“Wonderful view & service.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-Albert Dock

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-Albert Dock to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-Albert Dock
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Britannia Pavilion, Albert Dock, Liverpool L3 4AD, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #36 of 100 hotels in Liverpool
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Wonderful view & service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

After reading some of the comments posted by people I wonder if we stayed at the same hotel! We had a spacious, warm room overlooking the Albert Dock & the Liver Buildings. At night with all the lights twinkling it was enchanting. The staff were very friendly & efficient, the buffet breakfast which I had seen so many comments about was more than adequate, in fact we really enjoyed it. We would not hestitate in returning & shall use this hotel for any further stays in Liverpool

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor, there was very little noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HIEXAlbertDock, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-Albert Dock, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Thank you for posting such positive feeback about the hotel - the team really do appreciate hearing positive comments. Pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.

764 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed on business. My room was clapped out. My bed was broke. The room was above a couple of Albert Dock bars which meant the noise was a bit much and I had sound of banging corridor doors to wake me every now and again .

• Stayed December 2012
HIEXAlbertDock, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-Albert Dock, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
I don't know if you spoke to a member of the hotel's management team whilst you were in the hotel about your concerns, I would hope that if you did that things were resolved to your satisfaction. Should you wish to speak to a member of the management team now please do not hesitate to contact the hotel.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Warm welcome by the staff, who were very helpful. The receptionist gave us an extra key card and advised us to keep it in the slot next to the door so we could keep the heat on. After reading a review last week I did pack my hot water bottle, but didn't need it. Unfortunately house keeping took the spare card the next morning. My clever husband suggested we used a loyalty card, so in went my Moonsoon card, which I'm pleased to say worked.

The room was comfy and we had a dock view. General good standard of cleaning, however there was a bit of dust etc in a couple of corners. Not bad though, house keeping is getting done just not all the time. The bed was confortable. Not sure what those blue straps are for round the pillows? Must drive house keeping mad. Tea and coffee facilities good, however could do with a few extra supplies. We stocked up each day from the breakfast buffet. My husband was disappointed there wasn't any biscuits, but you can't expect extras at a budget hotel. We had a problem with the flush on the loo and advised reception of this on our departure.

The room allocated was close to reception and the bar on the second floor. I was worried this would be noisey and wasn't expecting much sleep over the two nights we stayed (Fri & Sat). Shouldn't have worried. The odd person passing in the corridor on the Friday and we heard the people next door coming in a bit later, but we did get a full nights sleep. On the Saturday we could hear the local night club but it wasn't so noisey as to keep you awake. Some squeeky floor boards though.

Breakfast buffet was fine. Nothing fancy but as describes on their website. Loved the sausages. Nice coffee. The bar staff were friendly, however one member needs to listen as our gin and tonic & vodka and lemonaid turned into a vodka and tonic & a vodka and lemonaid. Happens everywhere but just had to mention it as it is one of my pet hates.

Overrall really happy with the standard v what we paid and would stay here again. We booked to be close to the Arena as we were over to see Madness. Very handy being so closed and the Albert Dock is a lovely location. Will be booking to stay here again. Thanks to all the staff for their attention.

Room Tip: Ask for two key cards and leave one in the slot by the door so you can keep the heating on. If house...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review, it is always good to receive feedback and we do use it constructively for team training or to improve standards throughout the hotel. Other travellers will also find your comments beneficial.
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

With Holiday Inn at Media City - Salford Quays - being one of my favourite hotels, I had high hopes. Its got a great location on Albert Docks in a fantastic old building with character Industrial features. However the actual rooms i found a bit boring, with the windows clearly not thick enough as i found it cold and the noise from outside woke me up. I found the breakfast pretty disappointing and limited.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Holiday Inn Express Albert Dock is very different to the hotel in Media City, we are a Grade I listed building and therefore cannot have the new style windows which a lot of hotels do. We do however have secondary glazing in all rooms to minimise any outside noise. Apologies if you felt your room was cold, I not sure if you spoke to the team about this during your stay as I feel sure the problem could have been resolved if you had.
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.
cheshire, england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

After reading some of the reviews I was a little worried but I should know better than to read the negatives on here if there are plenty of positive ones!
I called from the car to ask where the nearest parking was & was told the nearest options but if we'd like to park out front and check in they would then point us in the right direction which is exactly what we did. Can't believe some people moan about the parking cost considering it's SO central and have obviously never had to pay city prices before. Cost us £7.50 for 24hrs with the discount from reception which is less than a day's shopping in a lot of multi storeys!
Staff on reception lovely and in fact everyone we came into contact with were nice.
Room not as big as some I've seen photos of but as my husband put it 'lovely, much better than the premier inns and MUCH better than travel lodges considering we'd only paid similar prices to them'. Fantastic view across the water and beautiful vaulted exposed brick ceiling and huge bay window. Very happy. Especially loved the HUGE shower.
Absolutely made up to pay £87.50 for a room within 4 mins walk of the Echo arena plus parking all night and that have us 20% off our bar bill in the hotel too with the Echo Arena package.
Breakfast was lovely. If I'd been expecting a full English then yes I would've been missing my bacon and fried egg however it clearly states the options on the website and actually I was impressed with the selection. As it was continental plus 3 hot items I thought it'd be quite basic. There were a large selection of pastries, toast (brown and white), baps, cheeses, sausages (delicious), scrambled egg and beans. Plus fresh fruit, hot drinks and juices.
I heard no noise all night and we were on the same floor (2nd) as the bar and reception so if there had been any noise I'd have assumed we would have heard it! Considering it was a Friday night I expected some to be honest.
Overall a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed November 2012
HIEXAlbertDock, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-Albert Dock, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post such a comprehensive review. It is always good to hear when people have enjoyed their stay at the hotel. I know other travellers will find your review useful as it contains a lot of factual and beneficial information.
Shropshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I spent one night here with my best friend. We were visiting Liverpool for the first time and I was really pleasantly surprised.
The hotel is in a perfect location with a brilliant view over the docks and just a very short stroll to the main shopping area, the car park and also the Echo arena.
Lovely restaurants and shops in the docks area, I relaxed completely as nothing was a problem!
The hotel was what you expect from a Holiday Inn, but it had more character due to the history of the building.
I will definitely return and would purposely come to Liverpool for a shopping or concert weekend - it is beautiful!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
HIEXAlbertDock, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-Albert Dock, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Pleased to hear that you & your friend enjoyed your visit to Liverpool and your stay at the hotel. The hotel is a great location for exploring the city - glad you enjoyed it.
West Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Just a one night stay for a shopping trip. Ideal location adjacent to the refurbished shopping centre. Nice clean and extremely spacious hotel. Our room was a twin room and was massive. would easily have accommodated 2 king size beds. Great position on the regenerated dock and lots of lovely restraunts just minutes walk away. Dock side and liver building beautifully lit at night. Only down side was breakfast, little variety and the only cooked items sausage beans and scrambled egg were all just luke warm. Staff were fine and helpful. Parking next to hotel is £15 pound a day but a multi story just a few minutes walk away is £10 a day and hotel have negotiated a discount on that so that is the much cheaper option. Would use this hotel again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
HIEXAlbertDock, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-Albert Dock, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments - we really do value our guests opinions and always use their feedback constructively.

As with all Holiday Inn Express hotels we don't offer full english breakfast we offer a substantial continental breakfast plus the three hot items you mentioned of sausages, scrambled egg and baked beans. I will certainly speak to the breakfast staff regarding you comments.

Pleased to hear that you found the staff at the hotel helpful and your room clean and spacious.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-Albert Dock? Share your experiences!