“Good, budget hotel in great Liverpool location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton by Hilton Liverpool City Centre

You added Hampton by Hilton Liverpool City Centre to your Saves list
Hampton by Hilton Liverpool City Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 Hurst Street | Kings Dock Mill, Liverpool L1 8DA, England   |
Special Offer
Save 15% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #29 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Wraxall, UK
“Good, budget hotel in great Liverpool location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Nice, straightforward rooms, clean too. Car park. Decent self-service breakfast with good hot food, if a bit of a scrum. Coffee and orange juice not nice though.

Easy walking to the cool Albert Dock across the road, the Cathedrals (Anglican amazing, Catholic quirky and tacky), China Town, and Liverpool 1 shops. Great home-brew pub just outside the door.

I would increase my rating to 5 if real coffee served at breakfast, and room cups were cleaned properly.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Derry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

We had a fantastic midweek break in Liverpool staying at the Hampton by Hilton . The hotel was beautiful the staff were friendly and helpful and throw in a complimentary breakfast and you get your break of to a great start . I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Liverpool.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Juan S, Manager at Hampton by Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear James M

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Hampton by Hilton Liverpool City Centre. I am very pleased you enjoyed your time with us – it was especially nice to read you enjoy the complementary breakfast. I hope you will consider us again next time you are in Liverpool.

Kind Regards

Juan Soto
Guest Service Manager
Hampton by Hilton | Kings Dock Mill | 7 Hurst Street | L1 8DA
Visit and Book Now
Lancaster
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

My wife and I stayed for one night at this hotel and were pleased to be offered a room at noon despite it being 2 hours before official check-in. The staff on reception were welcoming and very helpful writing down the addresses and phone numbers for recommended restaurants in the vicinity.
Our room was very pleasantly furnished with a large bed a comfy sofa and the added bonus of tea and coffee making facilities! The bathroom was very modern and featured a large walk-in shower and everything else one could need.
Thye hotel has a large underground carpark accessed by an automatic electric gate system which was reassuringly secure. From the carpark the lift took us straight to our floor, a boon for anyone carrying heavy luggage.
Our check-out was noon but as we were waiting for a phone call from a hospital to tell us when we could collect our daughter the staff allowed us to remain in the lounge and leave the car in the carpark with no excess charge, very kind.
Altogether we enjoyed our brief stay at this hotel and would heartily recommend it to anyone visiting or shopping in Liverpool.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
kelsey g, Manager at Hampton by Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thankyou for taking the time to leave us a review on your recent stay, it is lovely to hear that you thought so highly of our hotel by your feedback given, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here and have made sure to share your feedback with the team.

We hope to be able to welcome you back to the Hampton By Hilton Liverpool City Centre again soon

Best wishes,
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Clean and comfortable rooms. Breakfast time can be busy, but there was information about busy and less busy times to arrive. A good central location at an affordable price for Liverpool. Just thought the parking was a little expensive if staying for a few nights.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Western Ireland, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I am just back from my stay at the Hampton by Hilton hotel in the Liverpool City Center. We enjoyed our stay and it was a nice clean hotel but for me it was ruined before I got there. I rang a few days before arriving to the hotel to tell them I was expecting post to arrive to the hotel but to find it had already arrived and was opened. I was quite shocked that my post would be opened when it clearly said my name on it, I understand that when they didn't know who it was for it can be confusing but leave it to one side and look up the name to see if they are arriving at the hotel, that is what most hotels would do but not this one. But that isn't what upset me the most it was that when I asked to speak to a manager to complain I found out that it was the manager who opened it. He first told me he opened it by accident then he rudely told me that as the manager he has a right to check the post. His lack of customer service then becomes appalling he proceeds to get quite angry down the phone to me and tells me that what was in my post was not personal, (it was two tickets to a Liverpool game that were a present to my Boyfriend) he then tells me I am over reacting and he cant see what the problem is, eventually after hearing this I become upset because I have never in my life been spoken to like this down the phone by a so called professional manager!! I tell him that I am beginning to consider staying else where when he gladly tells me that I can cancel if I want as there is nothing he will do on the matter. I hung up because it was getting no where and he was becoming more and more rude.We had to stay there I had it payed for and other places had become quite expensive. When we arrived to the hotel the reception staff were friendly but while we were getting checked in they continued with their conversation about going for a night out in Manchester I thought that maybe I was in their staff room or invisible. She pointed to where breakfast was but didn't tell us if they had a restaurant or even where the lifts where we had to guess to busy thinking about their night out obviously. Room was lovely very clean and warm, bathroom was nice too. Accommodation staff were friendly. Breakfast was dull nice area but food was bland and we arrived one morning at 9.55 to see that the staff were finishing up breakfast we quickly grabbed what we could while the staff took the serving spoons literally out of our hands and gave us dirty looks. Would never ever stay here again just for the lack of customer service. I work in the same industry and I can tell you that I would have been fired a long time ago if I showed this lack of friendliness and customer service. The General manager is a very rude man lacking in customer service, empathy and manners.

Room Tip: 6 floors, lifts are a pain and slow choose a lower floor if you can.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Gianfranco B, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear taccount

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay

I would like to apologise profusely for the inconvenience and upset this has caused you. I receive a lot of mail addressed to the hotel on a daily basis, your letter was genuinely opened by mistake. Once realising this I closed the letter straight away, sealing the contents with an apology letter and my contact details. I have personally informed you of this at the first occasion by phone.

Customer satisfaction is our number one priority we pride on our customer service and I regret that you did not feel our service at check in was as prompt or as friendly as it could have been.

We are pleased to be able to offer a complimentary hot breakfast buffet to all of our guest so it’s disappointing to hear we didn’t deliver to the standard we would aim on this occasion.

I will share your comments with our team as we use all feedback to monitor our services.

Thank you for your kind words regarding our rooms and the accommodation staff. I hope I will have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the future.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly Gianfranco.Boccuzzi@Hilton.com .

Once again I hope you will accept my apologies.

Kind Regards

Gianfranco Boccuzzi
Southampton, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

This is a lovely hotel, easy to find. we were able to park on the road outside whilst we checked in, as for some reason locals are not worried about double yellows. Bear this in mind if you don't want the secure car parking under the hotel, which costs £10 per night. We did, but would consider risking it next time, as we saw no traffic wardens, or cars with tickets on them. Obviously you do so at your own risk, but the hotel is in a secluded but central area. It's near the Albert Dock, which has loads of bars and restaurants, and a short walk to Liverpool ONE.

The hotel itself is lovely, very clean, good accommodation. We had a partial view of the Albert Dock, which was lit up at night. Room was clean, housekeeping was to a good standard, and the bed comfortable.

Breakfast can be busy if you leave it late on weekends, but the buffet is kept well stocked. The meal options for the bar were limited to 4 dishes, but were nice. My advice is to plan to eat out for evening meals as the choice is limited.

Would definitely return to this hotel for visiting Liverpool, and recommend it to people looking for a nice city break.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Just spent two nights here, 24th-26th of January 2014. It's not often a hotel looks and delivers the way it's shown on the net, couldn't fault it one bit. Clean and tidy , pleasant staff, and a great breakfast. Easy check in and check out, knowledgable staff regarding the area and within easy reach of all the local sights. Stop here again...? BIG YES.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton by Hilton Liverpool City Centre? Share your experiences!