“A fantastic stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Rome, Italy
“A fantastic stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I spent there two nights in November and I was completely satisfied with my choice: the staff was very helpful and kind, the room I was given was very big, well furnished and I could even make a cup of tea or coffee, since the room has tea-coffee making facilities. The position is, in my opinion, perfect: the hotel is next to James Street Station, and it takes ten minutes to reach the city center or the Albert Dock area. In conclusion, I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Janet M, Front Office Manager at Days Inn City Centre Liverpool, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear Giulia C,

It's great news to hear you would recommend us! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that you liked the facilites we provided. A stay in England wouldn't be complete with having a good cup of tea!

Amy Johnston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on the 11-14th of jan. I booked with otel.com and found the website really good value. I opted to get a taxi from the airport which took around 25 mins and cost £16. You can get a bus but we wanted to just there.
Hotel.
It is situated in an amazing location with everything being right on your doorstep. We were given the option to have a late check out till 3pm which we took it cost £20.
There is also tesco right around the corner and ice machine on every floor. Staff were very friendly and accommodating.
Room.
We had a room on the second floor it was bright, spacious, extremely clean and well decorated. There is a fab shower, as well as a iron board and hair dryer in room. The free wifi is fast and a great bonus as some hotels wifi can be very slow.
Breaskfast.
It was as good as all the other reviews said fresh and plenty of it totally set us up for our days if sightseeing.
Things to do.
Lots and lots with this hotel you literally are close to everything. Albert dock to right when you come out the door, the caven 5 mins (in heels) to the left. There is shops and shops and more shops. Its really easy to get everywhere as street signs on each corner tell you which direction and how many minutes!!
Overall we will definitely be going back to liverpool and booking the days inn, it was such an excellent hotel. So a big thank you to all the staff.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear nightsawayinhotels,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review on our hotel. We love to hear feedback from guests as its helps us improve our hotel, especially when it's good reviews! If you'd like to visit us again, remember you can get the best deals for the hotel when you book directly. We are lucky to have such a great location which is close to many attractions and we try to provide all the facilities guests might need during their stay. We passed on your comments to all the staff and they were glad to hear you enjoyed your stay in Liverpool. Hopefully we will see you again soon!

Annandale, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

As part of a two week venture through the UK and Iceland, I found myself with three days to spend in Liverpool. Having never visited the city before - and therefore with no "favorite" hotel in town - I spent some time researching my options before booking my lodging. I found that the Days Inn was easily 15-25% less expensive than nearly every other hotel located in the same geneal area of the city. With this in mind, I made my reservation.

The competitive pricing has made the hotel very popular to travellers; the reception area is a picture of controlled chaos, with a crowd of guests coming and going at all hours of day and night. The reception lobby is very small, and the lack of furniture is obviously designed to keep visitors from milling about. The staff here works very hard to keep the foot traffic moving. Things become more civilized when you receive your key card - it not only allows entry to your room, but also allows the user to operate the elevator and open the door to the stairwell.

The rooms themselves are very spacious. My room featured an oversized king bed with plenty of pillows and clean bedding; the nights in Liverpool were easily the most satisfying, sleepwise, of any stopover on my vacation. The room was also located on the same floor as the hotel's lounge/restaurant. The bar features a number of beers and several drink specials; the restaurant's menu combines standard English pub grub and burgers with Indian and Italian main courses. The restaurant features pizza delivery to guest rooms on a 24/7 basis, and is also home to a standard Englis breakfast buffet with enough brown sauce to cover it all.

The real draw of the Days Inn, however, is its location; within a 5-10 minute walk (in different directions) are many of Liverpool's major sites, including the museums, shops and piers of Albert Dock; the world famous Caver Club on Matthew Street; and the Liverpool One shopping area. The hotel is situated next door to the James Street Station, Liverpool's hub for rail traffic to Wales and other UK points to the west and southwest. Lime Street Station, the city's largest rail station, is a short (five or six pounds) cab ride away.

Unfortunately, as with any property located in a busy downtown area, external noise could be an issue for some travellers. The neighborhood surrounding the hotel is populated by many nightspots, and James Street is congested with traffic until the early morning hours; my room was located on the first floor, and noise from the street and surrounding clubs could be heard in my room late at night. As I was also out late during my stay, this was barely a nuisance. Of more concern was the lack of a shower option in my bathroom; to bathe, one had to run a bath. As I would much rather shower than sit in a bath, I found this disconcerting. In light of the other positives of this particular hotel, it's an inconvenience I can live with.

