“Excellent value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Printworks Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Liverpool
Printworks Apartments
You added Printworks Apartments to your Saves list
58 Henry Street, Liverpool L1 5BU, England   |
“Excellent value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

Having stayed in apartments in Manchester several times & enjoying the experience I decided for my companies night out to treat my staff & their partners to the experience of an apartment night out for our Xmas do.
I asked if I could check in earlier than stated to start cooking & was told yes, not a problem

I arrived in plenty of time & was shown to the Dakota building, it's a work in progress & as a business owner who's own business is a work on progress it's not a problem to me or my girls that everything isn't shiney & new when clearly things are being improved.
I hired two apartments sleeping six in each. I cooked using the ovens and found both apartments clean, tidy and well positioned.
We went out late and came back even later, access to the building was very secure.

The guys in the office were really helpful, funny & polite. The prices were reasonable & I would recommend the apartments for parties, hens, stags etc! I wouldn't recommend this type of stay in a major city for romantic breaks, we were there to party & celebrate as were many other people

As I have done this type of thing before I totally understand that the owners of the apartments cannot be held solely responsible for damages in the apartments, for instance the patio door handle was broken, is this the owners fault? No it's the stupid person who broke it & these things cannot be fixed in a 3 hour turn around for bookings so a little patience & understanding goes a long way!

I think you also need to be prepared to look after the place as if its your own, I always take a little kit with me like extra tea towels, antibacterial spray, salt, pepper, sauces, tea, coffee & sugar... you have to think outside the box if you are going to use the apartments to their full potential .... they are NOT hotels so don't expect to have the same type of experience as a hotel

Non of my staff had stayed in apartments instead of a hotel so I think we have 11 convertees to apartment stays over hotels

Thank you & we may well see you next Christmas

• Stayed December 2012
paul k, General Manager at Printworks Apartments, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our apartments and thank you so much for your comments.
Have a Happy Christmas and a great New Year...

Kind Regards

Paul Kelly
Gen Mgr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Just back from a girly weekend at the print work apts. there was 7 of us staying in the apartment and they catered for us no problem. We stayed at the Dakota building and although some of the reviews say it's desperate this is all lies! We stayed for 3 nights and didn't have one problem anything we needed we got. The apartments were fab central to everything you need. We will definitely be returning. The manager Paul is brilliant also if you need anything give him a buzz ! Ill be seeing you guys again soon :-)

• Stayed November 2012
paul k, General Manager at Printworks Apartments, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Hi Ladies,

Thank you for review and the comments you made, as always we always try our very best to make all our guest feel welcome and happy with the standard of accomadation.
See you all again soon

Have a happy Christmas

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

From the second we pulled up the Office Manager was an outstanding help. Travelling from around the London region, we arrived slightly early, and walked into the reception and he advised us onto the best available car park and advise he would look after our bags before we checked in.
After that journey, we couldn't have asked for more ! He helped us with where to go and visit, and eased us into to the beginning of our trip.
Checking into our room was fantastic. We opened our door to a shimmering shiny apartment, with stunning furnishings and cupboards full of cutlery and amenities you would need (washing machine, dish washer etc).
Lovely television, comfortable beds, fresh sheets, PERFECTION.
For the money we paid, the Printworks Apartments were absolutely 5* and we'll be using them again, that is for certain.
Next time we're up, we'll be buying Paul a beer, that's for sure.

I personally did not read any reviews before my stay, but looking back now I'm not entirely sure how you can respond in any other way other than positively.

If you like shopping or good Food, it's right next to Liverpool One. And a 10 minute can ride to Anfield (non-match day) for around £7.00.

ENJOY!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012
paul k, General Manager at Printworks Apartments, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Hi

Thank you so much for the kind words regarding your experiance here at the Printworks apartments.
We are a Family run business and it really is a matter of pride that all our guests are welcomed to our apartments and that we are here to help in any way we can.
Once again we really appreciate your positive feeback we look forward to welcoming you and your Family again soon

Kindest Regards

Paul kelly
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

These apartments represent excellent value for money.
We visited Liverpool for an Anfield stadium tour and decided to stay in the heart of the city.
The location is very central for restaurants and the nightlife but without the noise that comes with it. Just off a main road, but well lit and feel very safe walking in the evening.
The hotel manager Paul was extremely friendly and helpful and made us feel welcome from the second we arrived. Reception was always manned. They can't do enough to help.

we will Definately be returning to these apartments for our next visit, and may even book the penthouse :-)

Please do not be put off by the complainers on here, some people are just out of order and have no respect.

