“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
St. Catharines, Canada
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

This was my second stay at the Holiday Inn in Liverpool. Great staff, fantastic value, excellent location-easy walking distance to all the great places to see in the city, as well as convenient to shopping, restaurants and pubs. I love it that the hotel is right across the road from the Lime Street Station,so it was very convenient for us to catch a morning train to Manchester for our flight back to Canada.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Simon M, Operations Manager at Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Dear 'bbperegrines',

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre.

I'm glad to see that you are a returning guest to the hotel and again found the hotel to be great value to superb staff.

I hope that on your next trip from Canada that you will choose to visit the hotel once more.

Simon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Stayed for 3 days recently, clean, well appointed, reasonable facilities, excellent breakfast & good bar/restaurant food at moderate prices. All staff were polite, helpful & attentive ( forgot razor & toothpaste, got both, comps, from reception) and the city centre location beside Lime St train station & on the direct Airport bus ( route 500 £3 each way ) makes it an excellent choice for people looking for convenience at a reasonable price. Many of the City's attractions are within walking distance but if you want to use public transport buy a Stagecoach Day Rider ticket for £3.50 per person which gives unlimited travel around the city for the day, great value & buses are frequent.
Its all about what people expect & what you are prepared to pay, as a 3 day bolt hole we were perfectly happy with all aspects of our stay, well done to Management.& Staff and thank you.

Room Tip: We were in 522 whcih is at the back & even at night with the window slightly open there was litt...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear 'KilteelUtd',

Thank you for taking the time to review your experiences from the Holiday Inn Liverpool City centre.

Its fantastic to see that you had a great three day stay at the hotel and found all our team delivered great service. I am also pleased to see that we helped out with some provisions to help make your stay more comfortable.

I have shared your review with the full team who always take great pride in receiving another positive review.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Cannot ask for a better location - straight opposite Lime Street Station. I had a quiet room (even though next to the lift), spacious and clean. Helpful and courteous staff.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
JonathanKing, General Manager at Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear 'TomVV'

Thank your for your good review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre, it is most appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to us on my future visits to our great City.

Best regards
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I don't know much about the nuances of hotels in Liverpool, so when I needed a hotel for a business trip I chose the Holiday Inn on the basis that the brand normally delivers comfortable if unspectacular hotels.

The staff were friendly and my room was clean, those are the good points. However, the hotel felt tired throughout, my bed far too soft and the entire forth floor stank of cigarette smoke. The included breakfast was fair value, but the espresso I had was poor in the extreme.

This was probably a good hotel once, but it needs some TLC from Holiday Inn.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear 'MisterOs'
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review from your recent stay with us.

We appreciate your kind comments regarding the friendliness of our teams and the standards of cleanliness you experienced.

With regards to the conditions of the hotel, we do have an ongoing maintenance program in place to update the hotel but will use your comments to request additional funds.
We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to Liverpool in the near future.
Best regards
Stourbridge, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Great hotel in great location. Staff are always friendly and helpful. Only negative this visit is the change of menu in Limes bar and the really quite poor food which is overpriced. Warm bacon and Brie ciabatta was microwaved so the bread was rock hard . Jacket potatoes small and only just warm. We waited so long for food we had no time to send back for fresh. We will not eat in the hotel on our next visit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
JonathanKing, General Manager at Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Dear Debbie
Thank you for your review following your recent stay.
Needless to say, I am pleased to learn that our team made you feel very welcome, once again, during your time at our hotel.
With regards to your constructive feedback on the quality of food you received at lunchtime I have spent time reviewing your concerns with my Head Chef, who wishes to be associated with my apologies to you. I have also instigated immediate retraining so that we may return to the levels of service I am confident we can consistently achieve.
It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to Liverpool in the near future.
Best regards.
Exeter, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I chose this hotel as it was so close to Lime Street station. I arrived an hour before check in time and had to leave to attend an event before I could check it. I also needed to get changed before leaving the hotel, the staff were very helpful and gave me access to changing rooms in the gym to get ready. My luggage was stored securely until I could check in much later in the day.
My room was on the 9th floor was large quiet and clean. I had been allocated a smoking room which concerned me as I am a non smoker, but the room did not smell of cigarettes. Checking out was a quick and easy process, the staff offered to store my luggage if I required which was a nice touch.

My only minor complaint would be that the TV picture in the room was terrible. I would have preferred a 'snow free' picture.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
, Operations Manager at Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Dear 'GB_Dave',

Thank you for taking the time to review your experiences from the Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre.

I'm glad to see you had such a great stay at the hotel and that our team went out of their way to make sure you had a stress free day.

We truly value customer service and get great pride in receiving a positive review.

I have informed our Maintenance Manager of the issues with TV reception and he is arranging for it to be resolved.

Thank you once again and we hope to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Liverpool in the near future.

kind regards
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I've stayed in this hotel a number of times and they are always friendly, helpful, and willing to assist with whatever you need.

The hotel itself couldn't be nearer to Lime Street Station and from there you can explore the whole of the city. The actual area it sits in isn't the best bit of Liverpool; Lime Street itself is pretty rough, despite considerable investment in the station and surrounds, but it's a great base for the city. Just around the corner are some of the city's (and UK's) best museums, all of which provide free entry.

I found that I'd been upgraded on arrival to a small suite with a small living room area as well as the bedroom as this was a nice touch. Good views over the Anglican Cathedral and the Welsh Mountains when the weather is clear too.

Breakfast is served in the restaurant overlooking the new plaza in front of the station and this is great for people-watching over your coffee.

Pretty much what you'd expect for a Holiday Inn overall, but they do go the extra mile generally. A small quibble on the bill was sorted out efficiently and settled.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear ' David W',

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding the Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre.

I'm glad to see that you are a regular guest to the hotel and have found that our team goes the extra mile to ensure you have a pleasurable stay.

I have shared your feedback with the team who take great pride in receiving positive reviews.

We hope to welcome you back for many happy visits in the future.

Simon

Been to Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre? Share your experiences!