• Stayed December 2012
Janet M, Front Office Manager at Days Inn City Centre Liverpool, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear denverc30

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review we appreciate all feedback as it helps us improve the daily running of our hotel. All comment’s are taking and discussed between management to see if we can make any improvements.

Once again thank you for your informative review and we look forward to your return visit.

Kind Regards

Michelle Franklin
Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stayed early January midweek for three nights and was a little pricey for midweek. Hotel is in a great location, very central, few minutes walk from shops,restaurants. Hotel is clean and modern and a good size. When we first went into our room, the heating was not working, we rang reception and they said the general manager would have a look, we went out for the night and when we came back, reception told us to move rooms so we packed up our things and move to the third floor. Thankfully the heating was working. We did not eat in the hotel so cannot comment on food but we did visit the bar and there was no atmosphere, no one in bar, we ended up bringing the drinks back to our room and having them there. Would recommend if your looking for somewhere to stay for a few nights. We were over for the game in Anfield so hotel suited us fine.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Janet M, Front Office Manager at Days Inn City Centre Liverpool, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Featherl

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel we take all comments into consideration and are grateful with all feedback.

I would like to apologise for the heating, and again thank you. We look forward to you return visit.

Kind Regards

Michelle Franklin
Birkenshaw
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Given the central location of this hotel it was very good value for money. Good sized room, friendly service and clean. Discounted parking also good for Liverpool.

Would recommend if your just looking for a place to put your head down on a city visit or a night out.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Janet M, Front Office Manager at Days Inn City Centre Liverpool, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Paulstevo 1978,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel as we appreciate all feedback. We are lucky to have such a great, central location and we have found our discounted parking very beneficial for guests. We are happy to hear you would recommend us and hopefully you will stay with us again.

rhyl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

really nice clean hotel, rooms are agood large size,lovely comfortable king bed, decorated well and modern, carpets lovely and clean, big bathroom- shower, watch the step up in the bathroom! the breakfast is self service , if u can get a deal like we did which included b and b well worth it! cheeses, rolls, cakes, fruit , yoghurts, juices. bacon, sausages , mushrooms, beans,all hot and tasty no grease!

Room Tip: all rooms are good no noise heard and we overlooked the main st.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Ben and Rosie,

Your comments are very much appreciated and have been passed on to the rest of our team who are all delighted your stay was enjoyable. Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Halifax, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

On the whole, we had a good time in Liverpool, however we came to the days inn at liverpool as we have never been to Liverpool before. We had booked over the christmas period just for a change of scene at this time of year. We were however immediately upset upon our arrival to be told there was no restaurant available for the two days of our stay and the bar was also closed for the same period. Had we been told at the time of booking we would not have booked this hotel as the whole point of being in the hotel was as a retreat. Having paid the full amount for full breakfasts, and then to be given what can only be described as a 'doggie' bag, one can only imagine how disappointed we were. This was capped off by seeing a very large semen looking stain on the floor next to our bed.

When we read the reviews on trip advisor and were told that the hotel came 8th out of 95 in Liverpool that is what made our decision to book.

Sad to say, our christmas and boxing day break was nothing that I had planned for and all i can say is thank goodness the Sainsbury's shop around the corner was open on christmas eve so we had something to eat on christmas day other than our 'doggie' bag.

In short we came home early on boxing day as it was preferable to our hotel experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Janet M, General Manager at Days Inn City Centre Liverpool, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Mark h,

I am so sorry that you were unhappy with your stay with us.
We tried to ensure that all our Guests were informed that the food and beverage would be limited on christmas day and boxing day morning. We provided a take out breakfast for all guests in house, I understand that this is maybe not to everyones liking. We had team available 24 hours to ensure that any queries or issues were adressed . If you had called down to front desk I would of personally of tried to resolve straight away.
I am horrified to see the comment about a stain on the carpet, as you can see from previous reviews on trip advisor that we pride our selves on the cleanliness of the hotel. I have had a proffessional carpet cleaner to the hotel to double check the room you stayed in. I can assure you that the carpet is completely stain free.
If you would like to contact me directly to discuss your comments further I would be happy to discuss further.

Once again I am sorry if any of the issues you encountered spoilt your christmas.

Kind regards,
Janet McMahon
gm@daysinnliverpool.com

Been to Days Inn City Centre Liverpool? Share your experiences!