Looking forward to our next visit already!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
paul k, General Manager at Printworks Apartments, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Hi Grant,

Thank you for taking time to review and thank you for your comments. As I have previously mentioned it is really an easy task to be nice when our guests our so nice...

Kind regards

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Great value for money £40 for a 2 bedroom apartment that sleeps 6. Comfy beds, modern rooms, friendly reception, very clean..
Downside; their is building work going on but this doesn't start until 9am and will benefit the apartments in the long run.

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to review and thank you for your comments.

Long Sutton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Well what can I say. Came to a conference so booked in late. Horrible and complained. Moved all our items to another room whilst we were out. On return it was awful. Refused us a refund and insulted us by saying we were cheap skates and eventually booked us in to what they call the penthouse as by now we were at1am and they were refusing a refund. The toilet had skid marks on them. Well obviously they have never stayed in a penthouse as this room insulted the title. The next day with yet further arguments they eventually refunded 200 pounds. By this stage with approximately a further 100 plus rooms booked out with our conference and a home Liverpool match we had to pay expensive rates to transfer to a brand hotel.do not book this place unless you want to argue and have a battle to get your money back. Stay at home instead

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
paul k, General Manager at Printworks Apartments, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Madam

We are in the office and were just discussing your rude and bad behaviour and wondered whether you would have the audacity to write a review on Tripadvisor...of course you would as your actions here on Friday were nothing less than disgraceful not just to my staff but to other guests.

You checked in on Friday at 5.30 pm and DID NOT complain on arrival but left soon after,
you mentioned a conferance but surely a call to our reception to mention your disatisfaction with your apartment might have been just as important. You decided to ring about 7pm to say you were not happy with the accomodation not leaving us any time to show you another apartment etc, my son Adam who asked you if you would like to him to move your belongings to another apartment with a balcony etc that had just had new laminate floors and new spotlights etc with views of the city as well as the River and Albert Dock. You said yes and thanked him. He moved all your luggage himself to another apartment, I have since explained to him that he should not of moved anyones personel items unless the guest was present as this could lead to allegations of theft etc.Later on you accused him of stealing your phone but when you phoned it your son answered !
You promised my Son that you would be back soon to check the new apartment but you never showed up , when my son rang you and asked were you were you said " I am now out having a meal and a drink" ..
You eventually arrived back about 11.30 pm and I wont comment on your attitude but I will say that to comment on our staff's wages and how much you earn etc was disgusting behaviour, I will leave the rest to the readers imagination but you insulted and demeaned all the staff as well as using foul and abusive language to three Irish ladies who were just going into the city for a night out.
You then forced our night manager to call another member of staff and abused him over the phone, your son also abused him etc you were then placed overnight in our Penthouse to stop the unpleasentness you had caused...if I had been here I would of ejected you from the building and asked you to leave immediatly.
Your Husband during this time asked you to behave yourself but obvioulsy his comments fell on deaf ears and you continued your tirade.

The next day I called the office and told my day manager to refund you Saturday stay and under no circumstances were you to offered to stay another night...
On check out our Housekeepers checked the apartment you had refused to stay in and found that you or someone in your party had emptied two large bottles of water over the beds which resulted in damage to the mattresses. You have been charged accordingly for the damage.

Paul kelly

Gen Mgr
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Just spent a weekend in the printworks with a group of 19. The location is superb and the rooms are great. Overall a brilliant stay. There is always someone there at all hours for when you rolling In at 5am. I would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012
paul k, General Manager at Printworks Apartments, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Hi

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit.
Unlike most apartments in Liverpool we are on site, especially at the weekends should you require assistance etc...so we are happy that you felt this was important to you.

Paul Kelly

Been to Printworks Apartments? Share your experiences!