“Nice rooms, great bar and location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Liverpool

You added Hilton Liverpool to your Saves list
Hilton Liverpool
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Thomas Steers Way, Liverpool L1 8LW, England (Central Liverpool)   |
Special Offer
Save 20% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #32 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
London
“Nice rooms, great bar and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton after watching the footie at Anfield. The rooms were really clean and the staff were very helpful. One of the best aspects of this hotel is the bar which was brilliant on the Saturday night! We saw quite a few of the players there that night. Would definitely be staying here again for the next time I come to Liverpool. Great hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Sarah J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Liverpool, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Sai S,
I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Liverpool and I sincerely hope that you will make it back to the city soon.
If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact the hotel.
Sarah Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Everything was brilliant , it was spacious, spotless,the staff where friendly, apart from the bed which was the most uncomfortable thing I have ever slept on, it was like sleeping on the floor., I'm a fit & healthy 29 year old but It gave me a bad back. Apart from this I loved it there

• Stayed September 2013
Dear KelsMc29,
Thank you for your positive comments; I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel. I can only apologise if you felt that the bed was uncomfortable, usually we receive excellent feedback in regards to our mattresses. If you could be so kind and please contact me with further details so I am able to get Housekeeping to investigate this fully.
Bangor, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

The Liverpool Hilton is a great hotel, situated in the Liverpool One district, close to the shops, bars and the Albert Dock. To be honest, you couldn't ask for a better location.

The hotel has a smart fell, nice bar and a modern look. The hallways and rooms are clean and smart. The room had everything you would expect from a hotel, and the bathroom was clean and stylish. The shower is probably one of the best I've had !!

However, a few things which could be improved on:

The television was difficult to use and slow to respond to the remote. Watching TV should be simpler than this.
The bottled water in the room cost £3.95 - surely this could be free.
There was no free internet in the room.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the 3rd-7th floor for better views.
Dear HVJones,
Thank you for your constructive feedback regarding your stay at the Hilton Liverpool. I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of the hotel’s great location in the city.
For future reference, we are currently looking at creating in house discounts for internet in the guest rooms, please feel to contact the hotel to find out more. We also have complimentary internet in the public areas for all guests in the hotel.
I sincerely hope that you do return to the hotel in the future.
Sutton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Carl Jung said that Liverpool was " the pool of life ". The Hilton is probably the best hotel from which to experience Liverpool life. A first class hotel with excellent service, across the road from the Albert Dock and the Tate but very near to the centre. I have stayed in other hotels in Liverpool - which have been entertainingly eccentric - but the Hilton is my winner for business and pleasure.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear NKSSutton,
May I thank you for such lovely comments; I am so pleased that you enjoy your stay here at the Hilton Liverpool. If you need any assistance regarding future stays, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Just spent four nights here visiting our son. Expectations at Hilton hotels can leave you disappointed but this one certainly did not let us down.
Prime location right in Liverpool one. Car parking next door with discount provided by the Hotel. £9.50 versus £15.00 for 24 Hrs.
We were upgraded to an Executive room on one of the upper floors which gave us great view over the park.
Rooms are modern and well equipped as you would expect from a good chain.
We had breakfast included which was a hot and cold buffet with all the regular choices.
Welcome and service was good.
Position really makes this Hotel an excellent place to stay when in the city. Liverpool One provides a great choice of restaurants and bars.
Would stay here again without question. Watch out for the rate deals from Hitlon as at times the rooms are a bit pricey.

Dear RJT52,
Thank you for such positive feedback regarding your stay here at the Hilton Liverpool. I sincerely hope that you enjoyed you visit to see your son, and had chance to enjoy the city of Liverpool.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.
Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We spent 4 nights in the hotel. Reception was friendly and polite but on arrival at our room the key card would not open the door, necessitating a trip back to Reception to get that sorted. The room was relatively spacious, clean, and the bed large and comfortable. On 2 separate days the tea & coffee making supplies were not renewed. The light in the dressing table/vanity unit didn't work. We reported it to Reception (twice). after the 2nd report we were told the unit was faulty and we could have another room if we wished - we declined as we had no wish to repack our things and move. We visited the Pima Bar on one occasion - I had to go to the bar to order but the bar-person brought our cocktails (£18.50) after almost 15 minutes - not acceptable when the bar was very quiet - at least no complaint about the drinks, they were fine. Friends visited us and we thought we'd offer them coffee in our room and asked at Reception if 2 cups could be brought to our room: they never arrived. On checking out, I noticed that £14.08 had been added to our bill for "Minibar Food" I pointed out that during our stay, we hadn't even opened the mini bar, let alone taken anything from it. I was asked if we had moved or lifted any item, e.g. disposable camera, nuts, from the shelf in the cupboard. I said my wife had lifted some items to look at and show me. The receptionist said that moving any item would register electronically and add it to the bill but on my assurance that the items had not been taken, she deducted the £14.08 from my bill - I had no intention of paying for them, in any case. What this says about how much Hilton trusts its guests, I'll leave to the reader. I guess also if you don't check and just pay your bill, Hilton gets to sell the items again (and again, etc?). Frankly, it's as close to sharp practice you can get - in my opinion. Finally, I also noted that my bill showed a £300 Tesco Voucher Payment Allowance, which would have been nice, but we hadn't used any Tesco vouchers - the bill was adjusted accordingly. The hotel's location is ideal but little else about it impressed me - it could be much better with some good management, attention to detail and real customer-focussed service.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I bought a deal for afternoon tea, which i used for my Mums birthday yesterday. I rang and when we arrived there was a plate with happy birthday on and little cakes and strawberries and a candle in the middle a very nice thought.

We firtstly had a glass of champagne lovely. Our afternoon tea consited of sandwiches cakes and a scone, tea/coffee. It was delivered in a sort of open box. The tables were covered in lovely crisp white tableclothes, there was soft music playing and a large screne at the end of the restaurant playing black and white films appropriate for my Mums age group!!!

The staff were very nice. My only problem was the toilets on the ground floor there were three but only one had a lock on it. I have spoken to the Manager today who assured me that they would be fixed today, they had had a very busy weekend and that maintenance were not working on Bank Holiday Monday. I expect the Hilton to have staff on 24 hour call.

This would not stop me visiting the Hilton in the future

Room Tip: did not stay in hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sarah J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Liverpool, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Jansdiary,
I sincerely hope that your Mum enjoyed her birthday and thank you for visiting us on such a special occasion. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your afternoon and service was to the high standard that we aim for.
Since you have visited the toilet doors have been fixed and all have working locks. At the hotel we do have a maintenance team that are on call at all times, however during your visit we were waiting for the new doors to be delivered. I can apologise for the miscommunication.
I look forward to welcoming you and your mother back to the Hilton Liverpool.
Sarah

Been to Hilton Liverpool? Share your experiences!