Booked into the Holiday Inn Express on the Albert Dock Liverpool for one night stay with my mother. I had always wanted to stay at this hotel since seeing it shortly after it had opened several years ago.
The location couldn't be any better - situated in the Britannia Pavillion of the grade one listed Albert Dock heritage site. Great for all the touristy things to do, but not far away for a walk to Liverpool One shopping and the city centre.
Had a twin smoking room on the 3rd floor. Our view was of the Premier Inn next door and the Beatles Story, but also could see the Anglican Cathedral and part of the Wapping Dock area.
The room was not the largest room but had all the facilities required, including a hairdryer and a large flatscreen digital TV. Extremely comfortable beds and a choice of soft or firm pillows. There was a wall heater which could be operated in-room.
The corridors of the hotel are vast! Some of the corridor area was wide enough to have a party. The ceilings and some walls are uncovered brick and there are girders on show, all showing the original use of the building as an immense warehouse.
We also had a mooch at several other rooms as they were being cleaned, and found that each room appears to be different shaped and also have different aspects from the windows (all good I should add!)
Breakfast - a hot and cold buffet included in the price. There was a good choice of cereals, croissants, fruit, yogurts, hot drinks, and juices. Also cheese portions and jam. There is a toaster for use, and it is certainly faster than many I have used in hotels before. Sausages and scrambled eggs were on offer.
The breakfast dining area has great views over the Mersey and the Echo Arena area.
There is no parking on-site, but plenty of space at the Echo Arena multi-storey a few minutes walk away. We parked up there and walked to the hotel past the Big Wheel. When leaving the hotel, pick up a discount card for the Arena parking, pop this in a pay-machine on Level One of the car-park followed by your parking ticket, to get a 25% discount. Our 24hrs parking came to £7.50 using the discount card as opposed to £10 , and even £15 using the on street parking!
Would we go again? Certainly! And will recommend to family and friends too.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-Albert Dock Hotel Liverpool
- Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-Albert Dock Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Liverpool
- Holiday Inn Liverpool
- Liverpool Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Express by Holiday Inn Liverpool has been developed within the Britannia Pavillion, Albert Dock. A group of 19th Century Grade one listed warehouses, made entirely from cast iron & red brick. The Albert Dock is now the largest group of Grade One listed buildings in the UK and as such the Express by Holiday Inn Liverpool has retained many of the original features. Today the Warehouse has been beautifully renovated and now offers 135 bedrooms, which offer choice and flexibility to business and leisure clients alike. All rooms feature Wi-Fi, modem points, direct dial telephones, power showers, hairdryers, tea/coffee making facilities and fully interactive colour TV's showing Sky TV & Pay Movies. Our conference rooms can accommodate up to 35 delegates and also have their own unique decor. Also located in The Albert Dock are numerous quality restaurants and bars all within a minutes walk. Be sure to book a table at weekends. We are located just five minutes walk from Liverpool's vibrant town centre where you will find one of the busiest and friendliest nights out in the country. The hotel is situated opposite the New Echo Arena and BT Convention Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Otel and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-Albert Dock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.