“great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Liverpool

You added Hilton Liverpool to your Saves list
Hilton Liverpool
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Thomas Steers Way, Liverpool L1 8LW, England (Central Liverpool)   |
Special Offer
Save 20% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #32 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Darlington
“great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

nice clean hotel overlooking Albert dock and attached to Liverpool one shopping centre. best location! few minor things with room such as lack of coat hooks and no shelves, only hangers for clothes. would stay again though.

• Stayed April 2013
Sarah J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Liverpool, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Discoverandgo,
Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay at the Hilton Liverpool. I am very pleased to see you enjoyed its great location in the city.
I will pass on your comments regarding storage space in the room to the Housekeeping department, to see if there any possible solutions to this.
Warm regards,
Sarah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Indonesian first
London UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

£149 for room but Internet cost £20 or £25 per 24 hr. I can't remember which and can't find it on their website. Otherwise the hotel was good. Ok breakfast but a selection of more whole grain/ black breads at breakfast would have been appreciated.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sarah J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Liverpool, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear KitLondonUK,
Thank you for your response regarding your stay at the Hilton Liverpool.
In the Guest rooms, the internet is priced at £6 for an hour or £15 for 24 hours. In addition to this, you have access to complimentary WIFI in the lobby area, in which you need to receive a 90 minute code from Reception. We are currently looking at incorporating Internet into our rates, please contact the hotel directly if this is something that you would be interested in the future.
I sincerely hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
Warm regards,
Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The is a modern, clean hotel. The rooms look newly refurbished or otherwise well maintained. Good selection at breakfast and helpful and friendly staff.

The best thing would be the location only a short stroll away from the main shopping area and attractions.

Only downside was expensive wifi in the rooms and for my personal taste, I found it odd to have a loud open bar with flashing lights which looked like a nightclub in the open hotel lobby at night time. I would've given it 5 stars otherwise.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Shekamu,
Thank you for your kind words in regards to the staff at the Hilton Liverpool, I will pass on your compliments.
We do have a very popular bar of a weekend, where there is Live entertainment from a 7pm onwards, I am very sorry if this was not to your taste. For future stays we do Executive rooms on the 6th and 7th floors were you can have access to the Executive Lounge, if you and your guest would prefer to have a quieter drink.
I sincerely hope that you revisit the hotel in the future.
Kind regards,
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I'm usually a dedicated Marriott user, but when I compared the available rates for my last stay in Liverpool, the Hilton was cheaper. Cheaper and far better as it turns out.

None of which is to say that the Marriott is bad. It's just that in terms of service, comfort, and overall quality, the Hilton sets the bar very high, and at a very reasonable rate.

The only flaw was breakfast which was not as hot as it could be, and where the service was understaffed.

Otherwise, I think I've found a new favourite hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
Sarah J, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Liverpool, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear Flamingbagel,
I am so pleased to hear that you tried the Hilton brand for the first time, and had such positive feedback.
I will pass on your comments to the Restaurant and Bar Manager, who will look to improve the way in which we keep our breakfast at a suitable temperature. I sincerely hope that this did not hinder your stay in any way, and I hope that you revisit the property in the future.
Kindest regards,
Sheffield, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This is a good hotel and all you would expect from a Hilton. It is very central and a short (10min) walk to the conference centre. There were 3 issues that guests should be aware of:
a) Car parking. There is a very convenient car part which is clean and the spaces are very large. However, finding the car part is a different matter. It took me 20min once I reached the hotel to find the car park entrance! It is not the one with the large orange banner saying Liverpool One car park. If you are coming from the South East direction you need to be in the right hand (fast) lane because the car park entrance is in the middle of the two sides of dual carriageway. If you are driving from the NW direction then it is more difficult because you have to drive past the hotel, do a U-turn (illegal at the first 2 sets of traffic lights) and then come back on yourself. Considering the above why does the hotel not put a diagram on their web site to explain where the entrance to the car park is? Two of my colleagues staying at the hotel had exactly the same experience.
If you are staying overnight you need to ask the hotel for a special ticket which you insert in the payment station before the standard ticket. This reduces the cost to £9.50 per 24 hours - not bad for the city centre.
b) Internet access is £15 per day. This is really like a RyanAir fare where all the costs appear slowly. There is a movement for this to be free in increasing numbers of hotels. How does the Hilton justify the cost? I guess as long as they do not suffer from clients staying elsewhere they will still impose this tax.
c) Food. I ordered a burger and fries from room service one evening. The cost was £18 (£13 for food and £5 for delivery). The tray was delivered with no salt or pepper and no salt was placed on the fries in the kitchen. The food was delivered on an open tray without a cover to keep the food warm. The fries were so cold, I expect they left the kitchen cold!! Had it not taken so long to deliver the food in the first place, I would have sent it back.
Would I stay here again? Actually yes since I now know how to get into the car park. I would not order room service in this hotel again however.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear MMmd,
Thank you for your constructive criticism in regards to your stay at the Hilton Liverpool, we find any comment incredibly useful when improving current service standards.
I have passed on your comments to our sales team in regards to the Car park directions for Liverpool one and John Lewis. We want to make sure that your journey to the hotel is easy and hassle free, so thank you for raising this with us.
The Internet charges are a set rate, but we are currently looking at incorporating this within room rates at the hotel so please keep this in mind for your future stays. If you would like any further information about this in the future, please feel free to contact me directly on; sarah.johnson3@hilton.com.
I can only apologise for the issues that you did not enjoy your room service, this has been reported to the Chef and Restaurant and bar manager to look at more efficient ways of keeping food warm. Please do not feel that this is normal practise for the Hotel, and this will be addressed appropriately.
I sincerely hope that we see you again soon.
Kindest regards,
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

It was a last minute trip to Liverpool and we were so glad that they had a room, the check in process was straightforward and Danielle was really helpful.
The room its self was clean and fresh with views over the docks, bathroom clean with plenty of towels.
The room included a mini bar, which we didn’t use.
The executive lounge had a good selection of drinks and snacks.
At breakfast we had a good selection of continental and English breakfast.

Really enjoyed the stay at the Hilton and will be going again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
RachaelBennett, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Liverpool, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

It is pleasing to receive such positive feedback. The Executive Lounge is a great feature of the Hotel, and one we definitely take pride in. I will ensure your comments are passed over to Danielle, I am sure she will be delighted!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

booked a afternoon tea for 3pm sunday afternoon,got there at 2.50 pm,got tea on arrival, got our afternoon tea at 3.40,they blamed the wait on a lasagne my grandaughter ordered,we asked for more tea which we got,we also asked for chips which were cold,the sandwich bread was stale,the waitress took the chips back ,they were heated up and come back like crisps ,it was a treat from my daughter for my birthday , she felt embarrased ,it also didnt come cheap ,wrote to them weeks ago ,got no reply,my daughter had been there before with friends and it had been nice , but it was a disaster that day ,it would of been nice for them to reply but we have been ignored

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to deliver your feedback.

I’m very surprised to read you had a less than satisfactory experience in Pima Bar. We have a very loyal following that enjoy Pima week in and week out but it is obvious on this occasion we fell short of our usual high standards. I have passed on all your comments to the Restaurant and Bars manger, who has asked that you be so kind as to contact him directly so he can invite you back. Yusef.ahmed@hilton.com

Kindest Regards

Been to Hilton Liverpool? Share your experiences!