“Great hotel with excellent value in Liverpool centre” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
25% Off 2 Night Stays
Ranked #22 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Dublin
“Great hotel with excellent value in Liverpool centre”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed for two nights in this hotel and enjoyed the whole experience. The staff were excellent in helping me locate local services and were exceptionally welcoming. The room was more than adequate and was faultless in terms of cleanliness. There was an iron, proper hair dryer and tea and coffee making facilities. There is also excellent free wifi through-out the hotel. The breakfast was reasonable for a mid-price hotel, with a choice of hot foods, cereals, fruit and yogurts. The only criticism would be that the bar/restaurant area had a canteen feel to it, although this did not bother me at breakfast-time. The hotel is located beside the Liverpool One shopping centre and within a five minute walk of the main shopping streets in the city. It is also next door to the metro station.
If I need to stay in a Liverpool hotel in the future, I would definitely return here.

• Stayed January 2013
Janet M, Front Office Manager at Days Inn City Centre Liverpool, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear nellygiddy,

It is great to hear you had such a good stay at our hotel and I have passed on your comments to the rest of the staff. We are lucky to have such a great, central location and we try to ensure all facilities a guest would need are available for them during their stay. To receive a great recommendation and to hear a guest would like to return is the best compliment a hotel can get and maybe we will see you again.

Amy Johnston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised on arrival at this hotel. Firstly, it's location right next to James st station meant we hardly had to brave the snow before we were through the door and were greeted by friendly staff. Booking in was easy and quick. We took the lift to the fourth floor and found our room to be bright, airy and very clean. Beds were a little too soft for me and the pillows lumpy but for a overnight stay it was ok. Ice machine was handy though! We had pizza in the restaurant as part of our deal and it was delicious! Ryan our waiter was helpful, polite and friendly! After dinner we went dancing on Matthew st, just a few minutes walk away. The hotel was quiet during the night so easy to switch off and relax after our dancing. Breakfast was the second surprise! We were expecting a continental style breakfast but as we got nearer to the restaurant we could smell bacon! It was excellent. All freshly prepared and lots to choose from. After breakfast we checked out and left our luggage in the hotel's luggage store and headed into the city for a day of shopping. We collected our luggage, jumped on the train and headed home feeling like we'd had a proper break away!

Dea a_france72,

We are very pleased to hear you would stay again and thank you for taking the time to recommend us. We have passed on your comments to the staff, including Ryan who was glad you enjoyed your stay. We have taken on your comments about the bedding and will look into the issue to improve in the future. We do our best to ensure high standards are met in all areas of the hotel and that guests feel welcome. We will hopefully see you again.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The rooms of the hotel are very clean and tidy. They always come into the room to clean and to change the towel. The price is very good if we compare with the services offered. I wanted the fridge in the room but it was not. It could be great to have one, especially if you have only breakfast during the morning at the hotel. Many shops near the hotel, supermarkets and much more. The hotel is in 1 minute far from the city center. All the rest is perfect.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Salways G,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Ensuring our guest are pleased with the cleanliness of the rooms and get the best value for their stay are important to us and we're are glad you enjoyed our stay. Any ideas about improving our hotel are very welcome and we will take your idea abut fridges into consideration for the future.

Lancaster
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel and yet again a first class stay. The staff are friendly rooms clean and food good. We stayed this time on a offer which was excellent value for money. I will definitely consider this hotel next time I visit the city

• Stayed January 2013
Janet M, Front Office Manager at Days Inn City Centre Liverpool, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear AngieLancaster,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate all comments and the time guests take to write a review on our hotel. It’s great to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thank you once again and we look forward to your 3rd visit.

Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I spent there two nights in November and I was completely satisfied with my choice: the staff was very helpful and kind, the room I was given was very big, well furnished and I could even make a cup of tea or coffee, since the room has tea-coffee making facilities. The position is, in my opinion, perfect: the hotel is next to James Street Station, and it takes ten minutes to reach the city center or the Albert Dock area. In conclusion, I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Giulia C,

It's great news to hear you would recommend us! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that you liked the facilites we provided. A stay in England wouldn't be complete with having a good cup of tea!

Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on the 11-14th of jan. I booked with otel.com and found the website really good value. I opted to get a taxi from the airport which took around 25 mins and cost £16. You can get a bus but we wanted to just there.
Hotel.
It is situated in an amazing location with everything being right on your doorstep. We were given the option to have a late check out till 3pm which we took it cost £20.
There is also tesco right around the corner and ice machine on every floor. Staff were very friendly and accommodating.
Room.
We had a room on the second floor it was bright, spacious, extremely clean and well decorated. There is a fab shower, as well as a iron board and hair dryer in room. The free wifi is fast and a great bonus as some hotels wifi can be very slow.
Breaskfast.
It was as good as all the other reviews said fresh and plenty of it totally set us up for our days if sightseeing.
Things to do.
Lots and lots with this hotel you literally are close to everything. Albert dock to right when you come out the door, the caven 5 mins (in heels) to the left. There is shops and shops and more shops. Its really easy to get everywhere as street signs on each corner tell you which direction and how many minutes!!
Overall we will definitely be going back to liverpool and booking the days inn, it was such an excellent hotel. So a big thank you to all the staff.

Dear nightsawayinhotels,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review on our hotel. We love to hear feedback from guests as its helps us improve our hotel, especially when it's good reviews! If you'd like to visit us again, remember you can get the best deals for the hotel when you book directly. We are lucky to have such a great location which is close to many attractions and we try to provide all the facilities guests might need during their stay. We passed on your comments to all the staff and they were glad to hear you enjoyed your stay in Liverpool. Hopefully we will see you again soon!

Annandale, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

As part of a two week venture through the UK and Iceland, I found myself with three days to spend in Liverpool. Having never visited the city before - and therefore with no "favorite" hotel in town - I spent some time researching my options before booking my lodging. I found that the Days Inn was easily 15-25% less expensive than nearly every other hotel located in the same geneal area of the city. With this in mind, I made my reservation.

The competitive pricing has made the hotel very popular to travellers; the reception area is a picture of controlled chaos, with a crowd of guests coming and going at all hours of day and night. The reception lobby is very small, and the lack of furniture is obviously designed to keep visitors from milling about. The staff here works very hard to keep the foot traffic moving. Things become more civilized when you receive your key card - it not only allows entry to your room, but also allows the user to operate the elevator and open the door to the stairwell.

The rooms themselves are very spacious. My room featured an oversized king bed with plenty of pillows and clean bedding; the nights in Liverpool were easily the most satisfying, sleepwise, of any stopover on my vacation. The room was also located on the same floor as the hotel's lounge/restaurant. The bar features a number of beers and several drink specials; the restaurant's menu combines standard English pub grub and burgers with Indian and Italian main courses. The restaurant features pizza delivery to guest rooms on a 24/7 basis, and is also home to a standard Englis breakfast buffet with enough brown sauce to cover it all.

The real draw of the Days Inn, however, is its location; within a 5-10 minute walk (in different directions) are many of Liverpool's major sites, including the museums, shops and piers of Albert Dock; the world famous Caver Club on Matthew Street; and the Liverpool One shopping area. The hotel is situated next door to the James Street Station, Liverpool's hub for rail traffic to Wales and other UK points to the west and southwest. Lime Street Station, the city's largest rail station, is a short (five or six pounds) cab ride away.

Unfortunately, as with any property located in a busy downtown area, external noise could be an issue for some travellers. The neighborhood surrounding the hotel is populated by many nightspots, and James Street is congested with traffic until the early morning hours; my room was located on the first floor, and noise from the street and surrounding clubs could be heard in my room late at night. As I was also out late during my stay, this was barely a nuisance. Of more concern was the lack of a shower option in my bathroom; to bathe, one had to run a bath. As I would much rather shower than sit in a bath, I found this disconcerting. In light of the other positives of this particular hotel, it's an inconvenience I can live with.

• Stayed December 2012
Janet M, Front Office Manager at Days Inn City Centre Liverpool, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear denverc30

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review we appreciate all feedback as it helps us improve the daily running of our hotel. All comment’s are taking and discussed between management to see if we can make any improvements.

Once again thank you for your informative review and we look forward to your return visit.

Kind Regards

Michelle Franklin

Been to Days Inn City Centre Liverpool? Share your experiences!