opened the bathroom door, that smelt of urine and that was strong, the room was dusty around the mirrors and the bedsid lamps, the windows had secondery glazing and the main window was full of condensation and the window sill was covered in about 3 - 4 mm of water so obviously this was not mopped up before we arrived the walls around the window were damp and cracked.( see photos ) as it was an all-inclusive weekend we had 4 drink vouchers each for each day to use in the Wave bar, this was the only bar that you could use the vouchers, the service in the Wave Bar is bad the staff would walk past you go and do something else even if nobody waiting to be served then walk past you again and then might decide to serve you. The food in the hotel is not to bad I have had worse and, had better but it was ok, service was not very good we had a voucher for a glass of wine with our meal so when the waitress came with our starter I asked for the wine and when we went up for our buffet main course we still had no wine, so I asked again and we eventually got wine when I was eating my desert. Generally the hotel is situated in a excellent spot for all the attractions, shops, bars etc. Just that the state of our room and the service in reception, and the bar was poor, we did enjoy Liverpool but I would not stay at this hotel again which is a shame as I have said it is situated in a excellent spot.

Room Tip: If you do not smoke don,t forget to ask for a non smoking room or an upgrade.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Britannia Adelphi Hotel? Share your experiences!